FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 14, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #3,722 of 7,931
hidizs ap100?

Yep. Got it used from ebay with a super good deal. It pairs well with the FLC8S - slightly less warm than X3, but the details really shine and a larger soundstage. 

May 14, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #3,723 of 7,931
  No love for spiral dot on flc?

rolleyes.gif

Love the spiral dots a lot, myself... they're the tip I usually settle on for actually most IEMs (also because the L size really fits my ear canals well, while with a lot of others I don't get a seal, lol - but we all have different ears, of course).

May 14, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,724 of 7,931
  Love the spiral dots a lot, myself... they're the tip I usually settle on for actually most IEMs (also because the L size really fits my ear canals well, while with a lot of others I don't get a seal, lol - but we all have different ears, of course).

Same for me. Except that I use ML. Funny how I first started bought the M, then the L then finally the ML.. 
rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #3,725 of 7,931
Same for me. Except that I use ML. Funny how I first started bought the M, then the L then finally the ML.. :rolleyes:
YESH i either use stock or spiral dots.Both sound good. Thank you Flcforrestwei. Pls allow production of flc9 as soon as possible so I can get from LMUE.

May 14, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #3,727 of 7,931
Shhhh, don't stress @Flcforrestwei
 , he might not get the right tuning if you stress him.. :frowning2:

Give him some time :D
Basically Red Grey Gold that surpasses flc8s with silver cable :p better mids, more boost in upper mids, controlled highs, addictive sub bass, no mid bass slam, moderate level of treble dont be too extreme like ie800 and this is TOTL.

May 14, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #3,728 of 7,931
Basically Red Grey Gold that surpasses flc8s with silver cable :p better mids, more boost in upper mids, controlled highs, addictive sub bass, no mid bass slam, moderate level of treble dont be too extreme like ie800 and this is TOTL.

Great description of FLC8S. It's a superb IEM even without the customization potential. I quickly was able to hone in on the best filter configuration. Although I don't particularly mind the cable, the original FLC8 cable is a nice option. The only potential downside I see is what happened to Audeo when they came out with a release that was five times the price of their original release, that was so good it was hard to improve on by an order of magnitude, which corresponded with their price. FLC clearly has several options here and Forrest is clearly a very skilled audiophile, and I am very confident he will come up with several desirable options. In any event I am very thrilled with FLC8S, and will likely not upgrade but I am thrilled to see what he can do without price constraints.

May 14, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #3,729 of 7,931
Well,

I'm not really seeing too much of a problem with the cable.  It was very windy out here today, and I walked the dogs with the FLC 8S on, and then laid in the hammock drinking beer and listening to Fleetwood for several hours.   And I'm not noticing much microphonics.  Sure, there is a little bit of wind noise there, but it doesn't detract from the headphones much at all.

The cinch is clearly an area where corners were cut though, but should be fairly easy to mod/reinforce.

I did try out Red/Grey/Gold, and I think I liked the default configuration (Grey/Grey/Gold?) better, at least for progressive and classic rock, of which most of my reference tracks are.

And I did install the Comply tips.  They are nice.

May 14, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #3,730 of 7,931
Well,

I'm not really seeing too much of a problem with the cable.  It was very windy out here today, and I walked the dogs with the FLC 8S on, and then laid in the hammock drinking beer and listening to Fleetwood for several hours.   And I'm not noticing much microphonics.  Sure, there is a little bit of wind noise there, but it doesn't detract from the headphones much at all.

The cinch is clearly an area where corners were cut though, but should be fairly easy to mod/reinforce.

I did try out Red/Grey/Gold, and I think I liked the default configuration (Grey/Grey/Gold?) better, at least for progressive and classic rock, of which most of my reference tracks are.

And I did install the Comply tips.  They are nice.

Thanks for checking back in after a bit of use!

Just curious, what source are you using?
:beerchug:

May 14, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #3,731 of 7,931
Great description of FLC8S. It's a superb IEM even without the customization potential. I quickly was able to hone in on the best filter configuration. Although I don't particularly mind the cable, the original FLC8 cable is a nice option. The only potential downside I see is what happened to Audeo when they came out with a release that was five times the price of their original release, that was so good it was hard to improve on by an order of magnitude, which corresponded with their price. FLC clearly has several options here and Forrest is clearly a very skilled audiophile, and I am very confident he will come up with several desirable options. In any event I am very thrilled with FLC8S, and will likely not upgrade but I am thrilled to see what he can do without price constraints.

Price is key indeed.

May 14, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #3,732 of 7,931
Thanks for checking back in after a bit of use!

Just curious, what source are you using?
beerchug.gif

Primarily, a Samsung Note 3 with Spotify Premium set to "extreme quality".  I have a Fiio E10K and USB OTG cable, and use that about half the time usually -- but with these, I'm not able to notice as much of a difference as with my old IEMs (Shure E3c) or my fullsize headphones (ATH-M50X, HD598).

Will write some more detailed thoughts tomorrow.

May 14, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #3,733 of 7,931
The ideal sound I pursue.

