Focal Clear headphones
Apr 23, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #9,451 of 12,543
Cross Post from the MG Thread.
if your are looking for a different tuning of the Clear, try the Dekoni Limited Stellia pads.

You can use the sheepskin or the Limited Stellia pads and you will get rid of the upper mids peak and come closer to a HD650 tonality (even more than with the Clear MG).
Check out this website: Miniklangwunder
Unfortunately in German but the graphs are self explanatory. You have to scroll down a little bit, first part is about Elegia and Celestee.“
Ordered. Lol. I'll report back after I spend a few days with them. Thanks for your post!

Apr 24, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #9,452 of 12,543
Writing style unusual here. Have been puzzled over frequent avoidance of the word "I." Observed this in many audiophile forums. Seems to be a hangover from era of paying for telegrams by the word<g>.

Apr 24, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #9,453 of 12,543
I'm not a graph guy whatsoever. This graph is from the link posted yesterday regarding the Dekoni Limited Stellia pads. This is the DLS pads on the Clear vs stock. Can anyone explain this graph? My interpretation is more bass and more treble. Maybe a V shape? Idk?
Clear_Dekoni.jpg

Apr 24, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #9,455 of 12,543
I'm not a graph guy whatsoever. This graph is from the link posted yesterday regarding the Dekoni Limited Stellia pads. This is the DLS pads on the Clear vs stock. Can anyone explain this graph? My interpretation is more bass and more treble. Maybe a V shape? Idk?
Clear_Dekoni.jpg
Comparing frequency graphs is all about the point at which you overlay them. If these were joined anywhere between 0 to 800hz then compared to stock the Dekonis take away some of the 1 to 2kHz hump, and slightly attenuate the mids. Pretty similar everywhere else.

Apr 24, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #9,457 of 12,543
Whats everyones take on EQ:ing the Clear? Or do you prefer stock? I'd like something a little more laid back.
PEQ PEQ PEQ

I just use the bass shelf filters (1 & 2) from Amirm ASR Clear PEQ. You could use the full ASR Clear PEQ or the AutoEQ Clear oratory1990 preset. Or just some of the bands to your preference.

For HD800 and LCD2C I use the full PEQ presets from AutoEQ oratory1990. My early s/n Clear with worn pads is already smooth enough up top, I guess.

Check links under my profile too.

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #9,458 of 12,543
Apologize if this question has been answered earlier.
I'm waiting on Amps/Dacs. In meantime want to listen to new Clear MG through Iphone 8 plus lightning port.
Already have a lightning to 6.5 mm (1/8 inch female adapter). MG has 1)XLR balanced cable and 2)1/4 "" (larger) head phone jack. So as is, have a 1/8 " female on Iphone and 1/4" from clear MG. In MG contents list refers to 1/8"female to 1/4" male adapter. Unfortunately, no adapters found.

So I need 1/4" female to 1/8" male adapter. Plug in the Focal MG to the 1/4" female side, plug in the 1/8 male side into existing 1/8" female adapter.
So far have made 2 incorrect purchases. First ordered lightning to 1/8" (already had on on hand). Second ordered Best Buy 1/8" female to 1/4" male (opposite of what i need)

Not sure if the 1/4" Focal Jack is proprietary. I found some on Amazon. Googled and can't seem to find a lightning to 1/4 inch adapter for the life of me.
Anyway, assuming i finally understand what I need and Amazon 1/4" female to 1/8" male adapter is way to go, will have klugey set up with 2 adapters in between Iphone and Focal MG.

Before I make another wrong purchase, wanted to check with experts on this forum.

Thanks

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #9,459 of 12,543
Apologize if this question has been answered earlier.
I'm waiting on Amps/Dacs. In meantime want to listen to new Clear MG through Iphone 8 plus lightning port.
Already have a lightning to 6.5 mm (1/8 inch female adapter). MG has 1)XLR balanced cable and 2)1/4 "" (larger) head phone jack. So as is, have a 1/8 " female on Iphone and 1/4" from clear MG. In MG contents list refers to 1/8"female to 1/4" male adapter. Unfortunately, no adapters found.

So I need 1/4" female to 1/8" male adapter. Plug in the Focal MG to the 1/4" female side, plug in the 1/8 male side into existing 1/8" female adapter.
So far have made 2 incorrect purchases. First ordered lightning to 1/8" (already had on on hand). Second ordered Best Buy 1/8" female to 1/4" male (opposite of what i need)

Not sure if the 1/4" Focal Jack is proprietary. I found some on Amazon. Googled and can't seem to find a lightning to 1/4 inch adapter for the life of me.
Anyway, assuming i finally understand what I need and Amazon 1/4" female to 1/8" male adapter is way to go, will have klugey set up with 2 adapters in between Iphone and Focal MG.

Before I make another wrong purchase, wanted to check with experts on this forum.

Thanks
You'll need this.
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightn...1&keywords=dongle+apple&qid=1619369248&sr=8-1

And one of these .
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-3-...ocphy=9006270&hvtargid=pla-308115207089&psc=1

Are you certain that one of your cables doesn't already have a 6.5mm" terminal that unscrews and has a 3.5mm? I'm pretty sure the OG clear have that.

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #9,461 of 12,543
You'll need this.
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightn...1&keywords=dongle+apple&qid=1619369248&sr=8-1

And one of these .
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-3-...ocphy=9006270&hvtargid=pla-308115207089&psc=1

Are you certain that one of your cables doesn't already have a 6.5mm" terminal that unscrews and has a 3.5mm? I'm pretty sure the OG clear have that.
That was it. Unscrewed the 1/4 and 1/8 appeared. Thanks for helping a newbie DFU! Fits the lightning adapter- good to go.

May 1, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #9,465 of 12,543
Clear_Dekoni.jpg
Stellia pads cause too much warmth or thickness to sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back