Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #1,711 of 6,742
Hey I think I'm having a problem with my elears it seems on certain bass levels they start to sound distorted or sounds like the drivers are breaking up . I notice that when I plug it in to my ifi ican se with the bass boost on or on extra bass . Is it just my pair or what , my other headphones don't do that and they are even more sensitive than the elears

I've been hearing of this issue a lot lately. I think I sorta dodged a bullet by returning my Elear's. 

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #1,713 of 6,742
Is because they need to be broken in or what it can't be the sensitivity my vmoda m100s or signature dj don't have this problem at all on the same amp it even did this on my portable cayin c5 with the bass boost on.

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #1,714 of 6,742
Hey I think I'm having a problem with my elears it seems on certain bass levels they start to sound distorted or sounds like the drivers are breaking up . I notice that when I plug it in to my ifi ican se with the bass boost on or on extra bass . Is it just my pair or what , my other headphones don't do that and they are even more sensitive than the elears

Only listen to this with bass boost?

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #1,718 of 6,742
Isn't there a guy from focal on this thread, who picks up the impressions and feedbacks and issues and so on? I think it would be nice to here now from him, on what focal has to say about this bass distortion thing.
Seems like it's not a single pair of the Elears, which is in trouble..

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #1,719 of 6,742
Has anyone tried the Elear in balanced mode?

I'm considering it and would like to hear if there are any improvements/benefits in doing so.

Cheers :cool:

I'm running my Elears balanced with Black Dragon V2 cable. I would say the improvements are subtle, not night and day, but nevertheless still there to be heard. I am 49 so maybe younger ears may hear more of a drastic improvement. Definitely still worth doing though IMHO The improvements I noticed were that all through the range clarity improved inc both male and female voicing, everything just seemed more in focus and there were no issues in the highs to my ears

Thanks for the comments :normal_smile :

I want to replace the bulky stethoscope like cable at some point but was the fence about going balanced....

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #1,720 of 6,742
Isn't there a guy from focal on this thread, who picks up the impressions and feedbacks and issues and so on? I think it would be nice to here now from him, on what focal has to say about this bass distortion thing.
Seems like it's not a single pair of the Elears, which is in trouble..

I used the same amp that made the Elear's rattle in the bass response. On the NIghthawks it sounds absolutely great. The biggest disappointment i had in audio so far. 

Dec 29, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #1,722 of 6,742
  The Elear was the biggest disappointment you've had in audio? Because of the overall headphone or just the bass issue?

The bass issue, it was a grand disappointment because the moment i put them on running out of my phone the sound captivated me. Some singers came on and i was blown away. Then the bass happened. Yeah to me.... it was by far the biggest disappointment ever because i was following these things since i heard about them in the summer time. 

Dec 29, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #1,724 of 6,742
Gives new meaning to the bass drop emoji:
basshead.gif

Hits so hard !  it rattles unpleasantly lmao 

Dec 29, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #1,725 of 6,742
The bass issue, it was a grand disappointment because the moment i put them on running out of my phone the sound captivated me. Some singers came on and i was blown away. Then the bass happened. Yeah to me.... it was by far the biggest disappointment ever because i was following these things since i heard about them in the summer time. 

You should try another pair though. I think you had a defective unit. I have never had any issues with the Elear thus far. The bass rendering is quite superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back