flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Oct 4, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #24,211 of 39,419
Oct 4, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #24,213 of 39,419
Oct 4, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #24,216 of 39,419
@Frankie D I have additional ones called Gin, Brandy and Champagne. The higher end offerings twister didn’t review.

Oh, I'm saving their Don Perignon vintage super high end palladium/gold/silver cable for a special review occasion. They told me it requires 5000hrs of burn in on ice, so it ages properly.

:D j/k, I didn't review any of these cables, my contributor @Animagus did and he enjoyed them a lot!

Oct 4, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #24,217 of 39,419
Oh, I'm saving their Don Perignon vintage super high end palladium/gold/silver cable for a special review occasion. They told me it requires 5000hrs of burn in on ice, so it ages properly.

:D j/k, I didn't review any of these cables, my contributor @Animagus did and he enjoyed them a lot!

I think you need a Don Perignon in a diamond glass and let it age on the back seat of a rolls roys other ways it will have not the right sub emotions registered into the vibrations of the molecules of the cable. This process is very crucial and spiritually energized :ghost: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #24,218 of 39,419

Let’s round the 5000 hours 13.7) years up to 14 years. Hopefully my hearing will still be working by that review!

Oct 5, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #24,221 of 39,419

🤣

Haven’t gotten too deep into them yet but they are built like a tank!

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #24,222 of 39,419
Hi everybody,

sorry if that is not the right place to ask this kind of thing.

I am currently thinking about going for a custom in-ear, moving on from a pair of UM3X.
What I am wondering is, how to demo a CIEM that I am interested in?
I mean, there are dozens of companies and every model has a different flavour.
Before shelling out a significant amount of money, I would really like to test the in-ears.

Do the companies have a "demo set" with universal fits?

I would really appreciate your comments and sorry for that basic question.

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #24,223 of 39,419
Hi everybody,

sorry if that is not the right place to ask this kind of thing.

I am currently thinking about going for a custom in-ear, moving on from a pair of UM3X.
What I am wondering is, how to demo a CIEM that I am interested in?
I mean, there are dozens of companies and every model has a different flavour.
Before shelling out a significant amount of money, I would really like to test the in-ears.

Do the companies have a "demo set" with universal fits?

I would really appreciate your comments and sorry for that basic question.
Many companies will have a universal demo set. Some even have both universal and custom of the same model. Which models are you thinking about? Tks.

Oct 7, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #24,224 of 39,419
Many companies will have a universal demo set. Some even have both universal and custom of the same model. Which models are you thinking about? Tks.

Thank you for your reply! I see, I guess the audio shops then also have those kinds in their product line.

I noted down a few models that came up in my research and which I would like to test.
They are not only custom IEMs and most of them are also quite over my budget (at least here in Japan they are quite expensive):
- JH13 V2 Pro
- Campfire Audio Andromeda
- Shure 846
- Westone W60
- Westone UM Pro 50
- JH16
- Noble Encore
- Empire Ears Legend X
- 64 Audio tia Fourte
- Campfire Audio Vega
- Alclair Reference Triple Driver

Some of them (64 Audio tia Fourte, Empire Ears Legend X, etc) are just in there because I want to experience what is possible with CIEMs.
My budget would be ~1000USD.

Oct 7, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #24,225 of 39,419
Thank you for your reply! I see, I guess the audio shops then also have those kinds in their product line.

I noted down a few models that came up in my research and which I would like to test.
They are not only custom IEMs and most of them are also quite over my budget (at least here in Japan they are quite expensive):
- JH13 V2 Pro
- Campfire Audio Andromeda
- Shure 846
- Westone W60
- Westone UM Pro 50
- JH16
- Noble Encore
- Empire Ears Legend X
- 64 Audio tia Fourte
- Campfire Audio Vega
- Alclair Reference Triple Driver

Some of them (64 Audio tia Fourte, Empire Ears Legend X, etc) are just in there because I want to experience what is possible with CIEMs.
My budget would be ~1000USD.
Of those you mention, I dislike JH. I just do not feel they sound as good as the current top brands in the industry. The andromeda is excellent and might just be the best at under 1000.00. It can usually be gotten at a discount. Audio 46 in NYC might ship to you. I prefer it to the Shure which I owned and Westone. I own the Encore custom and think it is a great IEM. I would put that over the Andromeda, but close. And I think I like both better than the Fourte which I also own. However, there are times when the Fourte can be superior. But honestly, it is not good enough to justify its price ( my opinion, obviously). The Legend is a top IEM and a bass monster. I have not heard the Vega or the Alclair.

After owning a number of them and listening to many, I would recommend the Andromeda at your price level. It is an excellent IEM and like it the best at under $1,000.00 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back