Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #6,167 of 6,742
I'm glad to see there is still Elear lovers around here as to me, they are a very special headphone!

They throw such a beautiful, enveloping picture of the music you're listening to without too many nervous moments and just goes about it's business as a very accomplished performing headphone! Focal really needs a medal of accommodation for delivering a headphone many years ago that is still truly wonderful to this day. (imho).

Maybe one day, I'll try for the Clears or heck...Utopia but for now...the Elears are still the one!

P.s. I wouldn't say no to a Elegia either! :D

Oct 30, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #6,168 of 6,742
I'm glad to see there is still Elear lovers around here as to me, they are a very special headphone!

They throw such a beautiful, enveloping picture of the music you're listening to without too many nervous moments and just goes about it's business as a very accomplished performing headphone! Focal really needs a medal of accommodation for delivering a headphone many years ago that is still truly wonderful to this day. (imho).

Maybe one day, I'll try for the Clears or heck...Utopia but for now...the Elears are still the one!

P.s. I wouldn't say no to a Elegia either! :D

Just get the pads. I'm just saving up.

Oct 30, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #6,169 of 6,742
Yes, get the Clear pads. The only difference will be that the Clears have a copper voice coil in the driver rather than the aluminum voice coil in the Elear. Otherwise same headphone.

The Eligia is ofen on sale at Adorama for $399, an excellent closed back headphone at that price too. But don't kid yourself-it's no match for the open back Elear with Clear pads.

Nov 1, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #6,170 of 6,742
im telling you guys, throw some sendy aiva pads on these. to me its a whole different level

Nov 1, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #6,171 of 6,742
Nov 7, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #6,172 of 6,742
I have been running both my Elears and Elegias with this NeoMusicia cable and have had no issues. In a blind test (conducted by my spouse) I could not tell the difference between NeoMusicia and stock cables.

:)

Nov 7, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #6,174 of 6,742
I have been running both my Elears and Elegias with this NeoMusicia cable and have had no issues. In a blind test (conducted by my spouse) I could not tell the difference between NeoMusicia and stock cables.

Been using my Eclair with the neomusica cable since the day I got them. I've actually never used the stock cable or the stock pads. Only the neomusica cable and either Utopia or Clear pads.

Nov 7, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #6,175 of 6,742
I am thinking of trying Periapt cables with my Focals. Anyone has any words of wisdom in this regard?

Nov 8, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #6,176 of 6,742
Nov 8, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #6,178 of 6,742
Nov 8, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #6,180 of 6,742
How often are drivers failure happens in elears? Does focal gives 5 year warranty on focal elears if you buy from authorized seller?

I had it almost 2 years now, bought it from authorized dealer on may 2019 no issue whatsoever so far, i almost use it everyday, this still one of my favourite can, easy and pleasure to listened to

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back