FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
May 15, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #3,736 of 7,931
I had the opportunity to try out the FLC8 at Lendmeurears's audition store by the owner's recommendation

Because these 3 are different tunings, I went for the recommended "balanced" spec but with a gold tube instead of a gun blue tube for higher HF.

First impressions is that it is my cup of tea, it has a very nice treble response and has mids which are neither too forward nor shrouded behind some grass.
It also has bass which has good enough response without being boomy or too much impact that it drowns out the rest of the frequency range or having no impact, the comfort is not bad it is quite a small hybrid but it's not cheap either at 300$+ as far as budget hunting goes my favorite of the day was the DUNU Titan 1

But this is the FLC8 thread and the flexibility to be able to tweak 3 different parameters, sound tube, sound tuning port just next to the sound tube and a rear port which improves the soundstage as it's fairly well separated but not that wide. I did not try the other configurations as I'm sure not to like them since I know I like a flat response with medium bass response.

Distortion is minimal in the treble but has a tiny bit of distortion in the bass area.

May 15, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #3,737 of 7,931
  I had the opportunity to try out the FLC8 at Lendmeurears's audition store by the owner's recommendation

Because these 3 are different tunings, I went for the recommended "balanced" spec but with a gold tube instead of a gun blue tube for higher HF.

First impressions is that it is my cup of tea, it has a very nice treble response and has mids which are neither too forward nor shrouded behind some grass.
It also has bass which has good enough response without being boomy or too much impact that it drowns out the rest of the frequency range or having no impact, the comfort is not bad it is quite a small hybrid but it's not cheap either at 300$+ as far as budget hunting goes my favorite of the day was the DUNU Titan 1

But this is the FLC8 thread and the flexibility to be able to tweak 3 different parameters, sound tube, sound tuning port just next to the sound tube and a rear port which improves the soundstage as it's fairly well separated but not that wide. I did not try the other configurations as I'm sure not to like them since I know I like a flat response with medium bass response.

Distortion is minimal in the treble but has a tiny bit of distortion in the bass area.

you have yet to try red grey gold which will blow u away!
tongue.gif

May 15, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #3,741 of 7,931
The way pop music are mastered these days are such bliss with mojo and flc8s...
flc8s is a gift to the audiophile world. For the first time, i will give a 10/10 for an iem exclude the stock cable. Hehe :p

May 15, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #3,742 of 7,931
Flcforrestwei please recreate a new cable. 1.2m with 8 braid and oyaide jack for the new flc flagship. Flc8s stock cable is really one of the worst. ;p

May 15, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #3,745 of 7,931
I received my FLC 8s some days ago and have been listening to it on and off. Changing filters and just getting
used to the sound signature. Mids and details ara the best i have ever heard in a phone. But ok i have never heard
a 500 usd plus phone
smile_phones.gif
. In my ears bass is lacking without being bad i miss a little slam/bang. Maybe this is
because the mids and details are so good that the bass hides in the background. I don't know, for this i need more
experience.

I can't remember who, but somebody wrote about the old cable being available from lendmeurears website. I can't find
it, anyone have a direct link or should i just send them an email. If at all possible i prefer to wear cable down.

I use Xperia Z5 compact and LG V10, Z5 is my main to go Phone. Soundstage and details are noticeably better on
the V10 but the sound is still very good on the Z5 and very easy to drive i never go on full volume on the Z5. 

For the following comparisons i have used: Tidal Hifi, LG V10 and Comply foams. Red-gray-gold filter. I am no
expert and still learning but this is what my ears hears
dt880smile.png

IE 80: FLC 8s destroys it completely. Bass, mids, treble and clarity maybe even soundstage which are IE80 strong
side. IE 80 sounds muddy and without any details in comparisons. Sad, will i ever use my IE 80 again... 
frown.gif

Crk 9: Bass goes to Crk 9. Everything else to FLC 8s. Bass is seriosly good on the Crk 9. if i didn't know it 
before i know it now
L3000.gif
. But again, changing back and forth, mids, details even treble - big difference.

Orivety Primacy: More fair fight. FLC 8s slightly better mids and details, bass more or less the same.
In another thread @nmatheis made a comparison between these. gray-gray-gunmetal should be the filter resempling
the Primacy. I haven't tried this. I need more time and experience but i also like to have different sound
signatures. But all in all technically the FLC 8s wins, for ergonomic, fit and easy to use the Primacy wins.
If i had to chose i think i would chose the Primacy
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #3,746 of 7,931
  I received my FLC 8s some days ago and have been listening to it on and off. Changing filters and just getting
used to the sound signature. Mids and details ara the best i have ever heard in a phone. But ok i have never heard
a 500 usd plus phone
smile_phones.gif
. In my ears bass is lacking without being bad i miss a little slam/bang. Maybe this is
because the mids and details are so good that the bass hides in the background. I don't know, for this i need more
experience.

I can't remember who, but somebody wrote about the old cable being available from lendmeurears website. I can't find
it, anyone have a direct link or should i just send them an email. If at all possible i prefer to wear cable down.

I use Xperia Z5 compact and LG V10, Z5 is my main to go Phone. Soundstage and details are noticeably better on
the V10 but the sound is still very good on the Z5 and very easy to drive i never go on full volume on the Z5. 

For the following comparisons i have used: Tidal Hifi, LG V10 and Comply foams. Red-gray-gold filter. I am no
expert and still learning but this is what my ears hears
dt880smile.png

IE 80: FLC 8s destroys it completely. Bass, mids, treble and clarity maybe even soundstage which are IE80 strong
side. IE 80 sounds muddy and without any details in comparisons. Sad, will i ever use my IE 80 again... 
frown.gif

Crk 9: Bass goes to Crk 9. Everything else to FLC 8s. Bass is seriosly good on the Crk 9. if i didn't know it 
before i know it now
L3000.gif
. But again, changing back and forth, mids, details even treble - big difference.

Orivety Primacy: More fair fight. FLC 8s slightly better mids and details, bass more or less the same.
In another thread @nmatheis made a comparison between these. gray-gray-gunmetal should be the filter resempling
the Primacy. I haven't tried this. I need more time and experience but i also like to have different sound
signatures. But all in all technically the FLC 8s wins, for ergonomic, fit and easy to use the Primacy wins.
If i had to chose i think i would chose the Primacy
smily_headphones1.gif

If you need more mid-bass slam, I'd suggest getting a portable dac&amp like mojo. 

May 15, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #3,749 of 7,931
  You are probably right. Sound is important but for me portabillity is also important. I will just have to live with it :)

The day its possible to get a sub 5 inch phone with the sound of the mojo, its a good day :)

It's all about the sabre chips becoming mainstream these days...frankly I don't think I can go back to sabre after listening to mojo. 

May 15, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #3,750 of 7,931
  It's all about the sabre chips becoming mainstream these days...frankly I don't think I can go back to sabre after listening to mojo. 

willowbrook any amps/dac you know can reduce mid bass slam. you seem like the expert hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back