flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Sep 20, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #35,941 of 39,411
You might try a well stretched teflon tape (for sealing plumbing threads). It's non-conductive so you can punch the pins through and see if it will snug it up.
Ooooh I have some of this
May give it a go…just worried if it breaks off in the sockets…

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #35,942 of 39,411
Ooooh I have some of this
May give it a go…just worried if it breaks off in the sockets…
If it's too tight, trim off sides until you have a decent fit. You will probably end up with some of it around the socket but it should be easy to clean up. Just be careful not to yank it into the pin sockets (the electrical part) :sweat_smile:

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #35,943 of 39,411
You might try a well stretched teflon tape (for sealing plumbing threads). It's non-conductive so you can punch the pins through and see if it will snug it up.
Excellent idea, thanks! @Deezel177 , thank you as well, not sure my ham fists, pliers, and expensive cable are something I'll do!

Sep 21, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #35,944 of 39,411
Excellent idea, thanks! @Deezel177 , thank you as well, not sure my ham fists, pliers, and expensive cable are something I'll do!
I have had the same problem with rhapsodio infinity mk2 that came for review but sadly it distorted on the left iem on the last day , waiting for a replacement , but yes the jacks are loose , teflon is a good idea 😁

Sep 21, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #35,946 of 39,411
I have had the same problem with rhapsodio infinity mk2 that came for review but sadly it distorted on the left iem on the last day , waiting for a replacement , but yes the jacks are loose , teflon is a good idea 😁
Glad they’re finally giving out Rhapsodios for reviews. Not glad to hear about the QC issues. Fortunately all my Rhap purchases have been flawless in terms of QC but definitely one of the drawbacks about being a one man shop

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #35,947 of 39,411
On business travel for the first time since January 2020, prior to covid it was a regular occurrence. I always love selecting music on different stages of travel - waiting in the airport, up in the sky, on trains and walking in the city after work... or indeed like right now, in my hotel room.

I brought IE900 with foam tips for isolation in noisy environments on the go and IER-M9 for relaxing in my room. IE900 is an almost daily driver anyway but first proper revisit to IER-M9 in a while - fallen in love all over again, I get completely lost in them and outside of single DDs, the best coherency I've heard in any IEM. When I got Traillii I debated selling some others to include IER-M9, definitely not going anywhere now!

20210922_072841.jpg

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #35,948 of 39,411
On business travel for the first time since January 2020, prior to covid it was a regular occurrence. I always love selecting music on different stages of travel - waiting in the airport, up in the sky, on trains and walking in the city after work... or indeed like right now, in my hotel room.

I brought IE900 with foam tips for isolation in noisy environments on the go and IER-M9 for relaxing in my room. IE900 is an almost daily driver anyway but first proper revisit to IER-M9 in a while - fallen in love all over again, I get completely lost in them and outside of single DDs, the best coherency I've heard in any IEM. When I got Traillii I debated selling some others to include IER-M9, definitely not going anywhere now!

20210922_072841.jpg
M9 is great. A shame that I got that uncomfortable vacuum effect everytime I wear them, and I would get this frequent sibilance (of which I’m very sensitive to) so I had to sell them.

Sep 22, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #35,949 of 39,411
M9 is great. A shame that I got that uncomfortable vacuum effect everytime I wear them, and I would get this frequent sibilance (of which I’m very sensitive to) so I had to sell them.

Yeah I had the same issue with all stock tips for M9 - resolved with AET07 or similar such as DUNU ZEN stock tips. I've never experienced sibilance with them, do you think associated with the vacuum issue?

Recently went through the same problem with Traillii which was painful and traumatic but solved with Sedna Crystals or Shorts (standard), the latter now my preference.

Sep 22, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #35,950 of 39,411
I've never experienced sibilance with them, do you think associated with the vacuum issue?
Probably, I have no idea and I didn’t try too many tips back then.

Sep 22, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #35,951 of 39,411
Hey all, my review on the Symphonium Helios was just published here: https://www.headphones.com/community/reviews-learning-and-news/symphonium-helios-review

This is an IEM that I believe will make its mark by virtue of its sonic performance and word-of-mouth alone once more people starting hearing it. We’ll have it at the Headphones.com booth at CanJam SoCal this weekend, so I encourage anyone to give it a listen if they get the chance!

49AF58F6-6624-4A69-AFC1-14F8ADB4FBC2.jpeg

Sep 22, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #35,952 of 39,411
Hey all, my review on the Symphonium Helios was just published here: https://www.headphones.com/community/reviews-learning-and-news/symphonium-helios-review

This is an IEM that I believe will make its mark by virtue of its sonic performance and word-of-mouth alone once more people starting hearing it. We’ll have it at the Headphones.com booth at CanJam SoCal this weekend, so I encourage anyone to give it a listen if they get the chance!

49AF58F6-6624-4A69-AFC1-14F8ADB4FBC2.jpeg
Good timing by Helios to have you review this IEM. Since I will be spending some good time in the Headphones.com booth, I'll give it a try. Given what Headphones.com is bringing, I can probably spend the whole weekend just there.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #35,953 of 39,411
Evening listening in bed, what a lovely combo. After quite an early morning, I’m dozing off already. Good night gents!

14CEB4D8-9068-4A65-989A-B16BC7F87250.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back