First of all, I have to say that I'm a idealized man, before I make FLC earphone, worked for a famous US acoustics company for many years, the joy was very easy to me, so I had a lot of spare time, and I addicted in playing Pingpong at that time, but I never satisfied with my paddle, so I spent a lot of time to find My ideal paddle, I bought over 5  pieces of  base paddle and over 10 kinds of rubber/foam sets, I switched the rubber/foam sets from this paddle to that paddle, but just haven't get My ideal paddle combination till now, My ideal paddle is that when the ball hit the paddle, it just like hit through the rubber/foam set and touch the paddle base directly, and a very crisp sound is got. I have to say that that’s the perfect match of the base paddle, the foam and the rubber.

(By the way, The common paddle sounds [du] [du] [du] the good one sounds [dʌ] [dʌ] [dʌ], the perfect paddle sounds [pe] [pe] [pe], if you careful enough, I think you already notice all profession matches the paddles all sound [pe] [pe] [pe])

I just bought a very expensive base paddle, the Stiga EBENHOLZ NCT V, it cost me about 200 USD, I hope I’ll get the ideal paddle this time.

I think listen music with earphone just like play Pingpang, the good paddle needs the perfect match of base paddle , foam and the rubber, a perfect sound from a earphone needs a perfect match of DAP(and amplifier), cable and earphone. A good DAP provides a good and powerful music signal, a good cable is capable to transfer the good and power signal, the good earphone is the end terminal, it would be full driven and realized the perfect signal DAP(and amplifier) provided.

The first time I heard the perfect sound from earphone is five years ago, the earphone is our first generation product, it’s 1DD+1BA hybrid, a customer brought it to me, but he changed the  cable, the DAP was a Sony recorder with a very big amplifier. 5 years passed, but I never forget the sound, it’s a full driven earphone sound, the background treble is so soft, it’s totally separate from the vocal, and the treble feels like extend to infinity, sometimes when a music starts, you didn’t notice it at all, it just like came from heaven, came closer with notable speed, so soft so nature. The bass is the same, it’s  soft, loose, comfortable but very powerful at the same time, the momentum is overwhelm, but you never have the oppressive feeling.

That’s the ideal sound I pursue, but honest, it’s very hard to get, usually a very big and complicated amplifier is needed to drive the earphone

But now, I think I got the perfect sound even with convenient portable DAP, it’s our new flagship, which will come out about 3~4 months.

May 15, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #3,735 of 7,931

yes forrest is definitely a skilled audiophile. though he has not tried many totl iems, he knows what good sound
tongue_smile.gif

The ideal sound I pursue.

First of all, I have to say that I'm a idealized man, before I make FLC earphone, worked for a famous US acoustics company for many years, the joy was very easy to me, so I had a lot of spare time, and I addicted in playing Pingpong at that time, but I never satisfied with my paddle, so I spent a lot of time to find My ideal paddle, I bought over 5  pieces of  base paddle and over 10 kinds of rubber/foam sets, I switched the rubber/foam sets from this paddle to that paddle, but just haven't get My ideal paddle combination till now, My ideal paddle is that when the ball hit the paddle, it just like hit through the rubber/foam set and touch the paddle base directly, and a very crisp sound is got. I have to say that that’s the perfect match of the base paddle, the foam and the rubber.

(By the way, The common paddle sounds [du] [du] [du] the good one sounds [dʌ] [dʌ] [dʌ], the perfect paddle sounds [pe] [pe] [pe], if you careful enough, I think you already notice all profession matches the paddles all sound [pe] [pe] [pe])

I just bought a very expensive base paddle, the Stiga EBENHOLZ NCT V, it cost me about 200 USD, I hope I’ll get the ideal paddle this time.

I think listen music with earphone just like play Pingpang, the good paddle needs the perfect match of base paddle , foam and the rubber, a perfect sound from a earphone needs a perfect match of DAP(and amplifier), cable and earphone. A good DAP provides a good and powerful music signal, a good cable is capable to transfer the good and power signal, the good earphone is the end terminal, it would be full driven and realized the perfect signal DAP(and amplifier) provided.

The first time I heard the perfect sound from earphone is five years ago, the earphone is our first generation product, it’s 1DD+1BA hybrid, a customer brought it to me, but he changed the  cable, the DAP was a Sony recorder with a very big amplifier. 5 years passed, but I never forget the sound, it’s a full driven earphone sound, the background treble is so soft, it’s totally separate from the vocal, and the treble feels like extend to infinity, sometimes when a music starts, you didn’t notice it at all, it just like came from heaven, came closer with notable speed, so soft so nature. The bass is the same, it’s  soft, loose, comfortable but very powerful at the same time, the momentum is overwhelm, but you never have the oppressive feeling.

That’s the ideal sound I pursue, but honest, it’s very hard to get, usually a very big and complicated amplifier is needed to drive the earphone

But now, I think I got the perfect sound even with convenient portable DAP, it’s our new flagship, which will come out about 3~4 months.

thank you for more great stuffs
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back