Focal Clear headphones
Nov 9, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #421 of 12,543
Hahahahahaahahaha. Yes I work, I start at 9, get up at 6, and run my own business so I have a little freedom.

I left that corporte life 3 and a bit years ago now, I realised that having a life+money was more important than a job title that paid me less anyway in the long term.

Gives me more time with my family and allows me to google a lot hahaha.

So you decided to go with the offer from the Texas dealer?

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Nov 9, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #422 of 12,543
I was going to say.... From your complaints, it sounded like you had too much freedom. Usually means jobless.:) I'm at work and on here and google all day everyday. But, I'm paid for it

I have been pretty busy, these are the first comments I’ve made here in about 3, 4 days now? I think apart from my comment yesterday regarding a review.

I’m not here all the time and it doesn’t take long to make a few comments and replies on a forum lol. Can also access it from your mobile so when your in between appointments etc.

I’m not sure how making comments on the internet from time to time makes you jobless, I mean I’m only classified as a 100+ headfier not 500+ like yourself hahaha. Never been unemployed in my life, started working when I was 15 on school holidays for extra cash, I’d go into some of my history but this isnkt really the forum for that, suffice to say one of my favourite companies to work at was RedBull as an Marketing Manager :) I’ve been around mate.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #423 of 12,543
I have been pretty busy, these are the first comments I’ve made here in about 3, 4 days now? I think apart from my comment yesterday regarding a review.

I’m not here all the time and it doesn’t take long to make a few comments and replies on a forum lol. Can also access it from your mobile so when your in between appointments etc.

I’m not sure how making comments on the internet from time to time makes you jobless, I mean I’m only classified as a 100+ headfier not 500+ like yourself hahaha. Never been unemployed in my life, started working when I was 15 on school holidays for extra cash, I’d go into some of my history but this isnkt really the forum for that, suffice to say one of my favourite companies to work at was RedBull as an Marketing Manager :) I’ve been around mate.
Dude, it was a harmless joke :) you know, an el oh el. I only made the comment about jobless to be funny... in response to your rant about checking about new reviews. I do the same thing honeslty.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #426 of 12,543
Dude, it was a harmless joke :) you know, an el oh el. I only made the comment about jobless to be funny... in response to your rant about checking about new reviews. I do the same thing honeslty.

Anything top your Z1R? I remember the joy and pics you shared when you got em lol. ANything (strictly headphones ofc :p) give you more joy since then? I enjoy your knowledge since you have that mix of audiophile/basshead knowledge from past

100313_be_enlightened.gif

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #427 of 12,543

Yeh I know it was harmless, it’s fine, no offense taken was only giving a little background about myself. I figure if your on here and meet a lot a people all the time it doesn’t hurt for people to get to know you a little bit. All good.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #428 of 12,543
Anything top your Z1R? I remember the joy and pics you shared when you got em lol. ANything (strictly headphones ofc :p) give you more joy since then? I enjoy your knowledge since you have that mix of audiophile/basshead knowledge from past

100313_be_enlightened.gif
I'm getting the Focal Clear soon. I sold the Z1R. They were nice at first... got tired of them. I liked the ELEAR a lot more than the Sony. My style of music is changing to more vocal-like than bass heavy. The Focal sounded much nicer with the Forward vocals.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #429 of 12,543
Yeh I know it was harmless, it’s fine, no offense taken was only giving a little background about myself. I figure if your on here and meet a lot a people all the time it doesn’t hurt for people to get to know you a little bit. All good.
Sounds good brother, I guess you're right.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #430 of 12,543

Your marketing background probably shields you from the marketing mumbo jumbo on here. "Real fruit juice"

Mango-Passion-Fruit-Lassi.gif

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #431 of 12,543
I'm getting the Focal Clear soon. I sold the Z1R. They were nice at first... got tired of them. I liked the ELEAR a lot more than the Sony. My style of music is changing to more vocal-like than bass heavy. The Focal sounded much nicer with the Forward vocals.

Thanks for the feedback. Although i have listened to more genres, i still can't shake off the hip hop/90s dance from my youth (90s kid here). But i got into all sorts of weird genres after getting "neutral headphones" lol

*sry 4 double post

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #432 of 12,543
No actually, Pre ordered from here, was told they have stock coming in soon and should be here next week or the one after at the latest.

Good decision. Buying from where you live really does insure you a good experience if service is needed

Last edited:
The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Nov 9, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #433 of 12,543
Thanks for the feedback. Although i have listened to more genres, i still can't shake off the hip hop/90s dance from my youth (90s kid here). But i got into all sorts of weird genres after getting "neutral headphones" lol

*sry 4 double post
I think the CLEAR will give me bass that I always need, and give me nice clean treble and a nice midrange. Once I get these suckers I'll post my impressions on here.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #434 of 12,543
I think the CLEAR will give me bass that I always need, and give me nice clean treble and a nice midrange. Once I get these suckers I'll post my impressions on here.

Awesome, thanks bro. Did you hear Utopia as well? The bass on those surprised me. Its insanely fast and detailed, kind of overwhelmed by brain. I didn't leave it thinking i needed more bass on it. I think if the Utopia was limited to like 100 units, people would say different things. Because, and relatively speaking, its somewhat obtainable, its downplayed a bit IMO. Its not my favorite signature, prefer HifimanHEKv2 when compared. But man, for dynamics, whew! Seems Clear probably slowed down a bit, so as not to cause more mental illness from details. I 'm kidding to a degree, . I felt like a changed man after hearing it /

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #435 of 12,543
Awesome, thanks bro. Did you hear Utopia as well? The bass on those surprised me. Its insanely fast and detailed, kind of overwhelmed by brain. I didn't leave it thinking i needed more bass on it. I think if the Utopia was limited to like 100 units, people would say different things. Because, and relatively speaking, its somewhat obtainable, its downplayed a bit IMO. Its not my favorite signature, prefer HifimanHEKv2 when compared. But man, for dynamics, whew! Seems Clear probably slowed down a bit, so as not to cause more mental illness from details. I 'm kidding to a degree, . I felt like a changed man after hearing it /
Yes, I heard it at Canjam. And I absolutely loved that headphone. I was close to jumping on it this week, but, I settling on the CLEAR first... And If it's not up to my standard ( I think it will surpass it! ) I will get the Utopia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back