Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
Feb 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #182 of 1,765
I think that thread over at GearSlutz is filled with actual professional studio rats who are using the FSP all day long, and funny how none of them mention comfort, or earpad size, or clamp. I think these issues are more "audiophile issues" and that's why they laugh at us shaking their heads.

I remember I was so scared to try the LCD-2 because of the massive number of people complaining about the crazy weight, clamp, etc, etc. When I finally got them and put them on my head I was like: "That's it?"

+4

Me too on the lcd2 . Even before I put it on I was like really

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #183 of 1,765
  I thought the weight of the LCD's are actually okay if you have a decently strong neck/head. Small earcups on the other hand really bother me, though I might just order a pair to try anyways.

I don't know... with all the recent complaing/whining. I'm just gonig to tell people to stay far far away from these headphones unless they have tiny tiny ears and can withstand crushing clamp force. This thread is supposed to be an "appreciation thread," but it's more like the complain about the comfort thread now. Haha.

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #184 of 1,765

I don't know... with all the recent complaing/whining. I'm just gonig to tell people to stay far far away from these headphones unless they have tiny tiny ears and can withstand crushing clamp force. This thread is supposed to be an "appreciation thread," but it's more like the complain about the comfort thread now. Haha.

Let's just say nothing so the next headphone Focal makes has the exact same problems. At least, I've actually got a representative from Focal to acknowledge and take that feedback into mind. That's a hell of a lot more productive than downplaying flaws and argumentum ad populum. Why don't we get straight to discussing what amplifier pairing works well and whether X cable has a more smooth sound than Y cable and other productive stuff.

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #185 of 1,765

lol i thought about that earlier when I started to complain myself about the fact that the pads werent replaceable. We are messing up your thread. They should be posting on the other one not this. Today I will be able to have a listen hopefully if ups is ontime!

But to your point again bro there is a lot of whining around here. even me at times. But if you dont want wining stay away from the hifiman he560 400i thread.

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #186 of 1,765

Let's just say nothing so the next headphone Focal makes has the exact same problems. At least, I've actually got a representative from Focal to acknowledge and take that feedback into mind. That's a hell of a lot more productive than downplaying flaws and argumentum ad populum. Why don't we get straight to discussing what amplifier pairing works well and whether X cable has a more smooth sound than Y cable and other productive stuff.

I think it's funny how you think you have so much influence. That's cute...

Also let them know they need to add 11 decibels at 6K to make a neutral headphone. ROFL
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #188 of 1,765
  lol i thought about that earlier when I started to complain myself about the fact that the pads werent replaceable. We are messing up your thread. They should be posting on the other one not this. Today I will be able to have a listen hopefully if ups is ontime!

But to your point again bro there is a lot of whining around here. even me at times. But if you dont want wining stay away from the hifiman he560 400i thread.

I think it's interesting that even people who hate this headphone must agree it sounds good. Haha. (but everything else is bad). I think that works for "appreciation".
wink.gif

I agree, the detachable earpad issue is very annoying though. But hey I've never owned a headphone long enough to wear out the pads before. I'm a junkie who tries the next new best thing. If there is something better than the Focal that comes along I won't hesitate to jump ship and talk smack about the Focal and start a new appreciation thread for this hypothetical supreme can.

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #189 of 1,765

I think it's interesting that even people who hate this headphone must agree it sounds good. Haha. (but everything else is bad). I think that works for "appreciation".
wink.gif

I agree, the detachable earpad issue is very annoying though. But hey I've never owned a headphone long enough to wear out the pads before. I'm a junkie who tries the next new best thing. If there is something better than the Focal that comes along I won't hesitate to jump ship and talk smack about the Focal and start a new appreciation thread for this hypothetical supreme can.

dang lol.... that is madd true yo... me either and I am the same way but the only reason I see this Focal having longevity is because of the isolation and I can take it in my booth and be loud. That is priceless to me and the only reason I was going to buy the German Maestro again until this. 

But what is to love is that Focal is going to have a way to replace the pads with an adhesive on it. That is pretty good. I like to pad swap a lot too so when I heard it was like that I got bummed. I can glue some on though. 

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #191 of 1,765

V-MODA released the XL pads for the M100 after reading the feedback from the Head-Fi forums.  Cute, but effective.

Hey nobody is saying customer complaints don't work. They do. You can find thousands of examples. What I find "cute" is how self-important Dreyka makes himself out to be.

Also, not every company has a Val Kolton, who is a passionate member of the Head-Fi community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back