FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Nov 11, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #5,341 of 7,931
  Wut, I thought that was only Fedex? D: 

Not happy with fedex right now myself.  They are holding my order of a single opamp and 2 mmcx connectors at customs... What?  

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #5,343 of 7,931
Can anyone recommend a DAP for pairing with the FLC 8S (and probably Celeste in the future)? Right now I am just using my Phone (Huawei Honor 8).

I thought about getting Chord Mojo or Oppo HA2 but listening to music on my phone annoys the hell out of me because of texts/calls and notifications interrupting it.  Are there any solutions to this problem that I'm missing?

Are there any DAP with SQ similar to Chord Mojo for a reasonable price?

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #5,344 of 7,931
  How much did your declare? Did you bought the stuff from Mouser?

Yeah, from mouser.  I didn't declare anything and it is obviously well below the duty free allotment in South Korea of $150.  Been stuck with a "Importer must provide instructions." flag for a few days now but Fedex still hasn't contacted me... I order a TON of stuff from overseas and I only ever seem to have problems with customs when Fedex is the delivery service.  

My FLC8S came in 2 business days via DHL from LMUE haha.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #5,345 of 7,931
For a mid-tier DAP, I really like the Shanling M5. It's a fantastic DAP. I've sent it around to several people, and I think there was only one person who didn't like it straight away. It's a very good option and has very smooth sound. For a bit more excitement, Cayin N5 is another good mid-tier DAP. Both are more conventional DAP. Cayin i5 is another option if you prefer a touchscreen DAP. It's a bit more expensive, but it has the ability to run third-party Android apps. All use AKM4490 for the DAC. I'm finding I really like sources that use that chipset.

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #5,346 of 7,931
  Yeah, from mouser.  I didn't declare anything and it is obviously well below the duty free allotment in South Korea of $150.  Been stuck with a "Importer must provide instructions." flag for a few days now but Fedex still hasn't contacted me... I order a TON of stuff from overseas and I only ever seem to have problems with customs when Fedex is the delivery service.  

My FLC8S came in 2 business days via DHL from LMUE haha.

Dam, you are scr%)# i guess... :S 
Yes that's what i thought initially. Fedex would add in freight fare, and handling fee even thought you use Fedex shipping.

For my case is anything over 120 USD will be taxed. So what Fedex do is, item declared is 80 USD. They throw in freight fare (out of no where) 60 USD , handling fee of 40 USD iirc. Then total came out 180 USD, they charge sales tax, and another fee for they are paying behalf of you.

They didn't even notify me anything. Just came to my place and ask me to pay a sum of 20+ USD before handling the parcel.

LMUE declare it really low, so I have no problem with that as well. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #5,350 of 7,931
  Did anyone try grey/clear/gunmetal blue(black) combination? It might look weird, but it actually sounds really good, like really good. It's like I unlocked the full potential of flc8s...that sparkle...

going to try this combo out...why not
and the shiny plastic red filter would be now the shiny gray filter, right (just to be sure) ?

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #5,351 of 7,931
Some short impressions. I have some other reviews to write so I'm making this short:

Amazing. Pretty much blows out all my other gear. Currently using Red/Clear/Gunmetal. Soundstage is quite impressive in all three directions. Even more impressive is the imaging. Super clean and with almost border-line analytical detail level. I tend to switch around Red/Grey/Gunmetal, Red/Clear/Gunmetal, Red/Grey/Green and Grey/Clear/Gunmetal. Blue is too muted for me personally. Gold takes away from the imaging, vocals get too upfront IMO. Red/Grey/Gun is my favorite and represents an almost perfect U-Shape. (Maybe just a touch more treble could be nice). It's not overly smooth, which I welcome. I don't think anyone would be bored with these. Almost perfect tuning in terms of coherence. There is no apparent sonic weakness I can think of.

Flcforrestwei well done.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #5,352 of 7,931
Some short impressions. I have some other reviews to write so I'm making this short:

Amazing. Pretty much blows out all my other gear. Currently using Red/Clear/Gunmetal. Soundstage is quite impressive in all three directions. Even more impressive is the imaging. Super clean and with almost border-line analytical detail level. I tend to switch around Red/Grey/Gunmetal, Red/Clear/Gunmetal, Red/Grey/Green and Grey/Clear/Gunmetal. Blue is too muted for me personally. Gold takes away from the imaging, vocals get too upfront IMO. Red/Grey/Gun is my favorite and represents an almost perfect U-Shape. (Maybe just a touch more treble could be nice). It's not overly smooth, which I welcome. I don't think anyone would be bored with these. Almost perfect tuning in terms of coherence. There is no apparent sonic weakness I can think of.

@Flcforrestwei well done.

I'm glad you've joined our crazy gang of FLC devotees @FUYU. Hopefully Forrest will make it to Munich, so you can grab a listen to Celeste before release!

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #5,353 of 7,931
going to try this combo out...why not
and the shiny plastic red filter would be now the shiny gray filter, right (just to be sure) ?

The plastic screw shaped is the ULF filter and I think either red or grey is upto personal preference, but red is too much for me. The rubber is clear color (white) and the metal filter is black. This may be the only combination that actually sounds right to my ears with the gun metal LF/HF filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back