Florida Headphone Addicts
May 1, 2004 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 242

Sewer Guy

100+ Head-Fier
I am planning a meet in Leesburg, Fl. Location: 40 Mi NW. of Orlando viaTurnpike; 1 1/4 hr. NE of Tampa via 275 & SR 470. I am thinking of a saturday, June 12, 19 or 26. If you are interested please respond by posting a reply to this thread.
It will be held in the club house at our development. In order to give everyone a chance to audition all or most of the gear, there will need to be a limit of 20 participants max. Notice I said participants: wives do not count as they will be able to use the pools & or exercise room, explore the nature trail or just lounge around on the pool deck or go shopping at Leesburgs excuse for a mall. Sorry we recently moved from the Orlando area & wer'e spoiled.

I need to know 2 things: 1. Which date is best for you? 2. What gear can you bring?

I was thinking of starting about 11 a.m. Let me know what you think.

Post equipment you can bring on the separate thread "Meeting at Leesburg.
600smile.gif

May 1, 2004 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 242
can you give an exact address ?
i might make it - ill see and make arrangements.

i got :

naim cd 3.5 cd player
mpx3 old chassis with vt231's
sennheiser cardas/hd600 or zu/hd650
a few different interconnects

May 2, 2004 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 242
Hi Bill, I may be interested, but it's still too soon to know for sure. If I did come, I'd be headphone heavy and amp light. I'm going to bring the big amps to the New York meet and see how that goes (fingers crossed) but the idea of having them bounced around as check in luggage is not comforting.

I'd advise to notify participants of the exact address via PM rather than on the thread itself since this is a public forum and you never know who might be lurking.

May 3, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 242
I would like to join you guys up there. There is a chance I would be available 6/19 or 6/26 but I am unable commit at the moment. I would have available HD-650/Equinox, Eddie Current HD300, LaRocco PR, NAD 541i. I may have an RS-2, waiting to hear from seller. I am also trying to find a time and place for a South Florida. Probably in August.

May 3, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #6 of 242
I might be able to make it by June, it's a little early for me to tell for sure also, but my guess is I will be able to. I can bring: HD650+Zu and SR60, my self-modded Toshiba 3950 and/or my Sacdmodded NS500V, and hopefully by then I'll have my Larocco PPA.

May 3, 2004 at 1:57 PM Post #7 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Hi Bill, I may be interested, but it's still too soon to know for sure. If I did come, I'd be headphone heavy and amp light. I'm going to bring the big amps to the New York meet and see how that goes (fingers crossed) but the idea of having them bounced around as check in luggage is not comforting.

Wayne - no problem - just drop them at my place, and I will store (with occaisional use to keep from getting rusty) untill Bill's meet
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Bill - any of those dates works for me - plan around other attendees, and let me know. Would be great to have Raul and Wayne in attendance, so hopefully there is a date they both can make.

Wayne, I will be your driver while here - can meet you at Tampa airport whenever you arrive.

screwdriver, tyrion - hope you guys can make it, these meets are a good time, besides, we need to check out that Naim player and MPX3 (screwdriver's) and the Eddie Current HD300 and LaRocco PR (tyrion's). Tell you what, if you guys can't come, just send your gear along
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Bill - any reasonable motels up that way in case some of us want to come up Sat night and share rooms?

This is gonna be fun
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Gene - Will your car fit both me and Wayne??
tongue.gif

Sure, Guru, should be able to squeeze you in between Wayne's Angstrom and the Stealth, if you promise not to get sticky fingers
wink.gif

May 3, 2004 at 6:26 PM Post #10 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Sure, Guru, should be able to squeeze you in between Wayne's Angstrom and the Stealth, if you promise not to get sticky fingers
wink.gif

So much for the 'amp light' plan...

My biggest concern is in having the Angstrom (in particular) being bounced around by the airport baggage thugs. The power supply weighs 65 pounds with no box, so it will be hard to get it packed properly and still be within the weight limits for check-on baggage.

May 3, 2004 at 6:42 PM Post #11 of 242
Quote:

My biggest concern is in having the Angstrom (in particular) being bounced around by the airport baggage thugs. The power supply weighs 65 pounds with no box, so it will be hard to get it packed properly and still be within the weight limits for check-on baggage.

Wayne - I could join you and drive down if you dont want to send the gear the aerial route. Also - I think it would be better to use FedEX shipping instead of carrying the gear around. They are pretty quick and reliable and gentle with equipment if you stress the importance.

If you want to drive around with your gear and need another driver to do the distance with breaks and driver swaps then I will be happy to help out. We could rent a nice big SUV and load everything into it...

Besides - it would let me see more of USA
tongue.gif
LOL

May 3, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #12 of 242
Holly and I will try to make it. While I'm sweating at the idea of disconnecting and hauling my ASL AQ-1005DT monster, I guess that it's no sweat compared to what Wayne is likely to bring. Any of the proposed dates seem OK as of now. As for the equipment that I can bring, it's all listed in my profile.

May 4, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #13 of 242
Quote:

Wayne ... the safety and security of your irreplacable equipment should come ahead of letting us get our greasy paws on it (I am being completely serious here). I'm sure every one of us would understand if it became too much for you to bring the big stuff. As I type this, a little miniature Guru figure with a long tail and pitchfork is jumping up and down on my left shoulder screaming, "No, you fool, Shut Up! Don't let him off the hook."
evil_smiley.gif

Hell, just bring yourself, and enjoy the hospitality. You've certainly "done your bit", as they say in the IRA.

So, come empty handed, or heavy handed - doesn't matter, you'll be welcome just for your company and the humor and wisdom you share so willingly.

May 4, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #14 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
As I type this, a little miniature Guru figure with a long tail and pitchfork is jumping up and down on my left shoulder screaming, "No, you fool, Shut Up! Don't let him off the hook."
evil_smiley.gif

This is a really hilarious image
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd love to come to this meet. Any of the dates are fine for me. Can bring my PPA, HD595's & 600's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back