FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 13, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #3,706 of 7,931
  Am I the only one who find the mid-range just slightly fatiguing - no matter which filter I try?  EQing the bump between 1-2 kHz out a bit actually helps a lot.

Probably not the only one :) It is at borderline of becoming fatiguing for me, just slightly though. While the EQing 1~2khz does a lot to help balance things, but as you bump that area it becomes more mid centric, loses some of that mid-upper magic and the fact that you would have to lower your volume means you lose other areas.

I don't know a lot of EQing, but maybe lower 2~4khz instead? It definitely made the mids less fatiguing for me.

May 13, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #3,707 of 7,931
I actually meant lowering the bump at 1-2 kHz. The last thing I'd do is raise it any higher :wink:

May 13, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #3,708 of 7,931
I actually meant lowering the bump at 1-2 kHz. The last thing I'd do is raise it any higher
wink.gif

lol. Indeed.

May 13, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #3,710 of 7,931
Welp,

Earlier this week, I asked this thread if these would be a good option for me, looking for a good midrange IEM and coming from a ten year pair of E3c, comparing to various options from shure and westone.

Signal2Noise, dlayman, audio123, and nmatheis were my enablers.

They just got here.  And my mind is blown.

I haven't tried any of the filters other than the stock ones yet, but mine came with the gold nozzles as the default?  I thought it would all be grey as the default.  I was planning on going Red, grey, gold.  Right now I'll just keep as is for the burn-in period at least.

EVERYTHING sounds good so far, and I've really run the gamut of genres and recording quality.  Driving with a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, with and without Fiio E10k.

Going to be listening to some epic prog rock for the rest of the night, i think.

May 13, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #3,711 of 7,931
Welp,

Earlier this week, I asked this thread if these would be a good option for me, looking for a good midrange IEM and coming from a ten year pair of E3c, comparing to various options from shure and westone.

I haven't tried any of the filters other than the stock ones yet, but mine came with the gold nozzles as the default?  I thought it would all be grey as the default.  I was planning on going Red, grey, gold.  Right now I'll just keep as is for the burn-in period at least.

EVERYTHING sounds good so far, and I've really run the gamut of genres and recording quality.  Driving with a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, with and without Fiio E10k.

Going to be listening to some epic prog rock for the rest of the night, i think.

Gold is now the default nozzle, despite what the included literature says. And it works very well indeed. Both the gray and red sub-bass filters work very well in my opinion. Red is a bit better, but can lead to some driver flex if that is a concern. E3C was my first journey into the IEM world, and I almost gave up on it until I got away from Shure. I like their phono cartridges so thought their IEM's would be good too. Not so much.

May 13, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #3,712 of 7,931
  Welp,

thank you. it is one of the best mid range iem you can get in the market atm. enjoy!
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #3,713 of 7,931
May 13, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #3,716 of 7,931
Flc8s is a must get iem to a point I am considering getting another flc8s of different colour but since the new flagship is coming :wink:

May 13, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #3,717 of 7,931
tried the 2002 at canjam but guess who is the winner here

I have both right now and can pm you. Please remind me what your preferred FLC config is so I can comment specifically on that.

Am I the only one who find the mid-range just slightly fatiguing - no matter which filter I try?  EQing the bump between 1-2 kHz out a bit actually helps a lot.

Nope, but I bet you knew that given my well-known love for FLC8S :wink:

robokevin: I'm very glad you received these and are enjoying them. Keep us updated as you work your way through different configurations!
:beerchug:

May 13, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #3,718 of 7,931
Just brought out the FLC8S after a long, long hiatus (because of exams) and plugged them in to my recently purchased AP100. 

Someone remind me how much these things are and how glorious the mids are again? These truly are great IEMs.

May 14, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #3,719 of 7,931
Just brought out the FLC8S after a long, long hiatus (because of exams) and plugged them in to my recently purchased AP100. 

Someone remind me how much these things are and how glorious the mids are again? These truly are great IEMs.
hidizs ap100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back