flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Jan 17, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #7,246 of 39,414
Thahks for the vote of confidence guys. Guess I have to keep buying gear and keep up with them reviews eh? Wait a minute...
I am looking forward to see what you have up your sleeve! :D
A simple and question to spice things up a bit. If I already got the Zeus-XR + SP1000. And I am in front of a crossroad, for my goal in 2018 -2019.
Either go towards the cable route: something like Effect Audio Horus, PW1960 or TOTL IEM route: VE8 (or Phantom or others). Which one would I get the most benefit or improvements? There will only be one and it will be the only goal for headgear. It will be too greedy to have two goals.

I would assume most answers would lean towards the IEM route?
To be honest, I would personally go the IEM route, despite my love of shiny new cables. Having a couple of different sounding TOTL CIEMs would be much more tempting. If you are not really looking for a complimentary sound to add to your Zeus, then a cable can make sense, but it will be important to make sure you like the synergy and feel it offers enough change/improvement to justify the price of something like Horus. I understand the synergy with Zeus is very good, but there is no substitute for a demo and hearing it yourself.

Jan 17, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #7,247 of 39,414
I received my CE-05. My first impression is very positive.

file-3[5980].jpeg

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #7,248 of 39,414
Hi all

I am very happy about Saturn feedback.
I am waiting someone interest in Zombie and more reviews to show on here

We are planning release one or two model in 2018 . I have just engineered new drivers and productions. It is very good sound quality!And it should more musical like Saturn and Zombie.

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #7,249 of 39,414
Hi all

We are planning release one or two model in 2018 . I have just engineered new drivers and productions. It is very good sound quality!And it should more musical like Saturn and Zombie.

Now this is something to get excited about!

-Collin-

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #7,250 of 39,414
Hi all

Awesome work, Sammy! I personally haven't heard the Zombie, but I really enjoyed the Solar when I heard it in Singapore; one of the smoothest, musical IEMs I've ever heard. :)

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #7,251 of 39,414
Hi all

You did a great job with the Saturn Sammy! I keep going back to them even though I should be working on my next reviews, just because I love them so much.

I am sending them to another reviewer soon.

Looking forward to seeing (and hopefully hearing) the new releases!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #7,253 of 39,414
A new pair of guests arrived this morning, all the way from Cologne. Many thanks to the guys at Vision Ears for giving me the opportunity to review their lovely VE5! :D

So happy for you, man! Is that a universal or a full-fledged custom unit? Regardless, though, I can't wait to see your extended and thorough thoughts on the IEM you've been hounding (pun intended) for the past few months. I'd also like to compare your thoughts to mine, which may or may not be coming early next week. :wink:

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #7,254 of 39,414
So happy for you, man! Is that a universal or a full-fledged custom unit? Regardless, though, I can't wait to see your extended and thorough thoughts on the IEM you've been hounding (pun intended) for the past few months. I'd also like to compare your thoughts to mine, which may or may not be coming early next week. :wink:
Yeah, really happy to have them for a few weeks! They are demo units, although they seem different from the ones I demoed earlier, so I have shot off an email to see if I remembered that correctly. These appear smaller and are soooo comfortable. :D

I have been eagerly anticipating your thoughts on the VE5, so am looking forward to reading them!

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #7,255 of 39,414
Yeah, really happy to have them for a few weeks! They are demo units, although they seem different from the ones I demoed earlier, so I have shot off an email to see if I remembered that correctly. These appear smaller and are soooo comfortable. :D

I have been eagerly anticipating your thoughts on the VE5, so am looking forward to reading them!

Them is a key word in my upcoming review. :wink:

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #7,257 of 39,414
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #7,259 of 39,414
Nah, it’s nothing new. Just a larger scale review than what I’m used to.
Just announced!

Ranking the Stars Part 2

Deezel Edition

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back