Focal Clear headphones
Aug 31, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #12,031 of 12,585
I purchased one last week in 2023! Got it with a very good price and paired it with hip dac 2 and toppling dx3 pro+ for desk setup. Also bought the dacs last week too. I have never did purchase any dac in the past :) anyone has the same setup? :)
I’m using hip dac 2 as portable dac amp.

But now mainly using desktop dac amp

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #12,032 of 12,585
Hey All,
My Clear’s Pads are totally fine in Term of shape and density and acoustics. But as it was anticipated, they have gone darker and dirty. I was thinking to grab a new pair of focal pads from headphones.com while they are still available. But also am really interested in Dekoni custom LTD one that originally released for Stellia. Since they have almost similar prices, I’m slightly torn between the two. Has anyone auditioned the OG CLEAR with Dekoni custom Pads? If so, any insight would be greatly appreciated. I don’t have comfort issues with the Clear, so my interest is distinctly on sound properties.

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #12,033 of 12,585
Hey All,
My Clear’s Pads are totally fine in Term of shape and density and acoustics. But as it was anticipated, they have gone darker and dirty. I was thinking to grab a new pair of focal pads from headphones.com while they are still available. But also am really interested in Dekoni custom LTD one that originally released for Stellia. Since they have almost similar prices, I’m slightly torn between the two. Has anyone auditioned the OG CLEAR with Dekoni custom Pads? If so, any insight would be greatly appreciated. I don’t have comfort issues with the Clear, so my interest is distinctly on sound properties.
I used them on Elegia's, but not on my Clear's. Keep in mind that those pads are for closed back headphones. I would assume that they would change the sound on the Clear's noticeably. But maybe you'd like the change?

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #12,036 of 12,585
I had the Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin (not custom Stellia) on my Elear when I had it, and I liked it a lot. I went back and forth with Clear pads, liking them both.

Now on my Clear, I've settled on the ZMF sub pads, but I swap the OG pads on occasionally.
I bought the Dekoni fenestrated and they sounded good, but they were not nearly as comfortable as the stock pads. They sit in a box to brought out when I am Totally disgusted at the colour of my stock pads. :smile:
Say's the guy with oily skin.

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #12,037 of 12,585
Thanks for the insight. I suppose it really unleashes Elegia’s potential.
It still didn't make them good enough to keep. Better than stock, but I kept looking.
Ended up getting Radiance's.

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #12,038 of 12,585
I had the Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin (not custom Stellia) on my Elear when I had it, and I liked it a lot. I went back and forth with Clear pads, liking them both.

Now on my Clear, I've settled on the ZMF sub pads, but I swap the OG pads on occasionally.
Can’t go wrong with OG Pads. Clear is already fantastic as it is. In fact it’s so comprehensive that my biggest concern is that any other pad may deviate the tune significantly from the stock one. And that’s the last thing I want

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #12,040 of 12,585
I bought the Dekoni fenestrated and they sounded good, but they were not nearly as comfortable as the stock pads. They sit in a box to brought out when I am Totally disgusted at the colour of my stock pads. :smile:
Say's the guy with oily skin.
I used to have utopia and personally preferred comfort of micro fiber material of clear pads. Dekoni fens are kinda resembling of utopia stock pad. But with much more holes all over it. I assume it would make them slightly gritty on skin?

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #12,041 of 12,585
Enjoy your Radiance. IMHO not only it’s Focal’s best closed back, but one of THE better sealed cans out there. They also look fascinating. Such a fantastic headphone
Definitely the prettiest cans I own.

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #12,042 of 12,585
I used to have utopia and personally preferred comfort of micro fiber material of clear pads. Dekoni fens are kinda resembling of utopia stock pad. But with much more holes all over it. I assume it would make them slightly gritty on skin?
I didn't find them gritty, but hard. Sounded fine, but I missed that soft pad on my ears. MAN, I wish they were black! :slight_smile:

Sep 6, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #12,043 of 12,585
I didn't find them gritty, but hard. Sounded fine, but I missed that soft pad on my ears. MAN, I wish they were black! :slight_smile:
Or at least instead of those chunky rigid unmanageable cables that they include and most owners don’t use, they could do the same they did with pro version. An extra pair of pads.

Sep 6, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #12,045 of 12,585
I used them on Elegia's, but not on my Clear's. Keep in mind that those pads are for closed back headphones. I would assume that they would change the sound on the Clear's noticeably. But maybe you'd like the change?
On Clear OG, I have used both Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin earpads (most of the time) and Dekoni LTD Stellia earpads. The ‘fennies’ present a more open, wider soundstage than do the ‘stellies’. While both increase the reach and impact of bass / midbass, the ‘stellies’ add more warmth: akin to ZMF Atticus vs ZMF Eikon or to Senn HD-650 vs Senn HD-600.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back