Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Sep 6, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #1,307 of 1,720
But yes now that you mention it, there is one volume level step in the middle'ish that has that too low too high feeling
That’s it, that’s the problem. It’s almost like it’s missing a step in there

I have tinnitus so really don’t want to make it worse. Therefore I tend to listen at lower volumes but that lower step is too low that I can’t really hear the music :frowning2:

Sep 7, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #1,316 of 1,720
Coming from HD800 driven by La Figaro 339...which to me is my somewhat end-state as I don't want to tempt myself with anything beyond that.

Picked up the Bathys for ~900 CAD and my god are these wonderful for the portability, price, and sq you get.

They are obviously different than my HD800 but being able to plug them into my phone via DAC mode to get such nice sq right away is such a blessing.
While I do enjoy my HD800 they are not very portable and I feel can be picky with source and amp.

I find myself being lazy when it comes to using the HD800's since I have to let my amp warm-up and setup everything else before I actually get to using it.
With the Bathys I can either turn them on or plug in the usb-c cable and i'm good-to-go.

Sep 7, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #1,317 of 1,720
Coming from HD800 driven by La Figaro 339...which to me is my somewhat end-state as I don't want to tempt myself with anything beyond that.

Picked up the Bathys for ~900 CAD and my god are these wonderful for the portability, price, and sq you get.

They are obviously different than my HD800 but being able to plug them into my phone via DAC mode to get such nice sq right away is such a blessing.
While I do enjoy my HD800 they are not very portable and I feel can be picky with source and amp.

I find myself being lazy when it comes to using the HD800's since I have to let my amp warm-up and setup everything else before I actually get to using it.
With the Bathys I can either turn them on or plug in the usb-c cable and i'm good-to-go.
Bathys to me are the ultimate catch all headphone for that reason. For someone getting into the hobby, or just someone who doesn't care too much about getting absolute top sound, Bathys offer a hifi experience and a portable experience rolled into one.

They still sound better overall than an Elegia plugged in imo, and just a few years ago that was one of the best closed backs full stop under £1000.

Sep 7, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #1,318 of 1,720
Bathys to me are the ultimate catch all headphone for that reason. For someone getting into the hobby, or just someone who doesn't care too much about getting absolute top sound, Bathys offer a hifi experience and a portable experience rolled into one.

They still sound better overall than an Elegia plugged in imo, and just a few years ago that was one of the best closed backs full stop under £1000.
That is very very true haha.

I had my girlfriend listen to my HD800's in the past and she practically had no reaction aside from gawking at all the equipment needed.

I let her use the Bathys last night hooked up to her phone and her music and her session lasted more than an hour and she ended off with "These sound really good"...which is a win-win to me unless she decides to take them away from me.

Sep 7, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #1,319 of 1,720
If you don't need ANCs and you're ok with passive noise canceling, I would seriously take a look at the Audeze Maxwells. They're incredible and I've been using them as my daily drivers over the Bathys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back