FLC Technology - New FLC 8N - Impressions Thread
Nov 20, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #136 of 304
...and there is one more question.

According to the flc homepage there is a difference between cable connectors of flc 8s and 8n.
will UE TF10 replacement cable fit in both 8s and 8n?

..its because I would like to have mouldable (plastic-wrapped) cable ending as for most other IEM on stage.

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #137 of 304
Just got my Flc8d from the LMUE Christmas sale today. I had the S maybe 2 years ago and absolutely loved it but I just couldn't handle the fit as it caused a lot of pain for me. The fit of the new shells is SO much better. I threw some spin fits on and a Null Audio Arete mkii cable with mic that I had lying around (not for the sound, I need a mic and controls). These are exactly what I was looking for. Ever since I sent the FLC8S back I've been searching for an end game universal IEM that I can use when I don't want to risk losing or damaging my ciems. I couldn't find anything under $1000 that I liked as much. These fit the bill perfectly and at this price I don't have to stress about wearing them to the gym or taking them on trips. I just wish the nozzles were angled, the spin fits mostly fix the problem with that, but I do have to readjust them more than I'd like. Very happy with these and an absolute bargain at the sale price.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #138 of 304
Just got my Flc8d from the LMUE Christmas sale today. I had the S maybe 2 years ago and absolutely loved it but I just couldn't handle the fit as it caused a lot of pain for me. The fit of the new shells is SO much better. I threw some spin fits on and a Null Audio Arete mkii cable with mic that I had lying around. These are exactly what I was looking for. Ever since I sent the FLC8S back I've been searching for an end game universal IEM that I can use when I don't want to risk losing or damaging my ciems. I couldn't find anything under $1000 that I liked as much. These fit the bill perfectly and at this price I don't have to stress about wearing them to the gym or taking them on trips. I just wish the nozzles were angled, the spin fits mostly fix the problem with that, but I do have to readjust them more than I'd like. Very happy with these and an absolute bargain at the sale price.
Congrats on your purchase! In hindsight, I should have purchased the FLC8d too, because I've only ever used my FLC8n in the FLC8d configuration (definitely my prefered signature for the lows and ultra-lows). I agree, the shell shape is much better than that of the FLC8s and the shape of the cable connectors is also more ergonomic. To my ears, there's a small loss of isolation with the 8d/n because of the extra vent ports, but it's no big deal, as I tend to use something else anyway in situations where I need isolation. I'm also loving those SpinFit tips. I keep going back to SpinFit. They tame the treble a bit (which is sometimes needed with anything but the blue filter) and I find them more comfortable than the FLC tips for long-term use.

Dec 19, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #139 of 304
Congrats on your purchase! In hindsight, I should have purchased the FLC8d too, because I've only ever used my FLC8n in the FLC8d configuration (definitely my prefered signature for the lows and ultra-lows). I agree, the shell shape is much better than that of the FLC8s and the shape of the cable connectors is also more ergonomic. To my ears, there's a small loss of isolation with the 8d/n because of the extra vent ports, but it's no big deal, as I tend to use something else anyway in situations where I need isolation. I'm also loving those SpinFit tips. I keep going back to SpinFit. They tame the treble a bit (which is sometimes needed with anything but the blue filter) and I find them more comfortable than the FLC tips for long-term use.
What type of SpinFit are you talking about?

Dec 19, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #140 of 304
Dec 25, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #143 of 304
Hi,

Does anyone use a portable USB DAC or DAP with FL8n/d that they can recommend? Impedance is pretty low 11 (sensitive) so output impedance optimally should be 1,375 or lower.

DAC options:
Hifime 9018 2 ohm
ZuperDAC-S 1.6 ohm
DragonFly below 1 ohm according to several reviews
Audirect Whistle 1ohm or less
Shanling UP below 1 ohm

DAP
This guy thinks it matches well with XDuoo X3
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xdu...less-music-player.782912/page-5#post-11988265

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #145 of 304
Hi,

Does anyone use a portable USB DAC or DAP with FL8n/d that they can recommend? Impedance is pretty low 11 (sensitive) so output impedance optimally should be 1,375 or lower.

If you're looking for small DAP, then the FLC8 worked well with Shanling M0, Fiio M3k, Lotoo Pico and Nano D3. if you can go higher in the price, there are some other options too

Dec 25, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #147 of 304
If you're looking for small DAP, then the FLC8 worked well with Shanling M0, Fiio M3k, Lotoo Pico and Nano D3. if you can go higher in the price, there are some other options too
Sure, I can go higher. This info is for everyone not just me :)
Has anyone tried it with Tempotec idsd plus AKA hidizs dh1000?
Sabaj DA2 or SMSL IDEA seems suitable in regards to output impedance: 0.4 ohm. But I heard the micro usb connection is not durable

Dec 25, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #148 of 304
Hi,

DAC options:
Hifime 9018 2 ohm
ZuperDAC-S 1.6 ohm
DragonFly below 1 ohm according to several reviews
Audirect Whistle 1ohm or less
Shanling UP below 1 ohm

DAP
This guy thinks it matches well with XDuoo X3
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xdu...less-music-player.782912/page-5#post-11988265
I find that the Radsone ES100 is a good pairing, and for a great price too.

Dec 25, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #149 of 304
Just thought of something important. Can you mention your favourite FLC8n/d configuration with you advice. And if you use silicone or foam tips. Sound taste and where you are coming from actually matter alot. I could never use foam tips due to the more warm treble while others like it. I will collect all the advice in one post later on. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back