flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Aug 18, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #3,556 of 39,414
To everyone else: This thread doesn't have that much steam left in it, naturally, however unfortunately that may seem. You're all a fun little bunch... most of you, at least :p I look forward to meeting you in other threads in the future, and I hope any decisions you've made based on this shoot-out are well-thought-out, as informed as humanly possible, and does not end in regret... however unlikely that may seem :wink:
Cheers mate! It's been a lot of fun! :D

Watch me revive this thread in a year's time with a picture of our new puppy chewing up my hard earned Leonidas. :p

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #3,557 of 39,414
On another related note, @Deezel177, looks like we gotta ask about bank transfer rates to foreign countries first thing Monday morning.

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #3,558 of 39,414
I bet we all saw this one coming. 5-Way FTMFW!

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #3,559 of 39,414
thanx for this excellent thread @flinkenick , i am sure many people will go for the Spiral Ears Best Friend title after you release the se5 review

cheers

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #3,560 of 39,414
Prize Giveaway

Rank #1:
@ChrisSC

1. SE-5
2. W900
3. Zeus
4. A18 Tzar

5. Maestro V2

Rank #2:

@rookie2009

1. A18

2. Zeus
3. 5-way
4. Prelude
5. Samba

Rank #3:

@EagleWings

1. Warbler Prelude

2. Zeus
3. 5-Way
4. UE 18+

5. Maestro V2

It's hard to believe the shootout is almost over. For the last months all my spare thoughts and time have gone into thinking about iems, writing phrases in my mind, and endless rewriting over and over again. Sometimes I would go to sleep thinking about iems, dream about them, and wake up to restart the process. A turbulent time. Anyways, endings come with new beginnings. Like I said before, none of this would be possible without the interest and engagement of the readers. So in a way, I would like to think that all of you have given me a present in return. I consider this my shootout present :)

Ps. There will be no more tolerance of phrases including "..is better than VE8" from now on :D

upload_2017-8-18_15-47-39.gif

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #3,562 of 39,414
Cheers mate! It's been a lot of fun! :D

Watch me revive this thread in a year's time with a picture of our new puppy chewing up my hard earned Leonidas. :p

Not an unfamiliar sight, mate. I've seen a dog with a Sony WM1Z in its mouth, and you'll laugh your head off when I tell you whose WM1Z it was :D

On another related note, @Deezel177, looks like we gotta ask about bank transfer rates to foreign countries first thing Monday morning.

Who says I haven't already? :wink:

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #3,566 of 39,414
Prize Giveaway

Rank #1:
@ChrisSC

1. SE-5
2. W900
3. Zeus
4. A18 Tzar

5. Maestro V2

Rank #2:

@rookie2009

1. A18

2. Zeus
3. 5-way
4. Prelude
5. Samba

Rank #3:

@EagleWings

1. Warbler Prelude

2. Zeus
3. 5-Way
4. UE 18+

5. Maestro V2

It's hard to believe the shootout is almost over. For the last months all my spare thoughts and time have gone into thinking about iems, writing phrases in my mind, and endless rewriting over and over again. Sometimes I would go to sleep thinking about iems, dream about them, and wake up to restart the process. A turbulent time. Anyways, endings come with new beginnings. Like I said before, none of this would be possible without the interest and engagement of the readers. So in a way, I would like to think that all of you have given me a present in return. I consider this my shootout present :)

Ps. There will be no more tolerance of phrases including "..is better than VE8" from now on :D

Awesome man. Thanks for the cable. May be its time to start a cable collection. Can't wait to read the SE5 review now.

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #3,567 of 39,414
Ow?

...and did it squeak? :p

I don't know if it did to be honest with you; I wasn't there.

I believe it came about when the 1Z's owner became too busy staring at a black-and-white painting of a tree, obsessing over how much detail the picture bore, how... ahem... "transparent" and "revealing" it was, and abandoning all notice from what colour the leaf was in; instead, placing more emphasis on whether or not the artist was able to, as he put it, "Portray the difference in shading between every leaf in that tree."

Though, to the owner's credit, "Zeus" is a very difficult word to spell correctly :wink:

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #3,568 of 39,414
Awesome write-up! I've sensed that the 5-Way will retain its status as summit-fi ciem when Nick liked my post :wink:

As a side note, i've found my endgame headphone in the form of Bang&Olufsen H6....
I wonder which CIEM in this shootout has the closest resemblance to H6 in terms of sound reproduction?

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #3,570 of 39,414
I don't know if it did to be honest with you; I wasn't there.

I believe it came about when the 1Z's owner became too busy staring at a black-and-white painting of a tree, obsessing over how much detail the picture bore, how... ahem... "transparent" and "revealing" it was, and abandoning all notice from what colour the leaf was in; instead, placing more emphasis on whether or not the artist was able to, as he put it, "Portray the difference in shading between every leaf in that tree."

Though, to the owner's credit, "Zeus" is a very difficult word to spell correctly :wink:
Sorry, I have had too much excitement today and my brain went fluffy about three hours ago. Jack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back