Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Sep 17, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #1,336 of 1,722
An odd one here - and bear with me as only got my headphones yesterday - all works fine with my Astell SR25 using AptX and the headphone jack but the minute plug in the USB C cable it works but I cant alter the volume - either via the headphones buttons or the SR25 - Is it a bug or am I missing something obvious ?
I don't own any daps, but pretty sure someone wrote about the same issue with a dap, somewhere in headfi thread

Sep 17, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #1,337 of 1,722
An odd one here - and bear with me as only got my headphones yesterday - all works fine with my Astell SR25 using AptX and the headphone jack but the minute plug in the USB C cable it works but I cant alter the volume - either via the headphones buttons or the SR25 - Is it a bug or am I missing something obvious ?
It has to do with how DAPs handover USB control. Don't function the same as with phones. Typically volume and other functions are disabled when using USB out on most DAPs. It's not an issue with either one of your devices

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #1,341 of 1,722
Anyone using a headband cover on their Bathys? I got the Dune colorway in, and the microfiber/suede headband is just asking to absorb all the dirt/oil in sight. Also, I had a bit of a hotspot issue with the OG Bathys headband after some time, so hopefully a cover will alleviate that slightly.

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #1,342 of 1,722
Anyone using a headband cover on their Bathys? I got the Dune colorway in, and the microfiber/suede headband is just asking to absorb all the dirt/oil in sight. Also, I had a bit of a hotspot issue with the OG Bathys headband after some time, so hopefully a cover will alleviate that slightly.
I'm looking to buy one. Haven't found the one I want yet

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #1,343 of 1,722
Do these still have the issue when ran wirelessly on iPhones where the volume jumps up in fairly big increments (which was the case when I tried these back when they were first released) or have Focal increased the number of volume steps through a firmware update?

Sep 19, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #1,349 of 1,722
I would love to hear what you think. Thank you
Just got 5/7 of the headbands in from Amazon. This one fits and looks the best by far:
Amazon link to Bathys Headband Cover

Looks like they got a color that matches the OG black Bathys and the Dune! Heres how it fits:
IMG_6170.JPG

Sep 19, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #1,350 of 1,722
Just got 5/7 of the headbands in from Amazon. This one fits and looks the best by far:
Amazon link to Bathys Headband Cover

Looks like they got a color that matches the OG black Bathys and the Dune! Heres how it fits:
IMG_6170.JPG
They look decent and the fit seems good, I might have to order one. Thank you for that, really appreciate this. That will definitely extend the life of the original headband

Users who are viewing this thread

Back