Focal Spirit One Headphones
Jul 1, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #319 of 323
Hello, just chiming in. I ordered a pair of the Focal Spirit Classic just a couple days ago and they should be arriving in 1-3 days. I hope to leave a review.

I also wonder that since they're making a Focal Spirit One S they'll revamp studio/classic or maybe a new one completely? For a company that is used to making expensive speakers, you'd assume they'd have at least a higher tier headphone!

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #322 of 323
hi all, just grabbed a pair of these focal spirit ones and my they just look great! build quality is kinda plasticky on first impressions but great props to the design team over at focal

wonder how the new spirit one S sounds and feels like

this is my unboxing video on these guys if anyone is interested

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #323 of 323
Hi guys,

Just picked this up yesterday and boy do they sound amazing. I can't really describe the sound technically. As far as i can tell they have great clarity and they are fun at the same time.

The build quality was less than what i expected seeing them in the pictures but no worries here because they seem to be solid except for the creaking on the hinges at times when stretching.

They look great on your hands and imo just good on the head. This is because of the round hinges that portrude too much sideways which make them look kinda silly.

The comfort is acceptable, i can wear them for an hour max and need rest if i were to continue. I think this is caused by the smaller earcups on these plus the clamping pressure and it results to pain on the ears overtime.

Well those are my opinions and now im going to ask some of yours.

I read that these do benefit from amping so i plan to buy a portable one but i am still unsure which to get. So spirit one owners what do you recommend?

I was looking at the 100$ price point and there is no exceeding that and so far in my search i came across schiit magni and modii. I really have no idea what to look for in an amp. So help would be very much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back