Focal Spirit One Headphones
Jul 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #151 of 323
thats just it... i dont own any other pair of headphones
tongue_smile.gif
(other than a shabby pair of Soundmagic PL50(in-ear)). so i am totally new to hi-fi/high-end headsets
wink_face.gif

i have looked at the at the Philips Fidelio L1, but they are semi-open back design, and i dont want them to leak to much sound
biggrin.gif
, so does any of you guys have som experience with the L1's, and do you think they leak a substancial amount of sound? 

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #152 of 323
Quote:
thats just it... i dont own any other pair of headphones
tongue_smile.gif
(other than a shabby pair of Soundmagic PL50(in-ear)). so i am totally new to hi-fi/high-end headsets
wink_face.gif

i have looked at the at the Philips Fidelio L1, but they are semi-open back design, and i dont want them to leak to much sound
biggrin.gif
, so does any of you guys have som experience with the L1's, and do you think they leak a substancial amount of sound? 

Just a friendly remark: you could very well cut down on the emoticons and still make your points count. When it comes to the headphones, take a look at this one for a nice overview : http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/over-ear

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #153 of 323
I know this is a bit of a "bump", but I am interested in these cans.

Does anyone have anything more to say about them after owning them for a period of time?

How is the sound leakage?  Are people having durability issues?

Thanks

Dec 10, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #154 of 323
I have had them for about 2 months now. Use them everyday when bicycling - about 1,5 hours per day in quite extreme conditions. Still not broken...
I like the sound of these, my references are HD650, CAL! and phonak 121 ones. I also tried the Momentums.

Dec 10, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #155 of 323
Quote:
I have had them for about 2 months now. Use them everyday when bicycling - about 1,5 hours per day in quite extreme conditions. Still not broken...
I like the sound of these, my references are HD650, CAL! and phonak 121 ones. I also tried the Momentums.

Thanks for the feedback in a seemingly dead thread.

I have experience with the HD650 and have read a bit about the momentums (definitely not my sound sig style).

I would be curious how you think they compare to the momentums and 650 though, seeing as those are both warm phones with a slight midrange and midbass tilt.

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #156 of 323
I was hoping you will not asking cause I have been struggling to put in words to  myself allready:)
They are drier than the German pair. Bass seems less present than single ended HD650. The bass would be more "dry".Less than the Momentums I tried. Reviews seems to be all over the place about the bass, but I found them to have a good bass,but not overblown. The bass is more inline with the HD650 than with the Momentums. The Momentums sounds very good though - dynamic. I prefered the Spirits ones though for their warm midrange. Warm, smooth, organic  with plenty of details. It has some body to the sound. Sibilance is also less present than on the Germans. The frenchie might seem less detailed but after some comparisons I think they are just easier on the ear. The are of course not as "open" sounding" as the HD650 and Momentums because of this.
PS. I have also been surprised by how little attention these have gotten from head-fiers in general.

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #158 of 323
PS. I have also been surprised by how little attention these have gotten from head-fiers in general.

Attention was gotten, then lost when I heard them and how poor they sounded.

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #159 of 323
Quote:
Attention was gotten, then lost when I heard them and how poor they sounded.

+1. The Focals were easily the worst sounding headphone I've tried to date in the category of audiophile headphones. Although to be honest, I even prefer my old Bose more than them. Possibly the most dull and boring phones I've listened to. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #161 of 323
Quote:

+1. The Focals were easily the worst sounding headphone I've tried to date in the category of audiophile headphones. Although to be honest, I even prefer my old Bose more than them. Possibly the most dull and boring phones I've listened to. 

I'm sure glad I don't have your ears. I'd probably slice them off.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #162 of 323
Quote:
Guess you have not tried the P5's then.

I remember the P5's sounding quite off as well. Although the one thing that they had over the focals was bass impact for some sense of rhythm. The extension, layering and control was sub-par but atleast it had impact - the Focals were just dead. It's a shame, their speakers are actually good sounding. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #163 of 323
Quote:

I'm sure glad I don't have your ears. I'd probably slice them off.

WOW.

From your list, I found some common stuff:

Denon D2000
KRK KNS 8400
HE-5LE (I got HE-500, but close enough)
LCD-2

I would like to hear your quick impression on these and see how if it mirrors what I think.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #164 of 323
They are all dull and boring.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #165 of 323
Quote:
They are all dull and boring.

HE-500, LCD-2 and D2000 are all dull and boring!!!!???. 
eek.gif

LMAO!!!!! Alright have a good one, enjoy your Focals. (Also do consider getting an audiogram done professionally)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back