flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Feb 10, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #21,091 of 39,414
Feb 10, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #21,092 of 39,414
@mvvRAZ - here's the English translation:
LIZER LAB in Gunma Prefecture has released an earpiece "JIJU" that reproduces "out-of-head localization" with earphone listening that sounds can be heard from the front by patent technology on EC sites such as Amazon.

Earpiece `` JIJU '' to reproduce out-of-head localization with earphones

There are three sizes, L / M / S. Each pair costs 4,280 yen (tax included). A full set that includes three pairs of three sizes is also available for 10,500 yen (tax included). Each comes with a special case.

Includes special case, 1 size 1 pair / 3 size 1 pair

The earphones with the squeezed side facing the ears and the swollen side facing the ears have a different structure than ordinary earpieces. Also, a very small hole is provided in the vicinity of the earphone attachment part, and a part of the sound is emitted and reflected at a portion of the ear called the “tragus”. This gives the earphone sound a sense of direction.

Wear it in the opposite way to a general earpiece
A stainless steel plug "phase plug" is placed in the center of the umbrella. Control sound reflection and phase

In addition, a stainless steel plug "phase plug" is installed in the center of the earpiece. Controls echo / delay / diffusion / vibration isolation / phase of sound.

These designs reproduce "out-of-head localization" in which sound is heard right in front of the eyes, as well as provide a sense of depth and a sense of presence as if listening to live performances in a concert hall or live venue. Is said to be. In addition, the effect of the phase plug suppresses resonance and resonance, reducing noise and listening fatigue.

By making full use of sound reflection and control by the phase plug, it gives direction and spatial expression to the sound of the earphone

The maximum diameter for each size is 13mm for L size / 12mm for M size / 10.5mm for S size. Compatible with earphones with stem diameter of Φ6.0mm or more.

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #21,093 of 39,414
@mvvRAZ - here's the English translation:
LIZER LAB in Gunma Prefecture has released an earpiece "JIJU" that reproduces "out-of-head localization" with earphone listening that sounds can be heard from the front by patent technology on EC sites such as Amazon.

Earpiece `` JIJU '' to reproduce out-of-head localization with earphones

There are three sizes, L / M / S. Each pair costs 4,280 yen (tax included). A full set that includes three pairs of three sizes is also available for 10,500 yen (tax included). Each comes with a special case.

Includes special case, 1 size 1 pair / 3 size 1 pair

The earphones with the squeezed side facing the ears and the swollen side facing the ears have a different structure than ordinary earpieces. Also, a very small hole is provided in the vicinity of the earphone attachment part, and a part of the sound is emitted and reflected at a portion of the ear called the “tragus”. This gives the earphone sound a sense of direction.

Wear it in the opposite way to a general earpiece
A stainless steel plug "phase plug" is placed in the center of the umbrella. Control sound reflection and phase

In addition, a stainless steel plug "phase plug" is installed in the center of the earpiece. Controls echo / delay / diffusion / vibration isolation / phase of sound.

These designs reproduce "out-of-head localization" in which sound is heard right in front of the eyes, as well as provide a sense of depth and a sense of presence as if listening to live performances in a concert hall or live venue. Is said to be. In addition, the effect of the phase plug suppresses resonance and resonance, reducing noise and listening fatigue.

By making full use of sound reflection and control by the phase plug, it gives direction and spatial expression to the sound of the earphone

The maximum diameter for each size is 13mm for L size / 12mm for M size / 10.5mm for S size. Compatible with earphones with stem diameter of Φ6.0mm or more.
Damn that sounds pretty neat - if they manage to do the reflection well especially, I can see this sounding really hollow otherwise

I think the tech that can really make a killing for staging and soundstage width is the bone conductivity though, I think it was UM that were working on something like that - waiting on Canjam NY impressions quite eagerly

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #21,094 of 39,414
Feb 10, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #21,095 of 39,414
It is UM - they are using bone conduction to "smooth out" the mid and high ranges of their Estat and BA drivers, according to the blurb on their HF thread. Will be interested to hear the CJ impressions on how it works in practice

On an unrelated note, has anyone else assist from Deezel heard the Jimi? Contemplating a deal on the universal version just to try it out, but there are literally NO impressions apart from @Deezel177 on the web anywhere...

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #21,096 of 39,414
It is UM - they are using bone conduction to "smooth out" the mid and high ranges of their Estat and BA drivers, according to the blurb on their HF thread. Will be interested to hear the CJ impressions on how it works in practice

On an unrelated note, has anyone else assist from Deezel heard the Jimi? Contemplating a deal on the universal version just to try it out, but there are literally NO impressions apart from @Deezel177 on the web anywhere...
If you get me a free sample I'll happily provide some for you :D

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #21,097 of 39,414
VE8 arrives tomorrow :)

1D576460-057E-4498-B60B-0A3B49FFDB27.jpeg

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #21,101 of 39,414
worth picking the EFFECT AUDIO ORIGIN IEM cable from Drop for $50 ?
I have an older prototype lying around and that is a really nice cable. The Origin is somewhat different (components), but ever since I got that prototype I kept urging them to put it into production. It is a great replacement for a stock cable without going into the more expensive premium cables.

Feb 10, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #21,102 of 39,414
need to give a huge shout-out to @Jack Vang and Empire Ears , i have clocked more than 4000 hours with my Zeus XR and they are still going strong so kudos

I have got a job again and began saving up money , not into any buying/upgraditis urge now but wondering if/when my Zeus break what i should buy next - probably will buy Zeus again - no point changing strategy when your team is a winner (although i am curious how much of an upgrade WM1Z would be over my WM1A)

TBH , the only buy that i am semi-craving is a 1960s 2w cable - reports of people owning it with Zeus XR have been uber-praising

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #21,103 of 39,414
VE8 arrives tomorrow :)

1D576460-057E-4498-B60B-0A3B49FFDB27.jpeg
You are now owning an original Vision Ears IEM.

All of your bases are belong to us :D

Packaging looks gorgeous, looking forward to your impressions! Congratulations :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back