Focal Clear headphones
Apr 7, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #12,511 of 12,543
Away from cables and earpads .... another great headphone amplifier match for Focal Clear OG is SparkoS Labs Gemini: a one-tube hybrid VT/SS model.
IMG_7750.jpeg
Tonal balance: ☑️, dynamics: ☑️, detail: ☑️, soundstage: ☑️.

Apr 7, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #12,512 of 12,543
Away from cables and earpads .... another great headphone amplifier match for Focal Clear OG is SparkoS Labs Gemini: a one-tube hybrid VT/SS model. IMG_7750.jpegTonal balance: ☑️, dynamics: ☑️, detail: ☑️, soundstage: ☑️.
Thanks for this @jonathan c ! Just wondering how you would compare this amp to the Violetric amp(s) you have, realizing one is a SS amp, and the other is a hybred amp.

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #12,513 of 12,543
... PM ...

Apr 8, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #12,515 of 12,543
Apr 8, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #12,516 of 12,543
Thanks for the recommendation my duder.

I suppose you're referring to these pads right?
I bought the full fenestrated version of these and I like that the insides are wider than the stock pads though I've found that they can muffle the treble a little bit on pop tracks.

Does anyone know if fenestration on the tops and sides of ear pads (part touching ear and facing outward) affect sound at all or just on the inside? I'm a beginner in this space so I'm still trying to figure things out.

Apr 8, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #12,517 of 12,543
I bought the full fenestrated version of these and I like that the insides are wider than the stock pads though I've found that they can muffle the treble a little bit on pop tracks.

Does anyone know if fenestration on the tops and sides of ear pads (part touching ear and facing outward) affect sound at all or just on the inside? I'm a beginner in this space so I'm still trying to figure things out.
These findinsg in the change in tuning where made on the focal clears or radiance mein fren?

Apr 8, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #12,519 of 12,543
Cracking in one side or both sides. Phones may not have enough power to reveal issues (if there are real issues with the hp). Random or during low frequency bass?

I realized the noise is introduced when the headphones are being driven by a specific laptop I own even if I use fiio k3 and fiio k5 connected to it (specially when I am using a display monitor connected by usb c port). The noise is random and I could hear in both sides.

No noise with my smartphone or when I used fiio k7 to amp the sound from my smartphone

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #12,522 of 12,543
I realized the noise is introduced when the headphones are being driven by a specific laptop I own even if I use fiio k3 and fiio k5 connected to it (specially when I am using a display monitor connected by usb c port). The noise is random and I could hear in both sides.

No noise with my smartphone or when I used fiio k7 to amp the sound from my smartphone
Most likely not defective headphones then, which what we try to determine. :thumbsup:

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #12,523 of 12,543
Thanks for the recommendation my duder.

I suppose you're referring to these pads right?
Yeah, that one. They have that inner fabric rings which are very important for maintaining the original sound signature as much as possible. The perforated version might be your liking too but it might not be 100% match for you Radiant sound wise (perforated vs non-perforated).

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #12,524 of 12,543

Does anyone know if fenestration on the tops and sides of ear pads (part touching ear and facing outward) affect sound at all or just on the inside? I'm a beginner in this space so I'm still trying to figure
Focal Clear use fabric earpads. The earpads you mentioned are leather. It's the difference in material used that change the oem sound signature a little. Going from fabric to leather boosted the low end a little.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #12,525 of 12,543
Yeah, that one. They have that inner fabric rings which are very important for maintaining the original sound signature as much as possible. The perforated version might be your liking too but it might not be 100% match for you Radiant sound wise (perforated vs non-perforated).
Okay, I'm going to buy them and see if they maintain the sound signature of my radiance. Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back