flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Feb 26, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #27,933 of 39,414
Lots have come and gone but these are the ones that matter to me and are still around:

IER-Z1R - 2 years 1 month
Legend X SE - 9 months
Erlky - 7 months
Noir - 7 months (separated for a couple of months though!)
Odin - 6 months
Traillii - 1 month

I guess I also have commitment issues except for Z1R 😂

Feb 26, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #27,934 of 39,414
Lots have come and gone but these are the ones that matter to me and are still around:

IER-Z1R - 2 years 1 month
Legend X SE - 9 months
Erlky - 7 months
Noir - 7 months (separated for a couple of months though!)
Odin - 6 months
Traillii - 1 month

I guess I also have commitment issues except for Z1R 😂

I don’t have many left, so here goes the last IEMs standing:

LCDi4 - almost 4 years
Erlky - 6 months
itsfitlab Fusion - >1 year

Feb 26, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #27,935 of 39,414
I've been climbing the ladder to find my 'perfect sound' and since I haven't found it in one all-rounder, these are the two left standing:

Tia Fourte - 2 months
Legend X - 1 month

Can't see anything anywhere that's going to displace these two anytime soon, and even when the new flagships launch this year it'll take a few years before they become attainable (assuming they even improve in what I already have).

Here's hoping anyway!

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #27,936 of 39,414
Dated a lot of other iems since the start of pandemic but now married to the custom 18 BAs of 64 Audio.

U18t - 5 months but switched to A18t - 5 days now
A18s - 3 months
Trio - 8 months

Feb 26, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #27,937 of 39,414
Nio: 7 months
U18T: 1 month
N8: being reshelled atm, will be my first CIEM
Fourte: incoming

Excited for the new additions to arrive!

Feb 26, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #27,938 of 39,414
I don’t have many left, so here goes the last IEMs standing:

LCDi4 - almost 4 years
Erlky - 6 months
itsfitlab Fusion - >1 year
😱 you’re leaving us? 😢

Feb 26, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #27,939 of 39,414
😱 you’re leaving us? 😢

Hahahaa....no, just focusing more on headphone setup nowadays :relaxed: I still can’t be parted with those 3 at the moment although they’re literally gathering dust. Perhaps the last time I got to listen to them was more than a month ago :sweat_smile:

Feb 26, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #27,941 of 39,414
Although I like this game I am so new to wired IEMs with only 6 months I have not been tested yet. That said I am a unrepentant collector.
Ones I am very unlikely to part with
U12T 6 months
Traillii 3 months
Elysium with Code 51 2 months

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #27,942 of 39,414
Although I like this game I am so new to wired IEMs with only 6 months I have not been tested yet. That said I am a unrepentant collector.
Ones I am very unlikely to part with
U12T 6 months
Traillii 3 months
Elysium with Code 51 2 months
U12t...
Ely...
Traillii...

AD280284-A639-4C97-B4A0-6C8422168180.jpeg

Feb 26, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #27,943 of 39,414
I don’t think they do customs but in this instance for sure no, the universal shell on the Traillii is one of the the most comfortable IEMs I have used. I’m probably “done” with customs for a while, although I’ll forever lust over VE custom designs.
A few of use just changed to other market earbuds and to be honest - the Traillii sits perfect - i can't imagine to improve the fit... in fact I thought about customs but then i am more concerned about to be disappointed (because maybe no gain in sound quality at all) and even worse - that the IEM would stick out more and hence the wearing is even uncomfortable, so I am not convinced about customs. Traillii as is - with good earbuds sits so perfect and tight and flat on the ear, the cable perfectly positioned around the ear ... not sure this can me improved at all. But if somebody tries to have customs built i am interested to know what the outcome is going to be.

Feb 26, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #27,944 of 39,414
I’ll play too:

Sony IER-Z1R - 13 months
HYLA Sarda - 13 months
Empire Ears Legend X - 10 months (only including the second time owning it)
Custom Art FIBAE Black - 1 month
Empire Ears Odin - 1 month

Average 7.6 months!
can u tell me if the Sony sits well ? I heard the sound is great but that it is very cumbersome to fit it into the ear... I am curious to get this point verified.

Feb 26, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #27,945 of 39,414
I think for the boxes Tiger is looking to tick, that combo will be very difficult to shift.

You said that right friend!

While folks are counting their beloved honeymoon time with their iems I on the other hand have had a different path and achievement.

I dont collection iems neither daps or cables.
I always swap and sale the loser!

My journey is now 5 years long and in that short period comparing to some veterans I read here gone threw 30 and 45 years long journeys!

I am at a position now where I reached the supreme best and there is no need for anything else.
My main goal is to have 1 setup that does it all the best in any genres. 1 that does sound so good that you never want to stop!

I did had fourté original before but it was with 1z and that setup still makes og brighter but not sp2000! It seems ak dont have the v type sound of 1z and it marriages perfectly with og!

I know 64a is on a verge to announce new iems, but that not means it will have the perfect synergy that og and sp2k offers so it is yet to be re tested and to verify!
But as of what is available atm og and sp2k is extremely impressive, something that is very rare and outstandingly good! Some reason the noir dont match with sp2k as the og and the sound I heard with og was so good! Made me insta sale noirs and buy a brand new fourte OG from 64a!

This is a result of my relentless search and experimenting with a lot of gear, this is pretty much the chosen ONE of all setups.
This is as good as the 55k HE1 sennheiser headphones setup!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back