Flip Flop? + Triple.Fi Questions
Nov 16, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #76 of 99
whatever it is,i hope it reaches its final sound signature asap
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #77 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think crossover or cable burn in might explain the changes i experience. But it might be just my brain after all.

yeh its your brain, crossover burn in is un-noticeable, same for cable burn in, i believe this is a myth myself as any burn in on the cable would take years, in which time it should get worse due to oxidisation, and crossover burn in is jive really.

and we all know balanced armatures dont change. how many professional manufacturers have to tell us this to believe it??
tongue.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #78 of 99
I don't want to sound "smarty-pantsy", but, though lacking the words, I felt the urge to post something similar.
Especially as people experience the same acclimatisation effects on used cables, used balanced driver earphones (and often dynamic driver earphones or speakers, too), etc. So I guess it's just the need to get used to a new and different sound signature.

I personally loved my tf10 from the beginning and can't recall having experienced a huge amount of change in sound.

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #82 of 99
Btw, once i decore the olive, i put it straight to the bore without any tubing. I pulled it till the rear of the tip reach as far as possible, nearly touching the main body of triples. The olive tip only 1-2mm from the nozzle.

Feb 3, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #88 of 99
P1000595copy.jpg

Just another flip flop pic in case anyone wants or needs one to see what it looks like. Using the double flange tips and have a perfect seal that stays sealed and is quite comfortable, moreso than the comfort I had using my SF5 Pros. Also, I'm not noticing the highs being rolled off. :xf_cool:

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #89 of 99
Actually i managed to push it in even deeper
smily_headphones1.gif

Regarding the rolled off high, i think u misread. tf10 among the few iems with most extended high, to some extend some people called it artificial lol.

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #90 of 99
Trying the flip flop myself for the first time. I ,too, find that I can insert the tips in a little deeper.

On another note, I ordered a Null Audio Studio Enyo silver cable, anyone have one of these? Any idea how long they take to deliver?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back