Focal Clear headphones
Aug 9, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #7,698 of 12,550
Seller has a zero rating. Stay away

Aug 9, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #7,701 of 12,550
When I owned the Clear I tried dekoni elite fenestrated leather pads. The biggest improvement was in the bass quantity and slam. However the treble had a glare to it and some songs sounded harsh. I know dekoni sells a solid velour pad for focal but I think they should offer a perforated velour pad which would better suit the Clear's sound signature.

Aug 9, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #7,702 of 12,550
I will second the Clear's ability to do bass better than any headphone I have had has caused me to go back and listen to a lot of my music again especially Radiohead.
I can tell within the first 40 seconds of 'Everything in its right place' whether a pair of headphones and I are going to get along. Clear + Arche are a perfect match for Radiohead.

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #7,706 of 12,550
For onwers of the Clear, do they change sound, improve (burn in) after playing for so many hours? I have about 15 hours on them and they sound great. I was wondering if they can still improve with burn in?
Focal advise about 40/45 hours of burn in. I did most of it in my ears. They still sound awesome. For me the treble smoothed out with more hours but nothing game changing as I loved them out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back