Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Nov 10, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #1,444 of 1,739
yup, the first one that you create is impossible to delete
Intersting. With this recent update, my eq was deleted, so I had to create another one.

Nov 11, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #1,445 of 1,739
After doing the firmware update, I was doing some listening in a very quiet room and the hiss with Bluetooth and DAC mode is (still) terrible, both in soft and silent. I'm susceptible to fatigue and was wondering why they were fatiguing me almost instantly.

Can anyone else hear the hiss at all? I'm wondering if it's my unit.

Nov 11, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #1,446 of 1,739
After doing the firmware update, I was doing some listening in a very quiet room and the hiss with Bluetooth and DAC mode is (still) terrible, both in soft and silent. I'm susceptible to fatigue and was wondering why they were fatiguing me almost instantly.

Can anyone else hear the hiss at all? I'm wondering if it's my unit.
All modes have hiss on the Bathys, it is just a bit less in soft mode. My understanding is that it is a byproduct of the ANC and ANC is always on.

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #1,447 of 1,739
All modes have hiss on the Bathys, it is just a bit less in soft mode. My understanding is that it is a byproduct of the ANC and ANC is always on.
ANC degrades sound quality because of the technology and there is no way around it. Wireless headphones will only improve with the elimination of Bluetooth and the adoption of actual wireless tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back