FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Feb 22, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #7,129 of 7,931
I just got this used off Amazon US. Replacing my Vsonic BE.

Using Red/Grey/Gunmetal Blu w/Comply tips rn. Gold was amazing but I think I like neutral sound better.. I think :)

Didn't come with a manual so I watched Forrest's video and learned a lot.

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #7,131 of 7,931
Broke;
I alternate between red/grey/gunmetal and grey/grey/gunmetal all the time.

I usually go gunmetal but periodically go back to gold for grins and giggles.

I went back to gold after trying it for 3 minutes when I first got it, along with black for the bass plug. I think I'll stick with this awhile, gold filter is really more to this IEM's benefit :). Bass is hit or miss w/ black plug (doesn't miss by much, but I feel like it's almost too much for this IEM sometimes, though it doesn't slam that hard). I listen to a lot of hip-hop though, so the risk is needed.:slot_machine:

Gun metal was definitely something special too though, will probably end up doing the same as you switching back and forth XD

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #7,136 of 7,931
Lets see. Pay the mortgage, pay the car payment, or buy a Celeste. What say you?
51szOQ3wnoL._SX463_.jpg

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #7,137 of 7,931
I'm really digging the FLC8S after comparing to se846 and even CF Andromedas. Can't beat FLC8S for value as it seems to be very musical with a good amount of oomph (red/grey/grey).

However....
The stock cable is just horrible.

What is considered to be the best replacement cables for the FLC8S?

Using the Litz stock cable on the Andromeda is a dream, perfect length too.

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #7,138 of 7,931
However....

Horrible? Yes... Yes it is.

I ordered a cable from Penon for about $30, but it turned green after 6 wks everywhere the cable touches skin.
Doesn't affect sound of course, but looks terrible.

Then I got an Ethos cable from Null Audio, ordered without earguides.
IMO, very close to what you're looking for with comparison to the Andro's cable.
Was about $75, if memory serves. I highly recommend it.

Feb 24, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #7,139 of 7,931
I'm really digging the FLC8S after comparing to se846 and even CF Andromedas. Can't beat FLC8S for value as it seems to be very musical with a good amount of oomph (red/grey/grey).

However....

Using the Litz stock cable on the Andromeda is a dream, perfect length too.

I agree with your conclusions. I do like the Andromeda FR, but it comes with the worst ergonomically-shaped design I've yet seen in an IEM. You know an IEM is going to sit in a conchal bowl/ear canal, so why make it out of metal with sharp corners? Makes no sense.

Horrible? Yes... Yes it is.

I ordered a cable from Penon for about $30, but it turned green after 6 wks everywhere the cable touches skin.
Doesn't affect sound of course, but looks terrible.

Then I got an Ethos cable from Null Audio, ordered without earguides.
IMO, very close to what you're looking for with comparison to the Andro's cable.
Was about $75, if memory serves. I highly recommend it.

Does the Ethos cable come with the correct-sized pins for the FLC8S? Can you share a photo??

Feb 24, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #7,140 of 7,931
Does the Ethos cable come with the correct-sized pins for the FLC8S? Can you share a photo??

I ordered the Ethos with the TF10 connectors/pins and they're close to the right size. Very slightly large.
I will try to take some pics and post when I can, but I'm not near my earphones ATM.
Aesthetically, it even looks very much like the CA litz cable. Perhaps a brighter/shinier white, very supple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back