flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jul 14, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #2,596 of 39,414
axxaaxaxxaaxaxaxaxa

Jul 14, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #2,598 of 39,414
Hi @flinkenick i just woke up from my afternoon siesta , i have a nescafe frappe in hand and i am waiting for numero 5

please don't make me wait bring it on (this sounded weird :jecklinsmile:)

A frappe is an ice coffee over there, right?
The best ice coffee I ever had was in Greece...and so was the self made yoghurt with honey and the delicious tomato/onion salads with feta and the roasted lamb and the baklava and...omg I'm starting to drool over here, I should probably move to Greece for the food alone :grin:

Btw, I don't think we get the #5 this week, or the next, or the next, etc...well, you get the picture. I guess it's called 'cliffhanger time'
hang-in-there.gif

Jul 14, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #2,599 of 39,414
Well this is a very personal thing. The 4-Wire is a spectacular cable, without a doubt elite in the world of cables. Its transparency and resolution are special, and it will bring out an abundance of detail in the W900, as well as more treble sparkle. But lately I care more about timbre than microdetail, so I prefer a warmer cable with the W900. But I think it's safe to say 90% of the people would prefer the pairing with 4-Wire.

I would always prefer to pair with IEM-R4 but W900 has recessed sockets unfortunately, without a doubt its greatest weakness hehe.

Agreed. I recently purchased a 2-wire 1960s to pair with my Zeus-XR, as I thought the 4-wire gave it an unnatural treble boost and lacked the added mid-bass body/warmth of the 2-wire, despite the improved transparency, staging, and precision. The 4-wire being twice the price had absolutely nothing to do with it... :wink:

Jul 14, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #2,603 of 39,414
What if @flinkenick's post about taking a break is a fake out and we're minutes away from getting all five reviews at the same time?

giphy.gif

Or maybe he wants us to raise and donate one billion dollar to reveal the rest?
I guess that must have been his evil plan down from the start :grin:

But hey, as he's in London for the weekend, maybe we can find/send a local secret agent (with some mojo) to make him post that last 5 reviews...

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #2,605 of 39,414
Or maybe he wants us to raise and donate one billion dollar to reveal the rest?
I guess that must have been his evil plan down from the start :grin:

But hey, as he's in London for the weekend, maybe we can find/send a local secret agent (with some mojo) to make him post that last 5 reviews...
Let's discuss prices

Hahaha just kidding. The canjam London pre meet was cool. Jude, Ethan, Joe, Nic, Stefan, Terrence, Lieven and moi.

@poedros you got to come next year bro. We'll both sit and try the whole Noble booth line-up , try to get Nic drunk as hell so we can get some cable gifts from him

Jul 15, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #2,608 of 39,414
proedros you got to come next year bro. We'll both sit and try the whole Noble booth line-up , try to get Nic drunk as hell so we can get some cable gifts from him

you should take Nic and Kerouac and come next summer for a feast of Greek food , sea sun and 2000$ ciems :jecklinsmile:

i am about to leave for holidays 18-31 July , hopefully when i return nic has revealed nos 4-5 , my zeus xr has shipped from US and i have finished a buying deal for sony wm1a

too many good things to wait , actually

Jul 15, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #2,609 of 39,414
Let's discuss prices

Hahaha just kidding. The canjam London pre meet was cool. Jude, Ethan, Joe, Nic, Stefan, Terrence, Lieven and moi.

@poedros you got to come next year bro. We'll both sit and try the whole Noble booth line-up , try to get Nic drunk as hell so we can get some cable gifts from him

Well, like I wrote: that secret agent just gotta have Mojo.
th

Looks like you've got an iFi Micro iDSD instead of a Mojo :thinking:

Nice to see/read you guys have such a good time over there already :thumbsup:

you should take Nic and Kerouac and come next summer for a feast of Greek food , sea sun and 2000$ ciems :jecklinsmile:

i am about to leave for holidays 18-31 July , hopefully when i return nic has revealed nos 4-5 , my zeus xr has shipped from US and i have finished a buying deal for sony wm1a

too many good things to wait , actually

Thanks for the invitation! Maybe you should contact Jude about a CanJam Athens (location: Acropolis) next year so we can all come over :grin:

Enjoy your upcoming holiday! :sunglasses:

Jul 15, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #2,610 of 39,414
Well, like I wrote: that secret agent just gotta have Mojo.
th

Looks like you've got an iFi Micro iDSD instead of a Mojo :thinking:

Nice to see/read you guys have such a good time over there already :thumbsup:

Thanks for the invitation! Maybe you should contact Jude about a CanJam Athens (location: Acropolis) next year so we can all come over :grin:

Enjoy your upcoming holiday! :sunglasses:
Could be the financial shot in the arm Greece needs :rolling_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back