Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
Feb 19, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #874 of 1,765
really? i found the bass to be completely fine, even compared to the m100's
its there when its supposed to be

Well I tried some dub step and there was hardly any thump or rumble. Everything else sounded great. I wasn't expecting ATH M50X lvl bass but at least GR07 BE. Reading reviews and listening to vids on these headphones has me coming to the conclusion what I heard is what it is. If people say its only there when it should be and that means what I experienced... I want nothing to do with "neutral".

I watched mikes review and if those focal speakers sound this lifeless with dub step, I can't imagine I'd like them either. Looking at the Inner Fidelity graph, which I can't fully read, I imagined more bass.

I'll try to get another audition but without actually hearing the artists creation in a studio with reference speakers, I'd never know the truth. Didn't like the low end.

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #875 of 1,765
Well I tried some dub step and there was hardly any thump or rumble. Everything else sounded great. I wasn't expecting ATH M50X lvl bass but at least GR07 BE. Reading reviews and listening to vids on these headphones has me coming to the conclusion what I heard is what it is. If people say its only there when it should be and that means what I experienced... I want nothing to do with "neutral".

I watched mikes review and if those focal speakers sound this lifeless with dub step, I can't imagine I'd like them either. Looking at the Inner Fidelity graph, which I can't fully read, I imagined more bass.

I'll try to get another audition but without actually hearing the artists creation in a studio with reference speakers, I'd never know the truth. Didn't like the low end.

Dude, you are officially a Basshead!  
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #876 of 1,765
I could figure but GR07 BE aren't considerd bass head IEM's and I enjoy them tremendously. Also, if a track has powerful bass, shouldn't neutral "as intended" headphones showcase this?

How about this one also, Aurisonic rockets had more bass presence then the FP I tried, not to mention the rest was also great. I would take them instead on sound alone. Would you say the rockets are bass head iems? Good luck with that.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694117/aurisonics-rockets-impressions-thread

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #877 of 1,765
Dude, you are officially a Basshead!  :D   

I agree! I find the FSP bass to be a speaker-like neutral where the bass on the V-Moda M100 is the most bass heavy sound signature I can tolerate. I really like the bass quality and soundstage from the Munitio Pro 40 HP but found the mids to be too recessed.

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #878 of 1,765
I agree! I find the FSP bass to be a speaker-like neutral where the bass on the V-Moda M100 is the most bass heavy sound signature I can tolerate. I really like the bass quality and soundstage from the Munitio Pro 40 HP but found the mids to be too recessed.

I lean a bit toward the basshead side myself.  Of course, I am not one of the many who think the Etymotics are neutral 
atsmile.gif

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #879 of 1,765

I personally believe that your ears need time to get used to there being less bass presence.

ofcourse if you switch from a bassheavy hp to the focals there will seem to be less of it.

but the same can be said for switching a mid heavy hp to bass heavy and wondering where the F the mids went.

or you just like alot of bass, which is fine :D

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #880 of 1,765
I personally believe that your ears need time to get used to there being less bass presence.

ofcourse if you switch from a bassheavy hp to the focals there will seem to be less of it.

but the same can be said for switching a mid heavy hp to bass heavy and wondering where the F the mids went.

or you just like alot of bass, which is fine :D

GR07 BE isn't bass heavy to my ears. The problem here is reference because no matter what I hear, I don't know what I should be hearing.

GR07 BE graph:

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #881 of 1,765
I could figure but GR07 BE aren't considerd bass head IEM's and I enjoy them tremendously. Also, if a track has powerful bass, shouldn't neutral "as intended" headphones showcase this?

How about this one also, Aurisonic rockets had more bass presence then the FP I tried, not to mention the rest was also great. I would take them instead on sound alone. Would you say the rockets are bass head iems? Good luck with that.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694117/aurisonics-rockets-impressions-thread

Funny, I guess someone was smoking crack when they named them the GR07 BASS EDITION  (BE)  
gs1000.gif

Hey, please don't take the moniker Basshead as a pejorative term.  We all have our preferences.

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #882 of 1,765
  Funny, I guess someone was smoking crack when they named them the GR07 BASS EDITION  (BE)  
gs1000.gif

Hey, please don't take the moniker Basshead as a pejorative term.  We all have our preferences.

i dont think the gr07 be is seriously bass heavy, emphasized maybe. nor do i think the focals are bass light, honestly think they are neutral or ever so slightly above neutral

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #884 of 1,765

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/vsonic-gr07-and-gr07-bass-edition

"The tuning provides a slight bass bump—nothing drastic, but enough for the earphones to sound fuller and more impactful compared to most single- and dual-armature sets, such as the Etymotic Research ER4 and the Ultimate Ears 700. The bass can still be considered accurate, however, and is tight and well-extended....

As for the GR07 Bass Edition, its sound is quite close to the vanilla version but provides a weightier low end for a fuller, more impactful bass presentation. The disparity is only a few decibels, so the Bass Edition still won't do for proper bassheads."

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/vsonic-gr07-bass-edition/

"The bass boost is nothing drastic – bassheads will still find the GR07 BE lacking and fans of more balanced sound still won’t be offended by it."

I had both the normal GR07 and the BE, I'd lean towards their perception of the bass. Both have more bass then what I heard in the FP. It's also possible my pair was defective but can't know now.

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #885 of 1,765
I had both the normal GR07 and the BE, I'd lean towards their perception of the bass. Both have more bass then what I heard in the FP. It's also possible my pair was defective but can't know now.

Face it Unity, the GR07BE's have ruined everything for you! 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back