Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Feb 28, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #6,526 of 6,742
I think my Elear finally broke because the left side no longer works. I don't know if a connection got loose in there or what but I know it's not the cable because it works fine on my other headphones. I've had them since about a month after they were released and I'm pretty sad they kicked the bucket but now I can try one of the newer Focals sometime in the future.

Feb 28, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #6,527 of 6,742
I think my Elear finally broke because the left side no longer works. I don't know if a connection got loose in there or what but I know it's not the cable because it works fine on my other headphones. I've had them since about a month after they were released and I'm pretty sad they kicked the bucket but now I can try one of the newer Focals sometime in the future.
Well, there goes my feeling of security with a pair one month older :) .
Hope you get a resolution without an excessive cost…
If you go for a new set Focal are still worth the driver lottery!
I re-entered twice with Stellia and Utopia. All wins so far.

Feb 28, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #6,528 of 6,742
My condolences my dude. Same thing happened to me....I take care of my gear with a Father's Pride. I too experienced this....:beer:

Feb 28, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #6,529 of 6,742
I take care of my gear as well, I don't smoke or anything so I was pretty shocked when I went to use them and only the right side was working. This is the first pair of headphones I've had do this and the fact it's a $1000 pair isn't great but I'll get over it.

Mar 1, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #6,530 of 6,742
Usually the left driver fails and since yours is from the first release, that's probably the defective batch.
Contact Focal America if still within the 5 years warranty period.

Mar 1, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #6,531 of 6,742
Well, there goes my feeling of security with a pair one month older :) .
Hope you get a resolution without an excessive cost…
If you go for a new set Focal are still worth the driver lottery!
I re-entered twice with Stellia and Utopia. All wins so far.
As far as I've heard, it was a one time product line failure which didn't re-occur.

Mar 1, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #6,532 of 6,742
I take care of my gear as well, I don't smoke or anything so I was pretty shocked when I went to use them and only the right side was working. This is the first pair of headphones I've had do this and the fact it's a $1000 pair isn't great but I'll get over it.
My disappointment was as large as the $1,000 price tag too at the moment 😢😢

Mar 1, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #6,533 of 6,742
As far as I've heard, it was a one time product line failure which didn't re-occur.
Perhaps for Elear, which as we know Focal discontinued.

As I own several versions of Focal headphones I drop in on several threads here. Utopia, in particular, seem to have a fairly steady stream of posters indicating driver failures…
No idea if the failure rates would be considered abnormal, after all most every products has some level of defects, and Focal isn’t talking :wink:

Thus far, in my experience, Focal has the best warranty and suppport there is… the one you don’t need!

I did have a warranty issue on a new non Focal amp that the Focal distributer for my region handles. Focal and the distributor were phenomenal, you could not have a better customer service experience.

Lots of sympathy for those with products failing out of warranty. One way or the other we pay in this hobby. Keep your gear till it fails or by turning it over quickly chasing the latest and greatest. I am in the keep camp.

Mar 2, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #6,534 of 6,742
Perhaps for Elear, which as we know Focal discontinued.

As I own several versions of Focal headphones I drop in on several threads here. Utopia, in particular, seem to have a fairly steady stream of posters indicating driver failures…
No idea if the failure rates would be considered abnormal, after all most every products has some level of defects, and Focal isn’t talking :wink:

Thus far, in my experience, Focal has the best warranty and suppport there is… the one you don’t need!

I did have a warranty issue on a new non Focal amp that the Focal distributer for my region handles. Focal and the distributor were phenomenal, you could not have a better customer service experience.

Lots of sympathy for those with products failing out of warranty. One way or the other we pay in this hobby. Keep your gear till it fails or by turning it over quickly chasing the latest and greatest. I am in the keep camp.
True, accidental product's failure is a natural part of every hobby but as you said the great support make up for it as in Focal's case. Very professional and supportive CS.
Beside giving their product prices, it's a must for them.

Mar 5, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #6,535 of 6,742
Finally my Elear's headband broke as well :angry: Inside the cushion, I found out that it was plastic connecting the metal!!! It's a miracle it lasted this long...
I want to save these headphones because it would be such a waste otherwise.
Does anybody know where I can find replacement bands? I live in Turkey and bought them online, so no "Focal Turkey" here. Sending them to Europe to get them fixed is not an option unfortunately. (Too costly) I am OK with 3rd party bands that would fit my Elears.
Any ideas?

Mar 5, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #6,536 of 6,742
Finally my Elear's headband broke as well :angry: Inside the cushion, I found out that it was plastic connecting the metal!!! It's a miracle it lasted this long...
I want to save these headphones because it would be such a waste otherwise.
Does anybody know where I can find replacement bands? I live in Turkey and bought them online, so no "Focal Turkey" here. Sending them to Europe to get them fixed is not an option unfortunately. (Too costly) I am OK with 3rd party bands that would fit my Elears.
Any ideas?

I've seen people post on reddit about swapping in a HiFiman headband. Trying searching around.

Mar 25, 2022 at 12:35 AM Post #6,540 of 6,742
I have a set of elears I barely used. I should sell them. Great headphones, I just prefer the lcd-3's sound.
Different house signature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back