Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
Apr 15, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #1,082 of 1,765
  Do you guys notice a difference in sound quality between the 2 cables? I personally don't..

I only had the remote cable, and compared it to the V-MODA Audio Only Cable. There was little to no difference.

The only time I noticed a huge difference in sound between cables was with the QC15's stock cables compared to aftermarket headphone cables, which dramatically increased its sound quality.

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #1,083 of 1,765
Yep, so...the HIFIMAN HE-400i beats the Focal Spirit Professional by a small margin. (Or perhaps a large margin. Depends what the listener is looking for.) The one I have has the grill mod, so it sounds more open than the stock HE-400i.

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #1,084 of 1,765
It seems like they're burning in... That artificial sound is almost completely gone. I still think the CAL sounded clearer and a tinybit more realistic, but they're definitely better than when I first got them.

I hope they will improve further and that they'll sound better than the CAL

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #1,085 of 1,765
  It seems like they're burning in... That artificial sound is almost completely gone. I still think the CAL sounded clearer and a tinybit more realistic, but they're definitely better than when I first got them.

I hope they will improve further and that they'll sound better than the CAL

Nice! I didn't notice (or remember) any change, but if it improves for you, that's great. Keep us posted.

I still prefer the Focal Spirit Professional over the HIFIMAN HE-400i in some ways, but aside from those few categories, the HE-400i has stolen the spot as my new favorite headphone!

I plan on getting the HE1000 next. It's gonna be a wild ride!

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #1,086 of 1,765

Nice! I didn't notice (or remember) any change, but if it improves for you, that's great. Keep us posted.

I still prefer the Focal Spirit Professional over the HIFIMAN HE-400i in some ways, but aside from those few categories, the HE-400i has stolen the spot as my new favorite headphone!

I plan on getting the HE1000 next. It's gonna be a wild ride!

Will do man.

I've read some reviews that said these cans are bass light..... Well, that's definitely not true. Bass is VERY good, very tight and slighty less in quantity than the CAL, but waaaay better quality

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #1,087 of 1,765
  Will do man.

I've read some reviews that said these cans are bass light..... Well, that's definitely not true. Bass is VERY good, very tight and slighty less in quantity than the CAL, but waaaay better quality

As shown in the measurements, the FSP has more bass than the perfectly neutral green line. So anyone who is complaining about a lack of bass quantity is looking for quite a bit of extra bass.

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #1,092 of 1,765

Okay, now listen to some death metal to experience what the Spirit Pro is really capable of. Look up these Behemoth songs: Christgrinding Avenue, Sculpting The Throne Ov Seth, Libertheme. Excellent drum impact!

Woooooow, insanity!!! There is so much going on on that song Christgrinding Avenue, and the separation is still pretty good

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #1,093 of 1,765
  Woooooow, insanity!!! There is so much going on on that song Christgrinding Avenue, and the separation is still pretty good

Are you beginning to understand why I like the FSP so much?
ksc75smile.gif

The more different types of music you listen to with it, the more you realize how good it is across the board, even if it doesn't win in all categories.

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #1,095 of 1,765
There's something I noticed about the Spirit Pros. On 1 couplet in a song (well produced track), they can sound REALLY clear, and then the other couplet (on the same exact file) can sound harsh and muffled, and then comes another couplet, and they sound clear again.

Did any of you guys experience this as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back