Focal Spirit One Headphones
May 15, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #121 of 323
Quote:
oh oh btw, i think you guys will find this very itneresting! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5X9oUNSYyE i came across this track while searching for a track to test/burn in my focal, and holy ****, when i was listening to this track it fraeked the **** out of me! thought someone came into my house and just around me! haha i think this track is to test the surround sound effect of your headphones or something? well if it is for that purpose then focal spirit one is amazing at it! ha!

Thanks for that! That was freaking awesome! It sounded AMAZING with my Incase Sonic's . . . I never knew that my headphones could sound like that! That really showed off the best of my headphones! I don't know why but these kind of video's are amazing . . . they are highly addictive and I just want to keep coming back for more! I watched it and I got a huge grin on my face that I could not get rid of for some weird reason.

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #122 of 323
I received some Focal Spirit Ones today, I already own...Shure SRH940, Shure SE535, Sennhieser HD25-I-II and some Sennhieser HD 650....

My HD25 are irreplaceable for me as a live sound engineer so didn't even bother comparing, my SE 535 are a different bread of headphone to being an in ear so didn't bother there either....my 650 are open so not bothering there either....but my SRH940 are closed back to so had a bit of a.......what do I like best shoot out!

Firstly both have a similar build quality...nothing very special with either, I feel the Focal look better to my tastes...the shures look pretty pro though.
Either cans are not ugly.

Sound...

I won't do a cleaver sound write up in regards to Highs,mids and Lows as we all like different things and we all hear differently and appreciate our own preferred sound.

For me the SRH940 are a good clean can with a sparkle that gives a great presence, I do find my self wanting a little more warmth from them however and they can give me listing fatigue with certain tracks.

The Focal I find nice and warm while still offering a great amount of detail, I didn't find any fatigue as they stay nice and smooth through different genres of music.
I would say for me the Focal would be my go to headphone to enjoy my catalog without having to constantly EQ to gain what I enjoy in sound.

I used EQu app through my iPad with and without a cheap little Fiio E11 headphone amp....
I listened to various artists from the Stockfisch label and some Adele, and some reggae tracks I no well.

So all in all I personally like the Focals and can't wait to spend more time with them, I do like the SRH940 as well but not very full sounding for me, but the have plenty of detail.

This is not one of these I no everything Head-Fi reviews, it's a guy who loves music giving his thoughts...sometimes it's that simple!

Thanks.

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #123 of 323
I've had the Focal's for a few weeks now and I was reluctant to pick them up from reading a review or two on here.  I went and ordered them anyway and really glad I did.  It's a nice sounding headphone that's perfect for portability.  I also own the Philips Fidelio L1, which I enjoy thoroughly but the Focal's have a better balance which I appreciate.  

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #124 of 323
i have just got a set of Focal Spirit ONE.. but there is a problem, in some songs they have a nasty hissing scrattling noise in the right earcup
confused_face.gif
does this fix over time via burn-in, or is it a permanent problem so that i have to return them
blink.gif

i actually like the sound of these headphones alot there is just that naty hisssing noise... got any advice ??? plz answer
wink_face.gif

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #125 of 323
i have just got a set of Focal Spirit ONE.. but there is a problem, in some songs they have a nasty hissing scrattling noise in the right earcup:confused_face: does this fix over time via burn-in, or is it a permanent problem so that i have to return them :blink: . 

i actually like the sound of these headphones alot there is just that naty hisssing noise... got any advice ??? plz answer :wink_face:

I would exchange it.

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #127 of 323
Where did you order from? The pair I got had the same problem on the same side. I think I got mine from music direct and returned after I found they didn't sound good at all.

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #128 of 323
i know this sounds weird
blink.gif
, but here goes: seems like the problem i described before was some sort of "one time problem"
confused_face.gif
. i have played all of the songs where the hissing sound occured, and suddently the hissing sound was not there
wink_face.gif

so now theres only left for me to enjoy my new headset
atsmile.gif
normal_smile%20.gif

i will keep you updated if the problem occurs again or if i find some other problems, cheers
wink_face.gif

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #130 of 323
Quote:
I've had the Focal's for a few weeks now and I was reluctant to pick them up from reading a review or two on here.  I went and ordered them anyway and really glad I did.  It's a nice sounding headphone that's perfect for portability.  I also own the Philips Fidelio L1, which I enjoy thoroughly but the Focal's have a better balance which I appreciate.  

Yeah, the L1 is a nice looking, well-built headphone but the bass bloat would not go away and I returned it to Apple and got the Spirit One. No regrets at all. Spirit One is a wonderfully musical headphone.

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #132 of 323
did they ever send you the fixed pair ?

They sent me a replacement next day. I am enjoying it. Video to come. Can't decide if I should do one conparing it to the P5 & P3 or not.

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #134 of 323
i have just played some other songs on my Focal Spirit ONE, and now the hissing sounds starts again, though it stops in some of the songs if you just replay them(very weird!!!).
this only happens when songs are played on my computer on "You Tube", it have never happened when my Focal Spirit ONE are linked up to my ipod touch.

could it be something with my computer, or could it be something with the "You Tube" videos/links ?!?
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back