Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #6,512 of 6,742
SCHIITTTTT.....I think my left driver died!!! :grimacing:

Haven't used it for a couple of weeks, plugged it up to the Modius/Jot stack and nothing coming from the left speaker. Checked all cables and swapped setup's still nothing.

Gave it some deoxit and will come back to it....pray! :pray:
How long have you had your elears?

Feb 10, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #6,513 of 6,742
Hifiman cables will do, am using the Ananda's with good results and I don't recommend cutting and ironing custom plugs, remember the stock cables are high end and originally quoted for $220
Still checking my options. For now, I had rolled a portion of the stock cable and tied them in to shorten to my liking. Very cost effective for now. Lol.

Feb 10, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #6,514 of 6,742
Feb 10, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #6,515 of 6,742
Second hand, about 3 years now! Might open her up and have a look inside!
Nothing much to do inside, most of the cases the left driver dies.
It was a common manufacturing defect in the first batches of both Elear and Utopia and it take sometime to appear. The warranty was extended to 5 years to cover for the defective products.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #6,516 of 6,742
It was a common manufacturing defect in the first batches of both Elear and Utopia and it take sometime to appear. The warranty was extended to 5 years to cover for the defective products.
Yeah I read this, the cost of fixing this issue is not worth it for me! Ahhhh wells...... :disappointed_relieved:

Feb 10, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #6,518 of 6,742
It was a common manufacturing defect in the first batches of both Elear and Utopia and it take sometime to appear. The warranty was extended to 5 years to cover for the defective product.
The left channel failed in my first set of Utopia (which Focal, to their credit, did replace).

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #6,519 of 6,742
The left channel failed in my first set of Utopia (which Focal, to their credit, did replace).
That must be a very terrible experience. Even the flagship has that design failure.

Feb 10, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #6,521 of 6,742
Well....I opened it up, quite easy to do actually....I don't see any detached wire or anything like that. I'm going to take it an Electrician next week. Gave them a call and seem keen to have a look at it! :fingers_crossed:

Feb 10, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #6,523 of 6,742
Same with my Elear, warranty was honored 👍👍
A new driver set (L+R) were shipped free of charge.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #6,524 of 6,742
Same with my Elear, warranty was honored 👍👍
A new driver set (L+R) were shipped free of charge.
Did you diy after receiving the drivers?

Feb 12, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #6,525 of 6,742
Did you diy after receiving the drivers?
I did, pretty straight forward. Melt the solder joints to remove the old drivers and to solder the new ones. Make sure not to drop any solder on the drivers and use professional grade solder for the best connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back