Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Aug 8, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #571 of 1,465
Hi,
I’m noticing some sound leaking even after good seal ! Is it natural ? Thanks
Me too. I think there's a vent around the area with the logo. It's not too bad until you turn up the volume, I believe.

Aug 14, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #574 of 1,465
Hello friends, posting my Focal Radiance review here in case it helps anyone…I draw comparisons to the ZMF Atticus and the Focal Clear…

Excellent review! Very happy with the Radiance.

Aug 26, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #576 of 1,465
I've met with Focal AD this week, and Radiance has taken my attention, since it have gorgeous color scheme. Initially comes for Stellia, I cannot help but test Radiance, and I have to say that this is the headphone that I like the most in 2 years of this hobby. Sound wise, this is sit between Stellia and Clear MG in my ears; and I have a hard time deciding between both, with Clear have more clarity and sound stage that makes a difference in female vocals, while Radiance is simply a more enjoyable for the kind of songs that I prefer.

It is tested with TEAC UD501 & HA501

However, my preference leaning to warm and not very neutral sound signature, and for reference, I really like Audeze 2, 3, X and XC. Disliking HD800 and Beyerdynamic T1.

A little background, I was curious because I know that Bentley tends to do partnerships with a company that also becomes their supplier; like Breitling for instance. However, as far as I know, Breitling didn't use Focal - they use NAIM.

Apparently, Focal purchased NAIM and that's how Focal and Bentley collaborated in the Audio industry. This is also reflected by NAIM major changes in their speakers industry, with pre-Focal products line up and post-Focal products line up that utilizes Focal tuning

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #577 of 1,465
I've met with Focal AD this week, and Radiance has taken my attention, since it have gorgeous color scheme. Initially comes for Stellia, I cannot help but test Radiance, and I have to say that this is the headphone that I like the most in 2 years of this hobby. Sound wise, this is sit between Radiance and Clear MG in my ears; and I have a hard time deciding between both, with Clear have more clarity and sound stage that makes a difference in female vocals, while Radiance is simply a more enjoyable for the kind of songs that I prefer.

It is tested with TEAC UD501 & HA501

However, my preference leaning to warm and not very neutral sound signature, and for reference, I really like Audeze 2, 3, X and XC. Disliking HD800 and Beyerdynamic T1.

A little background, I was curious because I know that Bentley tends to do partnerships with a company that also becomes their supplier; like Breitling for instance. However, as far as I know, Breitling didn't use Focal - they use NAIM.

Apparently, Focal purchased NAIM and that's how Focal and Bentley collaborated in the Audio industry. This is also reflected by NAIM major changes in their speakers industry, with pre-Focal products line up and post-Focal products line up that utilizes Focal tuning
Actually I believe the Radiance was tuned to simulate the TOTL Naim system in the Bentley it’s a very good sounding HP but definitely not a Stellia and I do own both.

Aug 26, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #578 of 1,465
Actually I believe the Radiance was tuned to simulate the TOTL Naim system in the Bentley it’s a very good sounding HP but definitely not a Stellia and I do own both.
ah, now I understand why Stellia seems to have better product finishing.

I believe that it's my personal taste and also the character of the tracks that I choose to listen to that makes me appreciate Radiance and Clear MG more than Stellia. I never said that Stellia is bad, nor saying that it's worse than Radiance - it's just doesn't click for what I prefer to get in musicality. Apologize, I just realized that my post was somewhat confusing - I meant to say that Radiance sits between Stellia and Clear MG in my ears.

I sincerely believe that this is the case of what we like maybe not what the others enjoy. Stellia is undoubtedly an excellent headphone, but they just didn't give the oomph for me

Aug 27, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #579 of 1,465

I believe that it's my personal taste and also the character of the tracks that I choose to listen to that makes me appreciate Radiance and Clear MG more than Stellia. I never said that Stellia is bad, nor saying that it's worse than Radiance - it's just doesn't click for what I prefer to get in musicality. Apologize, I just realized that my post was somewhat confusing - I meant to say that Radiance sits between Stellia and Clear MG in my ears.

I sincerely believe that this is the case of what we like maybe not what the others enjoy. Stellia is undoubtedly an excellent headphone, but they just didn't give the oomph for me
It's the tuning for me. The tuning of the Radiance (more bass, warmer, less prominent upper mids) is more appealing to me than the tuning of the Stellia. Simply a matter of preference.

Aug 30, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #580 of 1,465

I sincerely believe that this is the case of what we like maybe not what the others enjoy. Stellia is undoubtedly an excellent headphone, but they just didn't give the oomph for me.

Don’t know how my reply ended up here…… I totally understand what you’re saying that’s what makes the hobby so enjoyable, I love both however, different flavors

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #584 of 1,465
I re-did the YT review of the Focal Radiance...would love feedback...

Great Review Sajid. I’ve been subscribed to your channel for a while and really appreciate your insight.

I totally agree with your assessment for the Radiance as I’ve also owned the Clear and Atticus and performed the same comparison as you.

I don’t really have any negative feedback. I really appreciate your no nonsense approach. Most reviewers are trying to add B-Roll and production value and although I appreciate that, a lot of the time it extends the video far longer for no real added value.

The one thing I’d love for you to add is your test track playlist and gear used to find your results so I can better understand how you’re coming to your conclusions.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #585 of 1,465
I have Radiance pads in use for about 1.5 months now and one of them feels like as if it's filled with 50% to 75% of the foam as the other. Thing is, when I got them I didn't notice it at all :s Does anyone as have had the same experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back