Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Mar 1, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #797 of 1,708
Hi all,

New to the forum, and new Bathys owner.
I need some support on the wired option. When I connect the usb cable to my android phone and the Bathys (in DAC mode), I get confirmation the phones are connected, but no sound?

Anyone else having these issues who got it fixed?
Are you certain your usb-cable can be used for audio? Same happened to me, changed cable and everything worked.

Mar 1, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #799 of 1,708
Mar 1, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #801 of 1,708
how bathys compared to radiance or stellia in sound quality without EQ ,soundstage and details? what im rread bass is best on bathys.
I've heard none of these headphones, but I have always found it hard to simply describe nuances of SQ or sound signature with "best". I sometimes wish there was a "best" within this hobby, but then realize that having options and different sets of cans for different types of music or just a choice is what works best for me. Good luck chasing, sorry about your wallet :)

Mar 1, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #802 of 1,708
how bathys compared to radiance or stellia in sound quality without EQ ,soundstage and details? what im rread bass is best on bathys.
I’ve owned Bathys, and still own the Radiance. I can say the Bathys is not on the same level as Radiance. You have to take into account that Bathys’ drivers are a somewhat downsized version of the M-Shaped driver and the Bathys is also under constant DSP. Compare that to a well powered (meaning good amp, good DAC and good source files) Radiance and it’s not even close.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents.

Mar 2, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #803 of 1,708
I’ve owned Bathys, and still own the Radiance. I can say the Bathys is not on the same level as Radiance. You have to take into account that Bathys’ drivers are a somewhat downsized version of the M-Shaped driver and the Bathys is also under constant DSP. Compare that to a well powered (meaning good amp, good DAC and good source files) Radiance and it’s not even close.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents.
i cant find bathys curve from crinacles,but stellia vs radiance curves shows that stellia is dark sound? i have bathys and beyerdynamic aventho, can i ask what curve sound tone is my aventho? aventho sounds more brigter,more details,with better mids,and same bass compared to bathys, bathys is darker with good bass . no equalized. does stellia is darker vs radiance? and radiance will be similar to aventho by sound?

Attachments

• Radiance-768x352.jpg
    Radiance-768x352.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Stellia.jpg
    Stellia.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Aventho-Wireless.jpg
    Aventho-Wireless.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #804 of 1,708
I just got these in and was wondering if anyone else had signal drops from Bluetooth? After some 20 minutes of listening I had some stutters where the sound, welll, stuttered, seemed to come back at a lower resolution and then picked itself up again.

Mar 4, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #807 of 1,708
what a problem? 62hz shows in my iphone app. does focal app EQ settings works only when listem music via bluetooth and connected to app. when bathys connected wired to amp App EQ aettings not works?

Attachments

• F99C7615-6E43-471A-9573-C102AECADD76.png
    F99C7615-6E43-471A-9573-C102AECADD76.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #808 of 1,708
now im burning my focal bathys :gs1000smile:,after 15hours 'burn' bathys became a bit brighter and more relaxed sound,out of box was a bit muddy . more think to buy radiance or stellia ? im tried at local shop celestee,radiance,stellia. all 3 has bigger soundstage and all 3 far better sounds vs bathys. but bathys for travel way better option. wired for home use only.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #809 of 1,708
... more think to buy radiance or stellia ? im tried at local shop celestee,radiance,stellia. all 3 has bigger soundstage and all 3 far better sounds vs bathys. but bathys for travel way better option. wired for home use only.
That's the whole point the Bathys. Travel or running around. Compared to other Focal Headphones, they're smaller. I find them, while using BT, to have a similar sound to the Stellia with the FiiO K9 Pro ESS. I find it enjoyable experience. I don't find the earpads don't breathe well on me and after a few hours I tend to be sweaty. I'm not fatigued or sore by them.

I haven't worn them outside the home other than going to the front desk/security; I'm not leaving the building. I don't trust the area not to get robbed. I don't think most people would know the Focal brand and the cost.

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #810 of 1,708
That's the whole point the Bathys. Travel or running around. Compared to other Focal Headphones, they're smaller. I find them, while using BT, to have a similar sound to the Stellia with the FiiO K9 Pro ESS. I find it enjoyable experience. I don't find the earpads don't breathe well on me and after a few hours I tend to be sweaty. I'm not fatigued or sore by them.

I haven't worn them outside the home other than going to the front desk/security; I'm not leaving the building. I don't trust the area not to get robbed. I don't think most people would know the Focal brand and the cost.
bluetooth or wired connected bathys cant be similar to stellia.as im wrote all three focals celestee radiance stellia is far better vs bathys.

Stellia-my exclusive listening sessions and will have more input at that time. If you are looking for a excellent closed back and can afford the cost.. I listen to all genres and these headphones put there stamp on all of them. The bass is handled excellently with punch and clarity, my reggae tracks are much clearer and less muddy in the Stellia’s and the details are exactly. The highs, lows and mids sound equal with no mudding, which I’ve been looking for years. Clarity will cost you a good penny but if your ready and want a closed back go to, the Stellia’s are a good investment especially if you can get a discount.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back