Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Dec 15, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #871 of 1,719
I have all the Anker cables but not the one you linked. I have the series 3, series 5 and series 7.
They don't tangle like in the photo but do not find them pliable and easy to use.
Just get those specific ones - I'm using them religiously with my Bathys and all my other USB-C devices. They are the most pliable, flexible, soft cables I've ever used.

Dec 15, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #872 of 1,719
Hi guys, I will buy/get the Bathys soon. As I am an iPhone user (and sound ist top priority to me), I will most likely use the Bathys with either the USB cable OR the 3.5mm cable (with the Questyle M15 dongle). That being said, did you guys hear any difference between those two (wired) options? (USB vs. with a good dongle) ??

Just use them for BT and don't get so hung up on getting them wired for the best audio quality. The BT music sounds fantastic as it is and if you're able to dock yourself at a desk for any extended amount of time, then sure, use the USB-C as the sound improvements were noticeable. Avoid the 3.5mm unless absolutely necessary as they sound the worst of the three options.

Dec 16, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #873 of 1,719
Also the constant connecting and disconnecting beeping and booping noise during phone calls is absolutely infuriating!

Dec 16, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #874 of 1,719
Just use them for BT and don't get so hung up on getting them wired for the best audio quality. The BT music sounds fantastic as it is and if you're able to dock yourself at a desk for any extended amount of time, then sure, use the USB-C as the sound improvements were noticeable. Avoid the 3.5mm unless absolutely necessary as they sound the worst of the three options.
I agree, they sound fabulous over Bluetooth

Dec 16, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #876 of 1,719
for anyone having issues with volume control of the bathys (and other devices with ios). Try out Volume Control Pro. It's a free program and works great with the bathys.

Dec 16, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #877 of 1,719
Is it me or does this headphone name look like a bath as in scrub, scrub?

Strange name.
Let me take a wild guess. You are American, right? Focal is French, hence the cryptic name.

Bathys comes from the word “bathyscaphe”, the first submarine exploration vehicle. The embodiment of calm, depth and absolute silence, this vessel is the inspiration behind the name of Focal's very first headphones with active noise reduction.

Dec 17, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #879 of 1,719
Received my pair today and I must say I'm quite impressed, they're really great! However, I've noticed that when listening to bass heavy music over 70% volume the Bathys can't keep up and starts to crackle? I suppose it's due to the sensible mics but I've never heard this on any other pair of Bluetooth headphones, and it doesn't sound like the usual Focal clipping either. I'd like to know if this is normal or if my unit is defective.

Dec 17, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #880 of 1,719
Received my pair today and I must say I'm quite impressed, they're really great! However, I've noticed that when listening to bass heavy music over 70% volume the Bathys can't keep up and starts to crackle? I suppose it's due to the sensible mics but I've never heard this on any other pair of Bluetooth headphones, and it doesn't sound like the usual Focal clipping either. I'd like to know if this is normal or if my unit is defective.
any songs you test this with? 70% of volume on ios for example is technically already too loud for your ears. Haven't had any issues with mine on normal listening volumes.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #881 of 1,719
any songs you test this with? 70% of volume on ios for example is technically already too loud for your ears. Haven't had any issues with mine on normal listening volumes.
Oh I'm aware that it's too loud, it's just that I find it weird it happens at all when that wasn't an issue on any ANC pair of headphones nor any Focal pairs I've owned. Any EDM song with deep rumbling bass does it for me. I've also tested on songs with high highs and it happened too, albeit to a lesser degree. I guess it just can't handle high volumes at all, but I'd still like to know if that's normal behavior or not.

Dec 17, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #882 of 1,719
Oh I'm aware that it's too loud, it's just that I find it weird it happens at all when that wasn't an issue on any ANC pair of headphones nor any Focal pairs I've owned. Any EDM song with deep rumbling bass does it for me. I've also tested on songs with high highs and it happened too, albeit to a lesser degree. I guess it just can't handle high volumes at all, but I'd still like to know if that's normal behavior or not.
Can’t say I’ve noticed it myself, but if you’ve got any specific tracks I can try, then I can test for you.

Dec 18, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #883 of 1,719
Can’t say I’ve noticed it myself, but if you’ve got any specific tracks I can try, then I can test for you.
The easiest song to make it do this is probably Ephemeral by Geoxor, but like I said it happens on pretty much all bassy songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back