Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Sep 19, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #1,367 of 1,718
Oh yeah the difference is significant, according to the test I struggle with high pitch sounds. Loved the test reminded of Alien movie with those beeps increasing and decreasing
Same for me, I'm now hearing instruments in higher pitches that were hidden previously. It's cool that you can change it in real time so you know you're not imagining the improvement.

Sep 19, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #1,369 of 1,718
The mimi update probably works wonders for some and is a small or insignificant update for others. Young people probably go "What is all the fuzz about?" while people with reduced hearing love it. For me it made the headphones a bit brighter but also more fatiguing so not really a killer feature for me.

One big issue with doing that kind of EQ is that there will be a bigger gap between hearing a acoustic instrument live without amps vs listening to recorded music as your hearing isn't "calibrated" in real life.
Our ears will be „calibrated“ in real life if we manage to live long enough 😜

Sep 19, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #1,372 of 1,718
If anyone is looking for a good headband cover for their Bathys, look no further. Just got this one in from amazon and they offer colorways that match both the OG colroway Bathys and the Dune: Amazon Link for Bathys Headband Cover

Here's how the light colorway looks on my new Dunes. Even fixed the slight hotspot issue I got on the top of my head without the cover.
IMG_6170.JPG

Sep 19, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #1,373 of 1,718
Hi everyone.

I’m thinking of getting a pair of Focal Bathys, and would like to know if they’re useable with glasses on,

and also, is the anc affected while walking / commuting.

I had a pair of Master Dynamic MW65 and walking with those did something weird with the ANC.

Sep 19, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #1,374 of 1,718
Hi everyone.

I’m thinking of getting a pair of Focal Bathys, and would like to know if they’re useable with glasses on,

I had a pair of Master Dynamic MW65 and walking with those did something weird with the ANC.
While an excellent option from a sound perspective. ANC is definitely second class with these. They are also heavier and flashier wearing outside. Sony is much better as a commuting option. But I’m sure others have a viewpoint about this

Sep 19, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #1,375 of 1,718
Hi everyone.

I agree they're not the best for walking - strange thudding sound comes from your footsteps which is a bit disconcerting. For me the ANC is fine though, not as good as Sony but not bad at all.

If you decide against Bathys, I wouldn't opt or Sony personally. PX8 is a great commuter headphone and in a different league to Sony in terms of sound quality.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #1,376 of 1,718
The new colorway reminds me of a (very) used luxury car interior.

Sep 19, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #1,378 of 1,718
You can never go wrong with black in my opinion. I've bought headphones in beige/cream before and always tend to regret it after a while.
If I do pick up a pair I'm gonna read up on how easy it is to change the batteries, earpads, etc.

Sep 19, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #1,380 of 1,718
I agree they're not the best for walking - strange thudding sound comes from your footsteps which is a bit disconcerting. For me the ANC is fine though, not as good as Sony but not bad at all.

If you decide against Bathys, I wouldn't opty or Sony personally. PX8 is a great commuter headphone and in a different league to Sony in terms of sound quality.
Sony can be pushed with the eq app to get them quite good but I’m sure px8 have much better sound. This area will get better in the next years I’m sure as more options come to light

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back