Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Sep 17, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #121 of 1,465
Jude said on Facebook he will post FR chart and impressions soon.

LOL. While I do intend to do those things, here's a screen shot of what I actually said:

Screen-Shot-2020-09-17-at-11.57.41_BLUR.jpg

I'll get to it as soon as I can, but there's a lot going on at the office right now, including prepping for a video presentation for which I have a looming due date.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #122 of 1,465
LOL. While I do intend to do those things, here's a screen shot of what I actually said:

I'll get to it as soon as I can, but there's a lot going on at the office right now, including prepping for a video presentation for which I have a looming due date.

Sorry, my mind must have played tricks on me. :) I seem to have shaped reality into a version I'd like more. :D

Sep 17, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #123 of 1,465
Stop denying! Someone said you promised, so you are committed. :smirk:
Hey all - I heard Jude is going to run for president in 2024, and pass laws to subsidize audio equipment for every american resident. There! That is a fact now!! Gotta love the internet... :wink:

Sep 17, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #124 of 1,465

Waiting on your Bentley for the ultimate flex, Jude? Reviewing the Radiance for Bentley in a Bentley. :wink:

Sep 22, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #125 of 1,465

Hey Jude, can you please check if the "Solid aluminium yoke" continues through the Radiance's "headband"?

There have been reports of the Elegia headband "folding" up and Focal refuses repairing them - even for cost.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #130 of 1,465
Just a brief point of logic

Most likely these headphones will not sound as good as they could for the price

Why? Because the Bentley license costs money and you are going to be paying for that.

Just a thought, doesn't mean it won't be worth owning but part of your cash will go to that logo

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #131 of 1,465
Just a brief point of logic

Most likely these headphones will not sound as good as they could for the price

Why? Because the Bentley license costs money and you are going to be paying for that.

Just a thought, doesn't mean it won't be worth owning but part of your cash will go to that logo
I doubt focal pays for Bentley license. It’s likely a mutually beneficial partnership for two esteemed luxury brands.

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #132 of 1,465
I doubt focal pays for Bentley license. It’s likely a mutually beneficial partnership for two esteemed luxury brands.
I wouldn't doubt it. How many people are going to buy a headphone and be like "yeah, I'll buy a Bentley cause of this headphone." Pretty much no one.

But, the Bentley name may give this headphone more prestige and thus sell more headphones. Focal clearly benefits more.

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #133 of 1,465
I wouldn't doubt it. How many people are going to buy a headphone and be like "yeah, I'll buy a Bentley cause of this headphone." Pretty much no one.

But, the Bentley name may give this headphone more prestige and thus sell more headphones. Focal clearly benefits more.
It’s like part of a partnership they did regarding the installation of focal audio into Bentley automobiles as an option. Many companies have partnerships like that and this one they decided to take further with headphone as well. These cobranded products are increasingly common approach for marketing teams and companies to drive value in mutually beneficial ways. I don’t think the Bentley brand is worth that much to Focal for headphones either. They could release this without it and still charge same price as it’s likely using off the shelf focal drivers and technology.
All speculation.

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #134 of 1,465
I've only had a brief listen, but early impressions have me thinking that the Radiance's signature will appeal to many Head-Fi'ers. It made me think of a more romantic Elegia. If the Elegia was too flat but you like the presentation of Focal's more fun models like the Clear and Stellia, the Radiance is worth an audition. Plus, I love the detailing like the gold accents and lattice textures.

Focal Radiance-01271.jpg

Sep 25, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #135 of 1,465
I've only had a brief listen, but early impressions have me thinking that the Radiance's signature will appeal to many Head-Fi'ers. It made me think of a more romantic Elegia. If the Elegia was too flat but you like the presentation of Focal's more fun models like the Clear and Stellia, the Radiance is worth an audition. Plus, I love the detailing like the gold accents and lattice textures.

Focal Radiance-01271.jpg
It sounds like the Radiance was tuned to be a little more consumer-friendly, with a greater emphasis on warmth and a more robust low-end region. Correct me if I'm straying too far from the truth, but that's what I hope to hear in the Radiance. I like the Elegia, but I've always wanted a greater kick in the bass to afford a more engaging experience. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back