Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #1,726 of 6,742
You should try another pair though. I think you had a defective unit. I have never had any issues with the Elear thus far.

You might be right, but now my heart is dead set on the Z1R. If that does not tickle my fancy. I don't know what will. 

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #1,728 of 6,742
You might be right, but now my heart is dead set on the Z1R. If that does not tickle my fancy. I don't know what will. 

That's the whole game in headfi. There's always the newest thing just about to come out. Once the Z1R is released another company will announce a new flagship. You can't stay ahead of the game here, it moves too fast.

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #1,730 of 6,742
That's the whole game in headfi. There's always the newest thing just about to come out. Once the Z1R is released another company will announce a new flagship. You can't stay ahead of the game here, it moves too fast.
That is the game we play.

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #1,732 of 6,742

I am using Elear for past 1 month without any issue but ever since i read about this issue instead of enjoying music i am trying to find out the fault.
Is this issue widespread. Mine is still under return period.
My dealer said warranty is 1 year but read somewhere that it is 2 years.

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #1,733 of 6,742
Pro 900 and edition 8's for that bass impact though. People be hatin' on the sone, but you've got my approval on them bro....
[/quote None of them touch the Jvc sz2000. Whoosh the bass on them. Mind blowing. But it stops after bass

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #1,734 of 6,742

Pro 900 and edition 8's for that bass impact though. People be hatin' on the sone, but you've got my approval on them bro....
[/quote None of them touch the Jvc sz2000. Whoosh the bass on them. Mind blowing. But it stops after bass

I like the bass along with the sparkly highs for electronic. Really like the HE-400 for it also, since it carries that bass punch and treble sparkle. Basically, good v shaped cans.

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #1,735 of 6,742
I am using Elear for past 1 month without any issue but ever since i read about this issue instead of enjoying music i am trying to find out the fault.
You would know if you had this issue. Trust me, it's unbearable.

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #1,736 of 6,742

Don't forget them pretty 2400/2900s,
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #1,738 of 6,742

Luckily no it's not..

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #1,739 of 6,742
The character of these changes quite a bit depending on the amp you use...just got adapters, using Norne Zoetic cable, balanced (but I have a single ended adapter).
Have the MicroZOTL2 (single ended), and the Liquid Carbon (best balanced). Quick impressions:
Through the LC-get better bass, better impact, more rhythmic drive (for the most part, not on every track I've listened to).
Through the ZOTL-get more air, wider soundstage (both have little depth), deeper bass with a bit less impact, more detail, especially vocals.

Which I like better varies, literally, from song to song...
generally, jazz does better on ZOTL, rock on LC (but those vocal details can make this change)

Shoot!

(I think the cable change alone makes a difference, better sounding than the stock)

(really enjoying a high resolution file of Television's Marque Moon as I write these words...the ZOTL is winning on "Venus" and "Friction" from this album, though I really dug them through the LC as well).

Double shoot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back