FLC Technology - New FLC 8N - Impressions Thread
Dec 25, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #151 of 304
I only have the CP100 and the stock tips on me right now, but it does happen across the filters and both tips. I know that it is not my ears because my HE4xx sounds just fine, bass and all.
Sounds like a problem with the driver. Still under warranty?

Dec 26, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #153 of 304
I think I’ll do some tip rolling first before resorting to the warranty. Maybe my left ear is not getting a good enough seal, so I’ll try some foam tips. Has anyone here tried the Mandarin hybrid tips on these ‘phones?

Yeah definitely rule that out first. I had to switch from my spinfits too because they were losing seal too easily. I wish so much these had angled nozzles :frowning2: . The stock tips lose seal too, but go a bit deeper so they stay a little longer for me. I hate having to push them back in every few minutes... My Shures and Nuforces will stay all day (and night if I fall asleep with them) without any issue. I haven't had time to dig through my tips yet and find something that really stays but if all else fails I have some triple flanges that I know work but they can be a little uncomfortable. I ended up using those with my FLC8S, and they were the only ones that stayed in but were REALLY uncomfortable on those because the angle put painful pressure on my ear.

Did you get them from LMUE? If you did, at least you shouldn't have any issues with warranty support. Their service was great in my experience.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #154 of 304
I have the Mandarins and they are by far the best combination of seal and bass. I definitely recommend them over the stock, Spinfits, and other tips.

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #155 of 304
Hi all. I had three quick questions of anyone knows:

- do JVC Spiral Dot tips work with the FLC8N?
- are the APRV vents only for helping control the pressure from bass driver in terms of acoustics, or do they do anything in terms of reducing strain on the ear?
- given the way the connector is designed on the stock cable, does this mean aftermarket 2-pin 0.78mm cables won’t easily fit?

Thanks in advance!

Dec 27, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #156 of 304
Hi all. I had three quick questions of anyone knows:

- do JVC Spiral Dot tips work with the FLC8N?
- are the APRV vents only for helping control the pressure from bass driver in terms of acoustics, or do they do anything in terms of reducing strain on the ear?
- given the way the connector is designed on the stock cable, does this mean aftermarket 2-pin 0.78mm cables won’t easily fit?

Thanks in advance!

1. Yes
2. FLC hasn't commented the exact purpose of the vent, but it most likely is for acoustic venting than for relief of ear strain
3. The cable connectors/sockets are slightly shy of .78mm so the 3rd party 2pin cables don't fit

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #157 of 304
I've had my triple flange tips in for a few days and they are working great. They are just some cheap soft ones from china. I really don't like using these because I had one fall apart in my ear once and needed to be removed with a tweezers, but they fit perfect and sound great. Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality triple flange brand of tips that fit?

Dec 28, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #158 of 304
1. Yes
2. FLC hasn't commented the exact purpose of the vent, but it most likely is for acoustic venting than for relief of ear strain
3. The cable connectors/sockets are slightly shy of .78mm so the 3rd party 2pin cables don't fit

Many thanks for the feedback. Is there any source for decent / flexible / non-microphonic cables that would fit the FLC8N?

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #159 of 304
Many thanks for the feedback. Is there any source for decent / flexible / non-microphonic cables that would fit the FLC8N?

As the the size of the pins is more like proprietary and not an industry standard, I doubt if there are any 3rd party cables at all. Can't say for sure though.

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #160 of 304
Mine fit, but I changed the connector for an abnormally small one I found that fit my NT6-Pro

Dec 31, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #161 of 304
Has anyone compared the FLC8D or N with the IT01s, Kanas Pro, Ikko OH1 or BGVP DMG? I was looking at the FLC8D mainly for it's deep soundstage. bass quantity and airy sound, I am curious how the current "hot" IEMs compare to them.

Jan 1, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #162 of 304
I have the FLC8D and the IT01 (not 01s). The 8d has better definition for almost all instruments and voices. The IT01 has more bass extension. The IT01 reminds me a bit of my trusty LZ-A2; great bass but not quite as good treble as the FLC. But gotta admit every so often I like to experience some serious deep bass and then I pull out the IT01 or the A2.

There is not a huge difference in my opinion between the FLC8S tuned red - grey and the 8D which is basically tuned red- grey.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back