FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #7,531 of 7,931
If you find an answer to that, please come back and post it here. I think you'll struggle to find anything that truly beats the 8N or 8S for < $500. At least I haven't. Not yet.

Thanks for the suggestion @thejoker13 - it's always useful to get feedback on what others consider an upgrade. Can you post some photos of the T66s with their tips removed, side-by-side with your 8s (for size comparison)? I own some ToneKing (T0200) earbuds, and they're really good. Fairly neutral, with no outrageous resonance peaks - no peaky treble or flabby bass. They're also very well built, with detachable mmcx cables - with most other manufacturers you'd struggle even to find an mmcx cable that good for that price :)

But the problem I have with most multi-BA IEMs is they're usually pretty large (Westone and the Rose Mini series are about the only exceptions to this), so getting a good fit/seal can be a crapshoot. The other issue is that in order to boost the upper treble, the nozzle diameters get very wide, creating even more problems for the fit/seal. Those T66s nozzles look quite chunky. Are they?

I agree that it's hard to find an upgrade anywhere near the 8s/8n price point. The T66s came as a complete surprise to me and I'm constantly more and more impressed with their sonics. I can post a picture then comparing the 8s's and the t66s's nozzles, but I can tell you that the t66s are fairly large, but not much more than the 8s's nozzles. Actually, I can easily swap tips back and forth between the 2. The shell and nozzles are larger than what I'm generally used to, but I'm lucky thst they absolutely fit my ears like a glove, but I do feel like someone with small ears and canals may have some potential issues.

Sep 27, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #7,532 of 7,931
Thanks. Do you recommend any other iem(under $500) that can give good vocal depth and is equally good with 8N? I was thinking of IT04 but looks like it has the same issue.

Yes, I hear the IT04 has a U-Shaped sound, which wouldn't give the vocal depth. Based on the feedback from one of my friends, the Etymotic ER4XR or the Massdrop Plus would be better at vocal depth than the 8N.

Sep 27, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #7,533 of 7,931
Yes, I hear the IT04 has a U-Shaped sound, which wouldn't give the vocal depth. Based on the feedback from one of my friends, the Etymotic ER4XR or the Massdrop Plus would be better at vocal depth than the 8N.
Awesome . I just gone through few reviews of MD+ and looks like it has very good vocals. FLC isnt bad either ..... cant decide yet. Thanks for the pointers. I wish someone comes up with demo centers for these which will make our lifes easy.

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #7,535 of 7,931
Even under $1000 there is no other iem that offers this level of customization which sounds this good. FLC8s offers infinite level of sound tuning options. Even stock tips sound different with black being more bassy and white being brighter between the two.

Sep 28, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #7,539 of 7,931
I bought my pair of T66s off of aliexpress, but they can also be found on taobao as well.
I will be receiving my T88k next week finally, so I'll be able to do a side by side comparison then. Just strictly going by frequency graphs and my very short listening impressions of the T88k, the T66s are more balanced with more evened out bass from sub to high bass, where as the T88k are subbass monsters, in my opinion. The T66s have almost liquid, smooth mids that still are very detailed even with a warmer tuning. I will be able to do a more detailed comparison as early as next weekend then. I still hold the 8s in high regard for their technicality and tuning flexablity, but they have been shelved since I acquired the T66s, they're that good in my opinion.
@LibiSC

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #7,540 of 7,931
I bought my pair of T66s off of aliexpress, but they can also be found on taobao as well.
I will be receiving my T88k next week finally, so I'll be able to do a side by side comparison then. Just strictly going by frequency graphs and my very short listening impressions of the T88k, the T66s are more balanced with more evened out bass from sub to high bass, where as the T88k are subbass monsters, in my opinion. The T66s have almost liquid, smooth mids that still are very detailed even with a warmer tuning. I will be able to do a more detailed comparison as early as next weekend then. I still hold the 8s in high regard for their technicality and tuning flexablity, but they have been shelved since I acquired the T66s, they're that good in my opinion.
@LibiSC

I bought flc8s after your recommendation so i trust you 100% (you are same joker from the headphonelist right?) so i will buy it. I was looking for an upgrade for a while

Sep 28, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #7,541 of 7,931
Even under $1000 there is no other iem that offers this level of customization which sounds this good. FLC8s offers infinite level of sound tuning options. Even stock tips sound different with black being more bassy and white being brighter between the two.

So let’s jump to $300, with the FLC8S (Review HERE). This race is significantly closer. Using the filters Red, Black, and Gunmetal, the tuning is not far off, though FLC is a little warmer, with more mid-bass to thicken the mids. As a result, FLC8S presents a slightly fuller, warmer sound. Clarity and transparency goes to IT01, with FLC not far behind. iBasso also takes it in detail retrieval, resolution, and separation. FLC’s treble, on the other hand, is a bit more refined. IT01 turns the tables again with bass, delivering better texture, speed, and resolution. Vocals are great on both, though IT01 renders bigger and more vivid. Finally, soundstage: IT01 creates a gander venue, no question.​

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #7,544 of 7,931
I bought flc8s after your recommendation so i trust you 100% (you are same joker from the headphonelist right?) so i will buy it. I was looking for an upgrade for a while
Sorry friend, we have similar tastes in signatures and gear, but are different jokers at the end of the day. I didn't know of him whenever I first started in this hobby, but have grown to respect his opinion on gear through the years.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #7,545 of 7,931
As much as I like the IT01 (and its a great value) I don't think it is in the same category of the FLC8 family. The IT01 has very satisfying deep bass, but it just does not have the details like the FLC8. I have not heard the IT04 yet but that is more likely to give the FLC8 a real run for the money.

For what its worth, I would not use red - black -gunmetal as a reference setting for comparing to other IEMs. The black provides quite a bit of bass; and colors the sound a fair amount. Red - Gray - Gunmetal is a better reference choice to my ear.

But then again red - black - gunmetal may be a fair representation of the IT01 sound signature; I just don't think that tuning shows the audiophile chops of the FLC8 all that well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back