Flip Flop? + Triple.Fi Questions
Nov 15, 2008 at 10:02 AM Post #46 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is MUCH MUCH better.. why cant UE put it that way to begin with.

So you will buy a pair now member1982? hehe
In all honesty, i've gotten used to the fit and i dont notice its there. Its a great relief you can get the best of both worlds with comfort+SQ on the Triple.fi's.

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #47 of 99
Yeah already ordered from minidisc.com.au thanks for the pictures they showed me that the mod worked well. So much better looking.

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #49 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
><
I cant jam my triples that deep. My ears canal not that deep and my ears are like satelitte dish, not 'flush' to head.

u don't need to jam them deep, they're just meant to fill up the exterior of the canal. if you jam them deep they may go in, but your ears will get irritated and respond by producing alot of earwax, and they'll push out the tips eventually.

personally, I can't maintain a seal for long, they always slide out gradually and I have to keep fixing them, hence my consideration of customs

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #51 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why would you do it too often? it's a one time change.

I like changes, it's like changing tips. I get different results by playing around with the combination.

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #53 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like changes, it's like changing tips. I get different results by playing around with the combination.

i can understand changing tips, but changing cable sides!??!! what kind of a positive outcome could you possibly be expecting from that?

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #54 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by huimun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just realised that using double flanges makes the highs roll-off.

hey there another dude from singapore lol.

the doubleflanges were too big for me to feel comfortable..

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #55 of 99
Quote:

hey there another dude from singapore lol.

yep
biggrin.gif

strange,i only managed to squeeze the small size or the double flanges into my ears!

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #56 of 99
Lads. If you again look closer at the pic, you can still slightly see the blue housing curve where it meets the foam nozzle tip.

It is in no way shoved in my ear too deep to the point of being uncomfortable. As someone mentioned earlier, the memory wire helps. Once its on i just pinch the top loop so its stays nice and flush. Using stock medium tips.

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #57 of 99
Quote:

i can understand changing tips, but changing cable sides!??!! what kind of a positive outcome could you possibly be expecting from that?

have the right sound coming out of the right side? I don't want drums during black sabbath to be coming out of my left ear when it is meant to be coming out of my right side

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #58 of 99
Quote:

Not changing sides but switching from flipped to none-flipped is what I meant.

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #59 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have the right sound coming out of the right side? I don't want drums during black sabbath to be coming out of my left ear when it is meant to be coming out of my right side

no you misread.

EEXO commented on how frequent changing of sides would loosen the cable connection; I said changing sides would be a one time change.
EEXO says he likes changing sides, just like changing tips. I don't see how changing sides frequently improves anything.

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #60 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not changing sides but switching from flipped to none-flipped is what I meant.

ah. I see. well I'd suggest against that then; as you've pointed out, it does loosen the connection. you wouldn't wanna run about one day with your IEMs in your hands and have your entire driver housing fall off and get run over by a car.

Besides, I still don't see the merits of frequently changing from flip to non-flipped and vice versa. Just pick one. There isn't any soundquality change, and your ears shouldn't be changing so much that the comfort level of each would change. Tips, on the other hand, do change the sound, and there're multiple long term comfort factors associated with each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back