flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 13, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #36,616 of 39,414
Battle of the Green Case DAPs…

BD21DBD0-D482-47F7-B935-6283AB2EC4B4.jpeg

Nov 13, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #36,620 of 39,414
RS6 thoughts?

Most “analogue” sounding of the 3 where note edges are noticeably softer/rounded. The DX240 has the sharpest note edge to me. Technicalities on the sp2k and dx240 are stronger as well but the RS6 prob more musical. Need more time on them.

Both the hiby and Ibasso have more forward positioned mids than the AK. The DX240 sounds impressively 3D-ish. For example, the bass guitar on the track stands out more than the other 2 players.

Nov 13, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #36,621 of 39,414
Yeah, it is just perfect to have on while working. I find it creates just the right sort of bubble for being alone with my thoughts.

you are gonna love this one then (my 3rd eye instinct tells me) , desert island disc for me

let me know if you like this one as much as i do (a 90s ambient masterpiece , imho)

Nov 14, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #36,622 of 39,414
Nov 14, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #36,623 of 39,414
you are gonna love this one then (my 3rd eye instinct tells me) , desert island disc for me

let me know if you like this one as much as i do (a 90s ambient masterpiece , imho)

Very nice! Definitely an album that is great for closing your eyes and drifting away.

Nov 14, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #36,624 of 39,414
Nov 15, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #36,625 of 39,414
Hey, everyone! 'Hope you've all had a good start to the week. I wanted to pop by and share this new brother-sister duo I just discovered called Lawrence, featuring Clyde and Gracie Lawrence. I came upon an acoustic performance of one of their songs and was immediately blown away by how incredible Gracie's vocals are, and I've since fallen into a rabbit hole, binging through all their dynamic, retro-sounding and yet breezily-fresh arrangements.

I've linked a couple here for you guys to check out, along with a bonus BTS video of one of their songs, because nothing makes me happier than watching people have fun making music. :D

Nov 15, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #36,626 of 39,414
Hey, everyone! 'Hope you've all had a good start to the week. I wanted to pop by and share this new brother-sister duo I just discovered called Lawrence, featuring Clyde and Gracie Lawrence. I came upon an acoustic performance of one of their songs and was immediately blown away by how incredible Gracie's vocals are, and I've since fallen into a rabbit hole, binging through all their dynamic, retro-sounding and yet breezily-fresh arrangements.

I've linked a couple here for you guys to check out, along with a bonus BTS video of one of their songs, because nothing makes me happier than watching people have fun making music. :D

They girl can really belt it out!

Nov 15, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #36,627 of 39,414
Enjoyed your review gives me a good idea of what to expect. And an excuse to keep the Elysium and have both. Curious to compare to my Thummim with the C9 in tube mode, how close it is to the way I hear that.
Glad you enjoyed it. :)

I actually have not had a chance to compare my EXT to my Thummin. The Thummin scales so well that I tend to keep it mostly on my desktop to play with my Burson C3R and my Zana Deux as my best scaler. However, the EXT even sounds great on my iPhone that is sacrilege with my Thummin. I'll have to check it out when I get a chance and check back.

Nov 15, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #36,628 of 39,414

*sigh* they're in NYC on 12/4, but I'm not a fan of the venue (Terminal5). But thank you so much Daniel for posting this, I'll be following you down the rabbit hole!

Nov 16, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #36,629 of 39,414
They girl can really belt it out!
For sure! One of the things that got me hooked on the duo is her energy; constantly moving, yet hitting those ridiculous notes effortlessly. It's crazy to think how young she is as well. I hope they continue to put out great stuff.

*sigh* they're in NYC on 12/4, but I'm not a fan of the venue (Terminal5). But thank you so much Daniel for posting this, I'll be following you down the rabbit hole!
Cheers, man. They're from NY, actually, so it shouldn't be too long a wait until their next show there. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back