Florida Headphone Addicts
Jun 18, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #166 of 242
I've read in audioasylum some posts indicating the Toshiba can clip with recordings nearing 0dB, but I haven't been able to notice this, I'm just not sure how loudly recorded are the recordings I listen to. Haven't heard anything strange though, on the contrary mine sounded very nice out of the box, and the mods just made it better. The mods might eliminate the potential clipping issue, but not totally sure about that.

(Right now writting from Bloomington, IN, that's why I have been mostly disconnected the last 2 days)

Jun 18, 2004 at 3:10 AM Post #167 of 242
Lets not take this thread off topic but Raul : a recording nearing 0 db should technically be the best choice because it really should eliminate clipping. Clipping occurs when the signal level is higher than the maximum power draw of the amp...

Or are we talking about different things...

Jun 18, 2004 at 7:48 AM Post #168 of 242
well, i sent a further (but perhaps less coherent) explaination of the tosh problem to raul. for those who were interested, i can forward you a copy. just pm me with a request. sorry about the off topicness. so what kind of food do you guys usually eat/bring at these things anyways?

Jun 19, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #169 of 242
If anyone plans on attending the meet from South Florida and would like a ride up and back on Saturday, let me know by pm or e-mail. I plan on leaving Davie, FL at around 6am or so.

Jun 20, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #170 of 242
Guru..

I guess it is time to start with the organizational efforts, as I guess we almost have had all of our attendees respond to this thread already..

We need to organize and decide who brings what equipment, to eliminate duplicity of gear beyond what is necessary.. I guess a few people's gear might have changed from the last time we made a list of the equipment. If we get a final list ready, maybe we all can have a better idea of what to expect, come this weekend.

Just a small doubt, is everyone planning to bring just the equipment, or is anyone bringing some good music too??
wink.gif
I don't have too much to offer, but those of you having hundreds of CDs, please bring the best and reference recordings too..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 10:22 PM Post #171 of 242
I don't have any reference recordings, but I will bring a bunch of cd's. I have mixture of jazz and rock, with a couple of classical. Hundreds I don't have, but I will bring 20 or so. I know screwdriver has some reference recording that he may be bringing

Jun 21, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #172 of 242
Does anyone bring a good vinyl-based system to the meet?? Having been caught in a cross-fire between "kartik" and "markl" about the pros-and-cons of analog Vs digital systems, I am sort of interested in hearing what a good vinyl-based system sounds like...

Any possibility that someone could bring at least a 'loaner' vinyl system to the meet??

Jun 22, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #174 of 242
I wonder what you guys would do to me if I were to say

[size=x-large]THE MEET IS CANCELLED!!![/size]

Id probably not get anything to eat and I may have to sit in a corner and watch the proceedings
frown.gif

dunce.jpg

Gah...not worth it...

I will be sending everyone emails and PM's with the driving directions, addresses, telephone numbers etc. tomorrow...please standby...the countdown has begun...
cool.gif

Jun 22, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #175 of 242
Guru, could you please send Bill's address and phone number to me via PM. I've been trying to get ahold of you but with no luck. I thought you lived at head-fi! Where are you, dude? The Bayley Audio Diamondback cables are ready and need to be shipped to Bill.

Jun 23, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #176 of 242
[size=large]Its Countdown time!!!
[/size]

As of now - [size=small]80 hours and counting [/size] (for those coming in on saturday morning)

and [size=small]50 hours and counting [/size] (for those showing up on Friday morning)

cool.gif

I dont see anybody getting excited here
tongue.gif

Jun 23, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #177 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
[size=large]Its Countdown time!!!
[/size]

As of now - [size=small]80 hours and counting [/size] (for those coming in on saturday morning)

and [size=small]50 hours and counting [/size] (for those showing up on Friday morning)

cool.gif

I dont see anybody getting excited here
tongue.gif

How are we handling the need for food and drink. Should we bring stuff with us, or are we chipping in for things to be delivered?

Jun 23, 2004 at 1:41 AM Post #178 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
How are we handling the need for food and drink. Should we bring stuff with us, or are we chipping in for things to be delivered?

If you have space to bring stuff then you may do so by all means. Those who want to show up first and then head out to the store (unnecessary but we wont stop you
eggosmile.gif
) can do so at their own leisure.

Remember - it is not required that you chip in or bring stuff...Just remember that I am a growing boy with needs
rolleyes.gif
I get pretty hungry from time to time and a little something to eat and drink on the side will be appreciated.

The rest of you can watch me...you aint getting nothin!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL

I am packing all my gear and packing my bags right now
eek.gif
Same as last time - I leave almost immediately after the meet (going home to India for a short while).

Bloody brilliant!!!
600smile.gif

Jun 23, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #179 of 242
GS,

Excitement is starting to build. I fly into Miami at around 11:30pm Thursday night. Saturday morning I meet Tyrion to ride up to Leesburg. 4 hours mind you. Probably less. I need the long weekend. Just found out that due to a recent merger, I may be out of a job by the end of the year. But don't tell anyone, I am not supposed to know. So as soon as I get back to NYC, I've got to dust off the 'ol resume.

This weekend will give me a chance to completely veg. Thanks fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back