Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #6,226 of 6,742
Can anyone suggest a good hard case for the Elear? I need something with sufficient space to hold the headphones without having to remove the cable every time I store them.

Measure the size of the headphones with the cables attached. Then do a search for a hard clam shell case of suitable dimensions.

This is what I do if I need a case for my tools.

There are many designs on eBay or Amazon and it’s just a case of searching until you find one you like.

Dec 15, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #6,228 of 6,742
After barely using my Elear at all over the past year or so I got them out about a week ago and it's like I'm discovering them for the first time again and they sound good.

Paired with the iFi Neo they have a little bit smoother than I remember sound but still with the fantastic dynamics that make the sound so good. The mids are quite forward which the Neo likes to do and the detail is outstanding, same goes for the highs which have a nice bit of sparkle and plenty of detail.

I really forgot just how good this headphone really is and I'm enjoying listening to them a lot. That's one good thing about having many headphones because I can go long stretches of time without using some and it's like hearing them for the first time again.

Dec 15, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #6,229 of 6,742
After barely using my Elear at all over the past year or so I got them out about a week ago and it's like I'm discovering them for the first time again and they sound good.

Paired with the iFi Neo they have a little bit smoother than I remember sound but still with the fantastic dynamics that make the sound so good. The mids are quite forward which the Neo likes to do and the detail is outstanding, same goes for the highs which have a nice bit of sparkle and plenty of detail.

I really forgot just how good this headphone really is and I'm enjoying listening to them a lot. That's one good thing about having many headphones because I can go long stretches of time without using some and it's like hearing them for the first time again.
I agree totally, I as well took mine out this week after a year as well and played then on my H2/2go which I didn’t have the last time I used these headphones, and I’m blowed away at how they sound. I just didn’t realize how good they sound.

Dec 16, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #6,230 of 6,742
Just took my Elears our of their case to compare with the Airpods Max and... right driver isn’t working. Switched left and right cables and still the right side. Think it’s a dead driver :slight_frown:.

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #6,232 of 6,742
Just took my Elears our of their case to compare with the Airpods Max and... right driver isn’t working. Switched left and right cables and still the right side. Think it’s a dead driver :slight_frown:.

Man that really does suck and you're not the first I've seen as quite a few people say they've had the same problem. I feel like I've been lucky with mine because I believe they're from the first batch since I got them a few weeks after release.

Dec 16, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #6,233 of 6,742

So Sorry to hear that, i hope u got covered by warranty since afaik they extend warranty up to 5 years for elear user, i myself used it for 20 months now for almost everyday (bought in 2019), luckily never encountered any issue yet, hope also this long lasting.

My only bad luck was with aeolus so far, channel imbalance issue, but it got fixed, till now, no more problem.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #6,234 of 6,742
Guess what came in the mail??
20201216_141841.jpg

Dec 17, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #6,236 of 6,742
I Order some as well (the red ones) and should be in today's mail if the snow didn't slow things down. please let us know your opinion.

Haha. I'm too distracted by the mest, but will do comparisons shortly.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #6,237 of 6,742
Dec 17, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #6,239 of 6,742
hello friends,
I've had a dead driver for over a year, didn't get the warranty after buying it second hand. anyway, last time I msg focal's customer service they said they'd replace both drivers for 400something euros.
do you guys know if the prices have gone down? or if there's a site where I could get drivers for less?

Dec 20, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #6,240 of 6,742
I Order some as well (the red ones) and should be in today's mail if the snow didn't slow things down. please let us know your opinion.

First quick impression: some removal of warmth in the lower end, lesser lingering bloom. Consequently, mids sound somewhat clearer. Will spend more time to dig deeper as to how they compare. Holidays coming up, I'll see what I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back