FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Sep 29, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #7,546 of 7,931
So let’s jump to $300, with the FLC8S (Review HERE). This race is significantly closer. Using the filters Red, Black, and Gunmetal, the tuning is not far off, though FLC is a little warmer, with more mid-bass to thicken the mids. As a result, FLC8S presents a slightly fuller, warmer sound. Clarity and transparency goes to IT01, with FLC not far behind. iBasso also takes it in detail retrieval, resolution, and separation. FLC’s treble, on the other hand, is a bit more refined. IT01 turns the tables again with bass, delivering better texture, speed, and resolution. Vocals are great on both, though IT01 renders bigger and more vivid. Finally, soundstage: IT01 creates a gander venue, no question.​

I will not argue with you on this since everyone is entilted to his own opinion. If you like it01 more then that's your opinion and i respect that. But what it01 or even it04 does not have is tuning options. On top of that you are fixed with the v shaped sound on it01 so let's say after 6 months you get bored of that then that's it. I keep changing the sound of my flc8s by trying various tips and filter combinations every few months.

According to crinacle's ranking it01 has a v shaped signature with a grade C and FLC8s got B. Now those who like the v shaped sound more will obviously say that they like it better then FLC's since it's their preffered signature after all like that reviewer on theheadphonelist you have quoted. I trust crinacle rankings more then some random reviews outside of head fi.

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #7,547 of 7,931
I will not argue with you on this since everyone is entilted to his own opinion. If you like it01 more then that's your opinion and i respect that. But what it01 or even it04 does not have is tuning options. On top of that you are fixed with the v shaped sound on it01 so let's say after 6 months you get bored of that then that's it. I keep changing the sound of my flc8s by trying various tips and filter combinations every few months.

According to crinacle's ranking it01 has a v shaped signature with a grade C and FLC8s got B. Now those who like the v shaped sound more will obviously say that they like it better then FLC's since it's their preffered signature after all like that reviewer on theheadphonelist you have quoted. I trust crinacle rankings more then some random reviews outside of head fi.

Mr. -~::Pinky_Powers::~- is random reviewer. Mkay...

Sep 29, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #7,549 of 7,931
I really liked @IjokerI on that website and have huge regards for him. Nowadays he doesn't* do reviews sadly. I can't say the same for others especially those who prefer v shaped signature and bassy headphone over others.

OK my friend. I surrender. Crinacle's rankings are beast mode. Thanks for educating me. So the Tier A- Massdrop Plus is the nxt lvl FLCs nowadays?

Sep 29, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #7,550 of 7,931
OK my friend. I surrender. Crinacle's rankings are beast mode. Thanks for educating me. So the Tier A- Massdrop Plus is the nxt lvl FLCs nowadays?

If i upgrade from FLC8s then it has to be an S Tier at least. Before getting these i used to listen to cheap stuff. This was my first good iem. I took this as a starting point. I want my upgrade to provide major difference not minute one.

Sep 29, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #7,551 of 7,931
If i upgrade from FLC8s then it has to be an S Tier at least. Before getting these i used to listen to cheap stuff. This was my first good iem. I took this as a starting point. I want my upgrade to provide major difference not minute one.
But to ppl who do not have IEMs going straight to Massdrop Plus is only 260€ and better quality compared to FLC8?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #7,552 of 7,931
Sorry friend, we have similar tastes in signatures and gear, but are different jokers at the end of the day. I didn't know of him whenever I first started in this hobby, but have grown to respect his opinion on gear through the years.
Oh... lJokerl was the best now his website quality is a its lowest... I'll wait for more reviews then you are alright but you are not lJokerl

Sep 29, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #7,553 of 7,931

He likes neutral iems so he is gonna rank those higher. e.g he thinks etymotic er4s is better than flc 8s .. I have both and er4s bass is no there although it wins in clarity. So I can't related to him I'm lost without the old trusty lJokerl since I can't audition myself cause I'm not in the US

Sep 29, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #7,554 of 7,931
He likes neutral iems so he is gonna rank those higher. e.g he thinks etymotic er4s is better than flc 8s .. I have both and er4s bass is no there although it wins in clarity. So I can't related to him I'm lost without the old trusty lJokerl since I can't audition myself cause I'm not in the US
I'm a fan of @crinacle - he's provided all sorts of useful contributions to this community. But rankings are tough - and they're always subjective. I have the same feelings as the above poster regarding the Etymotics. Love them for their isolation, but I wouldn't rate them above the FLC8s. FWIW, I think @crinacle has the 8s one tier too low. The only IEM I feel clearly beats them is the KSE1500/1200.

Sep 29, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #7,555 of 7,931
But to ppl who do not have IEMs going straight to Massdrop Plus is only 260€ and better quality compared to FLC8?

Massdrop Plus is similar to Etymotics from what i understand so if you something similar then maybe yes.

Yeah i remember those years very well. He used to have a ranking thread too. I don't know why he left, maybe got too busy or something.

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #7,556 of 7,931
Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #7,558 of 7,931
Changed my nozzle filter back to gunmetal after a long period. I think i got one major point that i like to share. It's this huge gap between gold and gunmetal filter.

Gold gives ultra smooth highs and perhaps too smooth that it almost losses it's sparkle. Gunmetal gives that exact sparkle i am looking for but adds grain in the lower mids. This is a compromise!

I hope @Flcforrestwei makes some sort of cross filter between the two so we can have grain free mids of gold and that added sparke of gumnetal in one.

And nothing beats stock tips in terms of sound output, my spinfits cp145 are back in the box.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #7,559 of 7,931
Changed my nozzle filter back to gunmetal after a long period. I think i got one major point that i like to share. It's this huge gap between gold and gunmetal filter.

Gold gives ultra smooth highs and perhaps too smooth that it almost losses it's sparkle. Gunmetal gives that exact sparkle i am looking for but adds grain in the lower mids. This is a compromise!

I hope @Flcforrestwei makes some sort of cross filter between the two so we can have grain free mids of gold and that added sparke of gumnetal in one.

And nothing beats stock tips in terms of sound output, my spinfits cp145 are back in the box.
You can take the filter out off the Gold to get the sound you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back