Focal Clear headphones
Nov 12, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #496 of 12,543
You are right, but what about Elear with Clear Pad on the Left, and Elear pad on the right ? Can I have Utopia sound out of it ?

Clear has amazing appearance though, and that alone would be worth it, even if it was possible to swap Elear pads with Utopia pads and get similar result where you can not tell, let’s assume, the differences between Elear and Clear. Did Focal already mention that the voice-coil structure is different on the Clear vs Elear ?

Hahahaha did you just have an epiphany???dude that is funny :)

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Nov 12, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #497 of 12,543
Help me out here guys, I’m not getting it. That review at the end seems to back off of what he said. Doesn’t strike me as a good review. Sorry I’m not bashing the reviewer it just seems weak ...well more or less anyway

That’s not a review, too weak even for initial impressions IMHO, with a few contradictions, yes.
1st sentence says more about the reviewer than the cable itself.

My 2 cents

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #498 of 12,543
I, for one, could care less what other people’s impressions are about the Clear (or any other headphones for that matter]. It makes me chuckle when I read about people waiting on pins and needles for someone else to say what they think is good or not good.

The only way to really know if you like them is to listen yourself. It’s just too personal a decision to rely on random people and so-called experts. There are plenty of options to give them a listen without committing, whether that be a local dealer or an online vendor who has a decent return policy.

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #502 of 12,543
I, for one, could care less what other people’s impressions are about the Clear (or any other headphones for that matter]. It makes me chuckle when I read about people waiting on pins and needles for someone else to say what they think is good or not good.
upload_2017-11-12_16-15-44.jpeg

But that's part of the headphone forum Bible, is it not?

BTW thank you.

HAHAHAHAHEEEEHAWWW!!!!

Buy the Clear. If no good return. Buy something else. If that no good return that. Repeat until happy.

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #506 of 12,543
IMO this is ****ty. Do research and try to narrow it down, then buy and if you're not happy sell, not return.
Nothing wrong with buying and returning (if you’re not happy) if the vendor has a policy that allows returns.

This comes down to personal, really. IMO, the US has this policy and people is supposed to do their homework before buying and then returning. However, just like many things, people abuse it.

Do you know why there are Demo ? Do you know why there are Display units? Or even a room for audition?

Now, lets put it all side, and talk about integrity. Every and each one of us, grown up people, do play a role in this society. Regardless of your profession, you contribute toward the society, and toward something. Headphones and every other products are the result of this, and so, one is supposed to respect it, respect the people and most importantly yourself. You just don't make a cookie, someone walk by it and took a bite then return the whole box to you because the Law permit it. See? This is where I think the new generation in the US is very Irresponsible and entitled, very spoiled and selfish

IMO, I am with people who pay respect, have integrity, do their homework, and buy something, if not, turn around and sell it.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #507 of 12,543
This comes down to personal, really. IMO, the US has this policy and people is supposed to do their homework before buying and then returning. However, just like many things, people abuse it.

Do you know why there are Demo ? Do you know why there are Display units? Or even a room for audition?

Now, lets put it all side, and talk about integrity. Every and each one of us, grown up people, do play a role in this society. Regardless of your profession, you contribute toward the society, and toward something. Headphones and every other products are the result of this, and so, one is supposed to respect it, respect the people and most importantly yourself. You just don't make a cookie, someone walk by it and took a bite then return the whole box to you because the Law permit it. See? This is where I think the new generation in the US is very Irresponsible and entitled, very spoiled and selfish

IMO, I am with people who pay respect, have integrity, do their homework, and buy something, if not, turn around and sell it.

I fail to see how buying and returning a product is an integrity issue. If a vendor has the policy, how is using it wrong? I don’t purchase with the intent of returning. If I don’t have a local place to demo, then my options are more limited. Crutchfield, Headphones.com, etc. have policies that give the buyer options if they need them. Research is great, but we’re talking about something pretty subjective.

My original point was simply that relying on your own opinion has far more relevance and value than relying on people who don’t have your ears.

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #508 of 12,543
Really? Then your issue is with Amazon, not the American public. Once they started no restock fee and easier returns, many other big retailers had to change. It's called competition. Do not blame people for taking advantage of what's offered. However, even Amazon has a limit and if they think you're taking too much advantage, you'll eventually get banned.

FYI, Nordstrom has had this policy for even longer than Amazon.

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #509 of 12,543
I fail to see how buying and returning a product is an integrity issue. If a vendor has the policy, how is using it wrong? I don’t purchase with the intent of returning. If I don’t have a local place to demo, then my options are more limited. Crutchfield, Headphones.com, etc. have policies that give the buyer options if they need them. Research is great, but we’re talking about something pretty subjective.

My original point was simply that relying on your own opinion has far more relevance and value than relying on people who don’t have your ears.

Agree 100%. As long as it's returned within the period stated and in resalable condition, there is nothing immoral about returning something you can't use.

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #510 of 12,543
You just don't make a cookie, someone walk by it and took a bite then return the whole box to you because the Law permit it. See? This is where I think the new generation in the US is very Irresponsible and entitled, very spoiled and selfish.
OK deal, if I take a bit out of my headphones I have to keep them.

Jesus...

It has nothing to do with a "new generation". People of all ages are paying about 500% more for a flagship headphone now then they were 15 years ago. Also, there are hardly any places to go demo them. Given that, who in their right mind would pay an enormous amount of money for something "unknown" without the option of returning it if it sucks? Hell, they can sell an open box and still make 400% profit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back