flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Sep 20, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #35,926 of 39,414
Okay, major panic mode, one of my Bombers fell of the cable when I was rolling my wheelchair into the bedroom. This is two Rhapsodios I’ve had with loose sockets, is this a thing with them, or just my bad luck?

Sep 20, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #35,927 of 39,414
Found it, praise God, I was sweating there, this is the second Rhapsidio I've had with loose sockets, has anyone else experienced this, is their a DIY fix?

Sep 20, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #35,928 of 39,414
Found it, praise God, I was sweating there, this is the second Rhapsidio I've had with loose sockets, has anyone else experienced this, is their a DIY fix?
I would like to know the same. I have to sit completely still when listening to my Rhapsodio Eden due to loose sockets. I reached out to Rhapsodio with no help given.

Sep 20, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #35,929 of 39,414
…I thought it broke.

it was just misplaced…glad you found it!

Sep 20, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #35,931 of 39,414
I would like to know the same. I have to sit completely still when listening to my Rhapsodio Eden due to loose sockets. I reached out to Rhapsodio with no help given.
This only happened to me once with the Traillii, and I think that everything just lined up perfectly in my bag to put just the right amount of force in the right place to dislodge the transducer.

What you describe however is scary to me, so loose that the pins dislodge while wearing. Is it a flaw in the design, subpar sockets used, or just too many cord changes overtime?

Wonder if you could add soldier to the pins to get a stronger fit? Tinning the pins.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #35,932 of 39,414
I just reached out to Sammy, about this and AudioTiers, if I don't hear back, then I'll contact HIFIGO.

Sep 20, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #35,933 of 39,414
This only happened to me once with the Traillii, and I think that everything just lined up perfectly in my bag to put just the right amount of force in the right place to dislodge the transducer.

What you describe however is scary to me, so loose that the pins dislodge while wearing. Is it a flaw in the design, subpar sockets used, or just too many cord changes overtime?

Wonder if you could add soldier to the pins to get a stronger fit? Tinning the pins.
I am unsure, it’s seems many cable changes from what it appears. But they also look like they were taken apart before I received them. I’m the third owner. So I’m unsure. That’s a good thought, however I would have to dedicate that cable to that monitor for good.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #35,934 of 39,414
I just reached out to Sammy, about this and AudioTiers, if I don't hear back, then I'll contact HIFIGO.
Thanks Kevin. I’ll be anxiously awaiting what you find out.

Sep 20, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #35,935 of 39,414
The Bomber is the most revealing IEM I've heard, was listening to a live performance of Mahler’s Second by the Concertgebouw and Klemperer. The chairs creaking, coughing, and pages being turned is distracting!

Sep 20, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #35,936 of 39,414
In general, one issue is due to 0.75mm vs 0.78mm standards and switching cables multiple times until socket gets loose, and another big problem is due to +/- tolerance of different pins and sockets when you mixing and matching IEMs and cables. 0.01mm can make a difference.

Sep 20, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #35,937 of 39,414
In general, one issue is due to 0.75mm vs 0.78mm standards and switching cables multiple times until socket gets loose, and another big problem is due to +/- tolerance of different pins and sockets when you mixing and matching IEMs and cables. 0.01mm can make a difference.
Any tricks you use to “tighten” things up?

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #35,938 of 39,414
The classic method is the flatten the pins on the cable with pliers to make the fit tighter. Obviously, though, you'd have to take into account what that may do to the cable's fit on your other IEMs.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #35,939 of 39,414
The Bomber is the most revealing IEM I've heard, was listening to a live performance of Mahler’s Second by the Concertgebouw and Klemperer. The chairs creaking, coughing, and pages being turned is distracting!
Glad to hear someone else enjoying it, and with a completely different genre (versus my preferences)!
Doesn't seem to be a lot of these out in the wild...it's a shame. Very unique sound sig, presumably largely driven by magnetostatic driver. I really enjoy it with deep/progressive EDM.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #35,940 of 39,414
You might try a well stretched teflon tape (for sealing plumbing threads). It's non-conductive so you can punch the pins through and see if it will snug it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back