FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Nov 6, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #5,296 of 7,931
  I am going to try spinfit tips.  I have some on the way.  If they don't work out for me, I will sadly have to return these.  The triple flange I am using now are functional and sound great but they are just too uncomfortable for long periods.

It might be worth trying the Meelec dual-flange tips for their M6. They fit perfectly on the nozzle, and they could be a good compromise between the triple-flanges you're using and the Spinfits (if they don't work out). 

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #5,297 of 7,931

It might be worth trying the Meelec dual-flange tips for their M6. They fit perfectly on the nozzle, and they could be a good compromise between the triple-flanges you're using and the Spinfits (if they don't work out). 

I tried those but I had trouble keeping a seal once I wrapped the wire over my ear.  

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #5,298 of 7,931
Celeste is in the universal version of the FLC8C wheels, so yes they have angled nozzles and a larger, more form fitting shape.

I hear everyone about the lack of angled nozzles with FLC8S, but the shells are really small so I can jam them in at an angle that works for me. I've found this can be better than shells with angled nozzles because some of the angles just never work with my canals and I get sound cutting out - especially with my right ear. I never, ever get that with FLC8S.

Yep, the small shell compensates it. 

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #5,299 of 7,931
Guess I was lucky to have a "generic" ear shape that find very less universal iem uncomfortable to me (except UE TF10) :p
Spinfit tips are worth to try (JDM version is better) or other soft material tips e.g. Sony hybrid tips, Ortofon tips, Monoprice tips

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #5,300 of 7,931
  Guess I was lucky to have a "generic" ear shape that find very less universal iem uncomfortable to me (except UE TF10) :p
Spinfit tips are worth to try (JDM version is better) or other soft material tips e.g. Sony hybrid tips, Ortofon tips, Monoprice tips

Well, the Japanese version of Spinfit are not real spinfit. Spinfit originated from Taiwan and is the true OEM country for recent batches. Just putting it out there to solve confusion on Japanese spinfit vs OEM spinfit. Please refer to:

Originally Posted by moedawg140 

The most up-to-date info that I found out from SpinFit is this:

The CP100/CP101 are the Muse tips, that are old products that SpinFit OEMs.  SpinFit also OEMs to TTR Corporation (trdsn.com) as TTR themselves told me that they have a retail contract with SpinFit (this is the company my SpinFit tips came from).

SpinFit is actually a Taiwanese company, but since they supply to Japan, people have the impression that SpinFit is a Japanese company, when in fact, they are not.

SpinFit says that they were doing OEM and now they just started to do their own branding. Currently, they are still working on their packaging.  They also say that they now will remodel and rebrand the tips.  They told me that they are still in process.

SpinFit says that currently they are starting to build up their own brand and are improving their productions for better quality too. Now they have more colors as well.  They also said that it is taking longer than expected as they do not have experience in doing final product.

They are very new, but I am looking forward to their future endeavors, and glad that they are creating new and improved products under their own company name.

SpinFit informed me that Jaben's SpinFit are the new batch from SpinFit's production as they currently only appoint Jaben as their reseller. Those are not Muse or an old batch. They are new.

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #5,301 of 7,931
Wow, didn't know so many other people had a problem with the nozzle angle besides me. If anyone's used any IEMs by campfire audio I'd appreciate some input on how comfortable they are compared to the FLC8S as the shell I'm designing for the 8s to mill out may be shaped like something in between the stock FLC8S shell and the traditional CFA shell they use with their BA models.

Just wondering as well, would anyone be genuinely interested in reshells of their FLC8S into aluminum, more ergonomic housings? I don't know if I can cover prototyping costs without knowing if there's other people at least interested in the idea if it comes to fruition. Let me know what you guys think, I'll upload rough models if enough people are interested

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #5,302 of 7,931
Not to say I can't use Campfire IEMs, I can use the Nova for a fair while before discomfort sets in (as long as most IEMs really), but I'd be honestly rather shocked if anyone felt the Campfire design was more ergonomic than the FLC8. 

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #5,303 of 7,931

Well, the Japanese version of Spinfit are not real spinfit. Spinfit originated from Taiwan and is the true OEM country for recent batches. Just putting it out there to solve confusion on Japanese spinfit vs OEM spinfit. Please refer to:

Originally Posted by moedawg140 

The most up-to-date info that I found out from SpinFit is this:

The CP100/CP101 are the Muse tips, that are old products that SpinFit OEMs.  SpinFit also OEMs to TTR Corporation (trdsn.com) as TTR themselves told me that they have a retail contract with SpinFit (this is the company my SpinFit tips came from).

SpinFit is actually a Taiwanese company, but since they supply to Japan, people have the impression that SpinFit is a Japanese company, when in fact, they are not.

SpinFit says that they were doing OEM and now they just started to do their own branding. Currently, they are still working on their packaging.  They also say that they now will remodel and rebrand the tips.  They told me that they are still in process.

SpinFit says that currently they are starting to build up their own brand and are improving their productions for better quality too. Now they have more colors as well.  They also said that it is taking longer than expected as they do not have experience in doing final product.

They are very new, but I am looking forward to their future endeavors, and glad that they are creating new and improved products under their own company name.

Yup, agree with you, Spinfit is indeed made in Taiwan, regardless the "Japan" version or "global" version.

I never mentioned a "made-in-Japan" spinfit version, rather a "JDM" spinfit version (i.e. JDM is unnecessarily made-in-Japan).

I was referring to image below (made in Taiwan, JDM, has red nozzle, and softer material compared to the "global" version) 
beerchug.gif

Regarding it is a "real" Spinfit or Muse or TTR or whatever, still the packaging says Spinfit, which what I as an end customer would address it hehe

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #5,304 of 7,931
I'd not heard of comfort issues (besides the cable) for the FLC8(S) until now. They have one of the smallest housings with no attempt to imitate the contours of the ear like many others do. By contrast, I find the highly touted Shure housing to be so unbearable that the 846's went straight back in the box to Amazon after about 10 mins.

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #5,305 of 7,931
  Not to say I can't use Campfire IEMs, I can use the Nova for a fair while before discomfort sets in (as long as most IEMs really), but I'd be honestly rather shocked if anyone felt the Campfire design was more ergonomic than the FLC8. 

Oh no, campfire audio is by no means more ergonomic than the FLC8s. I may have muffled my words, I just wanted to make the sure the shell I've designed retains most of the ergonomics of the FLC8S. To me, style is a factor at play as well. I do enjoy the general look of campfire audio's products, but still prioritize comfort over look. Its about striking a nice balance between the two. I know many people find the Shure / Westone IEMs to fit nicely and might want to take a look at incorporating some of those elements. I will also change the 2 pin to the mmcx connector as those are my preferred style of cables to use.

Nov 9, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #5,310 of 7,931
Hi, I am a fresh owner of FLC8s. They arrived just today and I think I have a problem with a cable, but I'm not sure. In the beginning I had problems with connection. While moving cabe close to plug I was loosing sound in the left earphone. I don't know how this is possible but after few hours it wen away. My other problem is a background / cable noise. I have it on both Sony ZX1 and SMSL M2. It really annoying. Can you recomend me a not very expensive cable that will get rid of this noise? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back