Focal Elegia - what do you think?
Jun 11, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #1,712 of 4,840
They look simpler and less fancy, probably therefore more durable I guess.
Not even really about durability, although I'm sure they are. They massively helped with the seal for me and made bass response noticeably more impactful.

Jun 11, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #1,713 of 4,840
Not even really about durability, although I'm sure they are. They massively helped with the seal for me and made bass response noticeably more impactful.
how did they exactly helped you with the seal? what was wrong with the original earpads in the first place? just in terms of seal. Also how is the comfort between those two?

My problem with the original earpads is that they are too soft. So when I wear them the ear pads get squished due to clamp force and results in my ear touching the driver.
Are the Dekoni Sheepskin earpads stiff enough to withstand the clamp force?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #1,714 of 4,840
how did they exactly helped you with the seal? what was wrong with the original earpads in the first place? just in terms of seal. Also how is the comfort between those two?

My problem with the original earpads is that they are too soft. So when I wear them the ear pads get squished due to clamp force and results in my ear touching the driver.
Are the Dekoni Sheepskin earpads stiff enough to withstand the clamp force?

Yea, certainly stiffer than the original pads. That softness of the pads where somewhat a factor in my issues as well, I felt like the top of the pad would compress too much sometimes and then I'd lose my seal on the bottom a tad bit. Again, this was fairly intermittent and not all too common but I felt as though it was annoying to keep readjusting at times. With the Dekoni, there are no such issues. I find comfort to be rather similar between the two, personally like the leather a tad more though...

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #1,715 of 4,840
Guys, I just got a Chord Hugo 2 and can confirm the Elegia/Hugo 2 combination is just out of this world. Still a happy owner of Elegia one year later!

Jun 13, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #1,716 of 4,840
The Adorama deal for $429 is apparently back up for those who missed out on it last time: Adorama Link

EDIT: Adorama is located in New York City, USA.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #1,717 of 4,840
Jun 13, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #1,718 of 4,840
Yea, certainly stiffer than the original pads. That softness of the pads where somewhat a factor in my issues as well, I felt like the top of the pad would compress too much sometimes and then I'd lose my seal on the bottom a tad bit. Again, this was fairly intermittent and not all too common but I felt as though it was annoying to keep readjusting at times. With the Dekoni, there are no such issues. I find comfort to be rather similar between the two, personally like the leather a tad more though...
Thank you so much, the sheepskin pads are a lot stiffer, therefore my ear dont touch the driver! also the bass increased more.
I also had the problem with the original pads, where it would compress too much at the top, so therefore the bottom part where the jaw is, would be too loose.
again, thank you for this recommendation, the pads also look better than the original ones and make the ELEGia more ELEGant.
View attachment IMG_20200613_121620.jpg

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #1,719 of 4,840
Focal Elegia and Chord Mojo - Simply outstanding sound. So warm and full of details. I love the combo!

Jun 13, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #1,721 of 4,840
in in th uk

I’m in the UK, I see they ship internationally, does anyone have any idea as to the shipping and custom costs?
Shipping is about $67 for fedex. Customs would be about 20% on top. Right now I would be more concerned with how long it takes due to limited flights.

Jun 13, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #1,722 of 4,840
What source do you use?
Roon via MacBook Pro as an endpoint. Tidal Masters and about 2 TB of .flac lossless music on my NAS drive. Using Roon Rock as my base.

Jun 13, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #1,723 of 4,840
Roon via MacBook Pro as an endpoint. Tidal Masters and about 2 TB of .flac lossless music on my NAS drive. Using Roon Rock as my base.
Thanks, sounds good. Looking at both the Elegia and trying to work out whether I want to get the mojo too. I too have a whole bunch of FLAC lossless on a NAS drive and use Tidal.

Jun 13, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #1,725 of 4,840
Thanks, much appreciated. Good point about the flights!
Hi there.. I have been ordering to iceland from the uk and the usa without problems 🤘i am about to pull the chord on some dekoni's for my 1990's and the elegia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back